talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern München Thread

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, nudge said:

I think Neuer will not play a single match for Bayern anymore. I just wonder whether it'll be the end of his career, or if he spend a few more seasons elsewhere. A return to Schalke would be pretty cool, tbh.

Everything coming from Neuer's camp (even in the full interview he reiterated again) hes not done playing and even to the ire of @Devil-Dick Willie hes repeated hes not done with the national team either. 

Whether he continues in Munich or not will be interesting to see. I already thought theres more to the Sommer transfer then a simple stop gap until next season. The combination of everything from the ski accident to his playing form for club and country and now the interview it does seem like its headed to an exit and quick but I still wouldnt count him out. 

• Angry 1

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Everything coming from Neuer's camp (even in the full interview he reiterated again) hes not done playing and even to the ire of @Devil-Dick Willie hes repeated hes not done with the national team either. 

Whether he continues in Munich or not will be interesting to see. I already thought theres more to the Sommer transfer then a simple stop gap until next season. The combination of everything from the ski accident to his playing form for club and country and now the interview it does seem like its headed to an exit and quick but I still wouldnt count him out. 

There's the question of him making a full recovery, too. An open fracture of the tibia and the fibula is no joke. He might not have much choice, in the end.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, nudge said:

There's the question of him making a full recovery, too. An open fracture of the tibia and the fibula is no joke. He might not have much choice, in the end.

Yeah, thats fair too. The one update Brazzo did give with his statement was everything is healing well and on time for recovery for training camp but he did also say its only about halfway here. I imagine hes referring to rehab still to come and who knows, he is 36. I know im nowhere near the shape of Neuer nor have the medical care he does but I certainly didnt heal the same when I hit my 30's. 

• Upvote 2

I only just read the Neuer interview yesterday and honestly the only part that was at all controversial was the implication that he and Nagelsmann don't get along.  Maybe I'm missing something but he comes across as a nice guy.

Personally I think Nagelsmann is a tool, so maybe that's why I'm siding with Neuer.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Coma said:

I only just read the Neuer interview yesterday and honestly the only part that was at all controversial was the implication that he and Nagelsmann don't get along.  Maybe I'm missing something but he comes across as a nice guy.

Personally I think Nagelsmann is a tool, so maybe that's why I'm siding with Neuer.

As I was saying above I think the interview is just one more thing. First and foremost it wasnt sanctioned by the club and secondly he definitely made public his criticism's. Now its not scathing or anything and on its own probably would blow over fine in a week or two but thats the point, its the combination of his dip in form for the year for club and country and the skiing debacle and now this. The club had stood by him durring all of it until the last straw, so we'll see the fallout. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Laughable stuff. Comparing him to Kovac is the ultimate insult. Reminds me of the people claiming Pep failed here for never winning a CL. 

Speaking of laughable; Upa suspended 1 game following that farce of a red card. Gotta save face for the glaring ref mistakes and double it down baby. 

Edited by Viva la FCB

1 hour ago, nudge said:

xD Best reaction ever. Did Salihamidzic say that for real?

Yes, Kimmich too. 

https://www.spox.com/include/de/sport/listen/fussball/bundesliga/fc-bayern/2302/die-verschwoerungstheorie-von-salihamidzic-und-kimmich-im-check.html

Für Sportvorstand Hasan Salihamidzic war diese Fehlentscheidung "die Krönung" einer Entwicklung: "In den letzten Wochen war das schon so, dass man benachteiligt wurde." Joshua Kimmich pflichtete ihm bei: "Man hat im Moment das Gefühl, dass die eine oder andere 50-50-Entscheidung gegen uns gefällt wird."

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Yes, Kimmich too. 

https://www.spox.com/include/de/sport/listen/fussball/bundesliga/fc-bayern/2302/die-verschwoerungstheorie-von-salihamidzic-und-kimmich-im-check.html

Für Sportvorstand Hasan Salihamidzic war diese Fehlentscheidung "die Krönung" einer Entwicklung: "In den letzten Wochen war das schon so, dass man benachteiligt wurde." Joshua Kimmich pflichtete ihm bei: "Man hat im Moment das Gefühl, dass die eine oder andere 50-50-Entscheidung gegen uns gefällt wird."

Ok, at least Salihamidzic said "in recent weeks", otherwise I would have thought he lost the plot completely. Magath's reaction is still the best though xD 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Good news everyone!

This guys career still amazes me. Was at Hamburg, Mainz and Schalke with moderate success, goes to fucking Stoke where he scored 5 measly goals. Out of the fucking blue gets signed by PSG, then Bayern, and he delivers. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

This guys career still amazes me. Was at Hamburg, Mainz and Schalke with moderate success, goes to fucking Stoke where he scored 5 measly goals. Out of the fucking blue gets signed by PSG, then Bayern, and he delivers. 

Man of the people.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Man of the people.

But it would be interesting to know why it happened that way. Is he a tap-in merchant who just never had the assists he gets now? Late bloomer? Never had the right environment where he felt comfortable before? Changed his way of looking at things and became a better player because of that? I need a scientific explanation! xD

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tommy said:

But it would be interesting to know why it happened that way. Is he a tap-in merchant who just never had the assists he gets now? Late bloomer? Never had the right environment where he felt comfortable before? Changed his way of looking at things and became a better player because of that? I need a scientific explanation! xD

I’d say a mix of experience and playing on a great team. He is the only CF bayern have right?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I’d say a mix of experience and playing on a great team. He is the only CF bayern have right?

Yea, I think they had Mané playing on that position before he got injured? 

He played on a great team with PSG before, and didn't flourish like he does now. But yea, experience could be one of the keys. 

15 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, I think they had Mané playing on that position before he got injured? 

He played on a great team with PSG before, and didn't flourish like he does now. But yea, experience could be one of the keys. 

PSG also have far more players competing for spots than Bayern

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Honestly I have no idea but I hadn't watched him much up until he came here with the exception of the odd match back in his Bundesliga days. All i know is when he stepped up when Lewy got injured is when he showed hes capable. I think his success is partly do to the service and that cant be ignored but this team just functions way better with a target man up top playing with Müller. Its a marriage of convenience for sure as he really is our only out and out striker but its definitely mutually beneficial. I dont mean to do him a disservice because hes scored some bangers, good interchanges and good finishes not just being in the right place tapping in rebounds or setups that anyone could finish, hes genuinely looked like he fits in. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Hes apparently going to be left out of the squad against Hoffenheim and pay a fine. Yeah im surprised at how bad hes been, I thought at the time he had to be a sure thing especially the season he was coming off of. Hopefully he can get his shit together. 

Now theres this...