talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern München Thread

I know I blasted Goretzka in another thread for his bad hair but I recently read that protesting at the Qatar Cup was his brain-child and that he was sour with his teammates for not taking a stand.  I guess there was some dressing room drama between he, Neuer, and Kimmich and he got shouted down.

This might have been from BILD or another questionable source, but if it was real then good for him.  Much respect.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
On 09/01/2023 at 03:35, Coma said:

I know I blasted Goretzka in another thread for his bad hair but I recently read that protesting at the Qatar Cup was his brain-child and that he was sour with his teammates for not taking a stand.  I guess there was some dressing room drama between he, Neuer, and Kimmich and he got shouted down.

This might have been from BILD or another questionable source, but if it was real then good for him.  Much respect.

I would believe it 100%. Hes been one of the more outspoken players, it stands out as most of them are sheep when it comes to any real world issues...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So Serge Gnabry gets in trouble for going to a Paris Fashion Show on his day off, but when Neuer goes skiing on a dangerous slope it's "well, shit happens"?

Here comes FC Hollywood again xD Whenever they are not winning every match, they are at each other's throats. You love to see it! 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, nudge said:

Here comes FC Hollywood again xD Whenever they are not winning every match, they are at each other's throats. You love to see it! 

And Salihamdzic being the moral preacher. He literally drove his car into someones house because he was speeding when he was a HSV player. :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, Tommy said:

And Salihamdzic being the moral preacher. He literally drove his car into someones house because he was speeding when he was a HSV player. :ph34r:

Salihamidzic always comes across as a massive dickhead to me, but then I remember that he's just trying to fill in Uli Hoeneß' shoes... :ph34r:

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
On 28/01/2023 at 04:55, Tommy said:

So Serge Gnabry gets in trouble for going to a Paris Fashion Show on his day off, but when Neuer goes skiing on a dangerous slope it's "well, shit happens"?

I would imagine Neuer got chewed out behind the scenes, I also wonder if thats part of the Tapalovic thing as well.

Either way Gnabry deserved it. We played on theFriday? and then on Tuesday in between he flies to fucking Paris? if he has a week off its one thing... He was also was shit against Köln. Unforunately nearly all of our chances funneled through him while he was bumbling around and not up to speed. Yeah theres definitely more issues at play its absolutely not all on him but thats a glaring problem in the middle of a string of tough performances. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I would imagine Neuer got chewed out behind the scenes, I also wonder if thats part of the Tapalovic thing as well.

Either way Gnabry deserved it. We played on theFriday? and then on Tuesday in between he flies to fucking Paris? if he has a week off its one thing... He was also was shit against Köln. Unforunately nearly all of our chances funneled through him while he was bumbling around and not up to speed. Yeah theres definitely more issues at play its absolutely not all on him but thats a glaring problem in the middle of a string of tough performances. 

I personally don't get it. A flight from Munich to Paris is just a bit over an hour... So he flies in the morning, attends some show, and then takes another flight home on the same day. How is that a problem, if he has a day off? Surely, it's his free time, and he has a right to decide how he spends it? As long as he's not drinking and partying for two nights straight or taking part in some dangerous or exerting activities, I don't see how would it be an issue? What if he wanted to visit family in Stuttgart which is over 2 hour trip by car, would Brazzo throw a fit too?... 

I'm pretty sure that if it wasn't for Neuer's incident and Bayern's recent dip in form, nobody would have even mentioned it... 

• Upvote 3

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, nudge said:

I personally don't get it. A flight from Munich to Paris is just a bit over an hour... So he flies in the morning, attends some show, and then takes another flight home on the same day. How is that a problem, if he has a day off? Surely, it's his free time, and he has a right to decide how he spends it? As long as he's not drinking and partying for two nights straight or taking part in some dangerous or exerting activities, I don't see how would it be an issue? What if he wanted to visit family in Stuttgart which is over 2 hour trip by car, would Brazzo throw a fit too?... 

I'm pretty sure that if it wasn't for Neuer's incident and Bayern's recent dip in form, nobody would have even mentioned it... 

Ah thats fair, Im totally thinking of a flight to Paris from my perspective. Yeah ok thats absolutely not that big of a deal then really :D

• Subscriber
Just now, Viva la FCB said:

Ah thats fair, Im totally thinking of a flight to Paris from my perspective. Yeah ok thats absolutely not that big of a deal then really :D

Yeah, I suspected that you were thinking of distances in North American standards xD 

A somewhat related anecdote, my dad once went from Wuppertal to Paris by car with one of the Wuppertaler SV stars back then in the 70s FOR BREAKFAST on the weekend xD That's about a 6 hour trip... Just to put it into perspective, haha. Nobody batted and eyelid, although granted, they did not posted it on Instagram either back then :ph34r:

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, I suspected that you were thinking of distances in North American standards xD 

A somewhat related anecdote, my dad once went from Wuppertal to Paris by car with one of the Wuppertaler SV stars back then in the 70s FOR BREAKFAST on the weekend xD That's about a 6 hour trip... Just to put it into perspective, haha. Nobody batted and eyelid, although granted, they did not posted it on Instagram either back then :ph34r:

Yeah my brain's like Paris is god damn far. Im dumb xD

If its a nice drive and he had a car he enjoyed Im all for it! thats a commitment though, good for him. I still haven't caved in getting into Instagram yet but it does seem convenient for getting into car stuff and photography. I might have to kick my own ass one day. Ive lived this long without any form of social media...

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah my brain's like Paris is god damn far. Im dumb xD

If its a nice drive and he had a car he enjoyed Im all for it! thats a commitment though, good for him. I still haven't caved in getting into Instagram yet but it does seem convenient for getting into car stuff and photography. I might have to kick my own ass one day. Ive lived this long without any form of social media...

Check out 500px instead of Instagram for photo stuff, it's like Instagram but purely for photography enthusiasts and minus the "influencers" and all the drama! :D 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, nudge said:

Check out 500px instead of Instagram for photo stuff, it's like Instagram but purely for photography enthusiasts and minus the "influencers" and all the drama! :D 

This looks amazing. I love it... will download on my phone. Thanks!

• Like 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Viva la FCB said:

This looks amazing. I love it... will download on my phone. Thanks!

PM me your profile link when you get it... Or post it in the Photography thread, if you don't mind publicity :D I've had an account there for ages, and while I haven't used it for quite a while, I'd love to get back into it, too...

• Upvote 1

Just now, nudge said:

No, Günter Pröpper :D 

Ah okay. 

Emil Meisen was my next door neighbour, until he died last year. There were always rumours that he was a footballer, some said he was a banker. Turns out, he was both. xD

He was quite a nice guy. Bit of a typical German pensioner though, making sure nobody sits in their car with a running engine in front of his house etc. xD

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emil_Meisen

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Ah okay. 

Emil Meisen was my next door neighbour, until he died last year. There were always rumours that he was a footballer, some said he was a banker. Turns out, he was both. xD

He was quite a nice guy. Bit of a typical German pensioner though, making sure nobody sits in their car with a running engine in front of his house etc. xD

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emil_Meisen

You should have bought him a beer -_-

• Subscriber

Ill post this here but its almost just as much about the national team. Q&A with Rafa and Neuer. Ill post a couple blurbs; Neuer doesnt mince his words when talking about Tapalovic being dismissed, hes not happy. 

PS If anyone wants I have free trials for the paywall :D

https://theathletic.com/4152853/2023/02/03/manuel-neuer-bayern-munich-germany/

The transfer of Sommer was one thing. But would it be right to say the dismissal of your long-time coach Toni Tapalovic was completely different?

That blow hit me extremely hard.

Who told you?

I was told by the club officials. It came out of nowhere. For Toni too. I didn’t understand that at all. It really knocked me down.

You are close friends as well as long-term collaborators. That makes this case all the more difficult.

Toni was always a team player with us, everyone saw it that way. He wasn’t working for me for eleven and a half years, but for the entire goalkeeper group, for the coaching staff and for the club. We were always able to separate work and private life. I understand that it might sound like I’m not being objective or not believable, but I can really tell the difference. For me, that was a blow — when I was already down on the ground. I felt like my heart was being ripped out. It was the most brutal thing I’ve experienced in my career. And I’ve experienced a lot.

What were you told was the reason for Tapalovic’s dismissal?

There was no reason that I could comprehend. Things were said that I don’t agree with. Nothing I heard would have ruled out the possibility of people talking to each other and sorting things out.

Do you think this was linked to (former Bayern keeper) Alexander Nubel’s claim that Tapalovic had not contacted him since he moved to Monaco (on loan in June 2021)?

I cannot imagine that. Tapa was responsible for Nubel’s transfer to Bayern in 2020: he had seen Alex at Schalke at a time when no other club had really noticed him and recommended him to Bayern immediately. He worked for Alex as well as for me, for Sven Ulreich and (former Bayern keeper) Christian Fruchtl. In all these years I’ve never heard any coach say anything negative about Tony. Ask Pep Guardiola and his crew, or Carlo (Ancelotti) or Niko (Kovac).

What was in your thoughts when that happened? Did you think Tapalovic’s dismissal was meant to hurt you?

I thought about all sorts of things, also in terms of my future at the club. But the Bayern officials assured me that wasn’t the case. I said that I didn’t agree with the reasons put forward and I felt I was heard. Oliver Kahn wasn’t just talking about my reaction to Yann Sommer arriving, but also about the bigger picture. I think he liked the fact that I was strong, even though — I have to say it again — I was caught off guard and it hit me badly. It’s the club’s decision, I have to accept it.

What does this story leave you with?

A big disappointment. This is about the human side of things, the way a valued employee was treated. At Bayern Munich, we want to be different — a family. And then something happens that I have never experienced before. It’s a sad thing for everyone: for the club, for Tapa, the staff and all of the goalkeepers, including me. Nevertheless, I want to say: I’m a human being on one hand, and I’m a professional on the other.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

The blowback continues from that Neuer interview. All top brass have basically spoken out. Theres been some speculation about stripping the captaincy.

I think Neuer will not play a single match for Bayern anymore. I just wonder whether it'll be the end of his career, or if he spend a few more seasons elsewhere. A return to Schalke would be pretty cool, tbh.