talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern München Thread

58bd9e2983c26_Logo_FC_Bayern_Mnchen.svg.png.76c0202fc0a9b266a83ace823eaabd36.png

Fußball-Club Bayern München e.V., commonly known as FC Bayern München (German pronunciation: [ʔɛf tseː ˈbaɪɐn ˈmʏnçn̩]), FCB, Bayern Munich, or FC Bayern, is a German sports club based in Munich, Bavaria (Bayern), Germany. It is best known for its professional football team, which plays in the Bundesliga, the top tier of the German football league system, and is the most successful club in German football history, having won a record 26 national titles and 18 national cups

All discussion relating to Bayern that does not warrant it's own thread (i.e. - players signing new contracts, newspaper clippings etc...) should take place here.

Edited by Ubuntu

• The title was changed to Bayern München Thread
1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Ehm...Why would we post discussions relating to Arsenal in the Bayern München thread?:ph34r:

I noticed that after posting one of them, so I quickly went back and changed it :D

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11890/10795410/xabi-alonso-to-retire-at-end-of-season

Xabi Alonso to retire at end of season

Former Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso has announced he will retire from professional football at the end of the season.

800-1488980249.jpg

The 35-year-old confirmed the news, which had been rumoured for the last two months, on social media on Thursday morning.

Alonso came through the ranks at Real Sociedad before joining Liverpool in 2004, where his first season culminated in the miraculous Istanbul comeback against AC Milan that secured a Champions League trophy.
He also won an FA Cup, a UEFA Super Cup and a Community Shield with the Reds and was at Anfield until 2009, when he moved on to Real Madrid,

More silverware, including a second Champions League and a La Liga title, came while he was at the Bernabeu.

A move to Bayern followed in 2014 and Alonso helped the club claim Bundesliga titles in his first two seasons - they are also seven points clear this season and reached the Champions League quarter-finals by completing a 10-2 win over Arsenal on Tuesday.

He also won a World Cup and two European Championships while playing for Spain, for whom he won 114 caps and scored 16 goals.
Alonso said: "It wasn't an easy decision to make, but I believe it's the right time.

"I always thought it would be better to quit sooner rather than later. I still feel good, but I believe this is the right moment.

"I wanted to end my career still at the highest level, and Bayern is the highest level. I'm incredibly proud and happy to play for FC Bayern and to be a part of this family."

Great player where his honours won speak for themselves and it's because he's worked extremely hard to do it. The reason as Cannabis has mentioned because he has never been flashy or extremely technically gifted. Being Spanish and having that on your shoulders means you have to be so so good in other areas!

Everything he's accomplished, he's deserved because of himself. 

Edited by SirBalon

I'm not Bayern's biggest fan but I wouldn't mind him signing off his career with a 3rd CL.

A truly special player. The fact that Guardiola swooped in to take him from Madrid at 32 or 33 shows you how valuable he was. An example for any lover of football that technique and understanding are all you need to boss a match.

And by technique I mean touch and distribution. Of course he wasn't a dribbler, but he's a master of the fundamentals of technique.

Edited by Inverted

• Subscriber

Always wanted him to end his career with us but when you look at all he has accomplished its no surprise to me at what he achieved. One of my favorite moments was when he hit the penalty in Istanbul and it got stopped but he didn't and got the ball in the back of the net. We never really replaced him imo.

• Subscriber

He's a player that just oozes class. Im partly ashamed at how some of our fanbase has ridiculed him at times, im glad to see him go out on his terms and hope to send him off with some more trophies to pack his bursting cabinet. 

• Subscriber

Theres been a couple players coming out about playing time in the last few weeks between Costa and now recently Kimmich. Its very understandable in some regards and especially Kimmich i dont know if he was just answering a direct question. In all honestly he probably should have seen more time this season, he started it on fire with all them goals too it is a bit disappointing. BUT with Xabi Alonso and Lahm both retiring he will get his chance. Anyways Lahm weighed in a bit and i think hes bang on. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Javi Martinez is done for the remainder of the season. He broke his collar bone hiking in Spain :dam:

In other news steam is picking up on a move for Alexis. Would make some sense, but the money being thrown about sounds kind of crazy. It almost certainly would spell the end for Douglas Costa as well who has been the main subject of a move all season.

Edited by Viva la FCB

• Subscriber

Bayern Munich have confirmed that Holger Badstuber will not be offered a new contract in the summer.

The 28-year-old defender, whose current deal expires on 30 June 2017, has been on loan at Schalke since January.

"It was clear from the outset that Holger Badstuber, after his loan spell at Schalke, would likely look for a new experience abroad," Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said. "Therefore Bayern Munich wishes Holger Badstuber all the best and would like to thank him for his exemplary commitment during almost 15 years at Säbener Straße."

Schalke had indicated earlier this week that they would be not be seeking to extend Badstuber’s stay in Gelsenkirchen. "We will not sign Badstuber on a permanent deal," sporting director Christian Heidel said at a news conference. "The coach discussed things with Holger on Wednesday. We will say farewell to him on Saturday [at home to Hamburg]."

Badstuber's career has been plagued by injuries since he graduated from the Bayern youth academy. He made his league debut for the club in August 2009 and went on to start 33 games in that season's title-winning campaign. 

He was a regular in the team for the following two seasons before suffering a cruciate ligament knee injury in December 2012. He had a recurrence of the problem in May 2013 and was out of action for 19 months in total before returning against Wolfsburg on the opening day of the 2014/2015 season.

In 2015 Badstuber tore a thigh muscle and in February 2016 he broke his ankle, limiting him to just 18 league appearances for Bayern over the past three seasons.

He has started 11 games for Schalke since joining the Royal Blues during the winter break.

Source: https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/holger-badstuber-to-leave-bayern-munich-noblmd33-443829.jsp

such a promising player with a career ruined by injuries completely... 

• Subscriber

The writing was on the wall when we signed Süle. It really is sad but at this point he just needs some regular game time to salvage something hopefully. I wish him all the best, most fans have a soft spot for the guy. 

I actually think Mancity could be a good fit for him.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

The writing was on the wall when we signed Süle. It really is sad but at this point he just needs some regular game time to salvage something hopefully. I wish him all the best, most fans have a soft spot for the guy. 

I actually think Mancity could be a good fit for him.

They've enough injury prone defenders as it is. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in MLS. 

• The title was changed to James Rodriguez Signs for Bayern Munich