talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern München Thread

• Subscriber

GOD DAMNIT

Update: Thiago in tears on the bench

Thiago burst into tears after forlornly taking a seat on the bench by Juan Bernat, who tried to comfort his compatriot. Jupp Heynckes told ZDF (via AZ) that Thiago’s substitution “was not a precautionary measure”:

He indicated that he had pain under the sole of his foot. Tomorrow he’ll have an MRI, then we can say more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

You stole some of my thunder, I was just posting a buttload of junk xD

Kovac is interesting, I want to say it was last week he and someone from Frankfurt (I forget who) said he was going nowhere, Kovac said something along of the lines of he always planned to fulfill his contract. Im not sure how I would feel about this to be honest, the whole situation was bobbled from the start noone can pretend hes our first or even second choice at this point. Hes done a great job with Frankfurt though.

News broke of a Ribery extension last night? Said Robben was to follow, both 1 year extensions and in the kicker report about Ribery apparently it was contigent on a reduced role. We'll see what happens.

Also apparently no serious injuries where sustained during the Sevilla match apparently.

• 3 weeks later...

With a champions league exit courtesy of Real Madrid in the semis, I view this season as a failure. 

Winning bundesliga and pokal are given. 

The road to semis was not hard. Easy group. Knockouts could have been worse. 

We bow out to first opposition faced. 

They will celebrate the bundesliga title and pokal should they win it, but to me it is hollow. 

The summer should look to improve the team. 

Start rotating players through the season to avoid injuries.  We don't need to win bundesliga by 20pts.  (Hell im fine with it winning it in order to win the champions league!)

use younger players like Rudy more. Callback Sanches, Gnabry (are we getting Goretzka and Meyer?)

reaching semifinals was flattering Bayern this year.  Had Bayern drawn Barcelona Man City or Liverpool earlier they would not have advanced.  

Theres not enough speed. Lack of bite up front.  

Only bright light was Kimmich.  Hopefully he isn't burnt out by World Cup 

6 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Robben and Rafinha extend their contracts for one further year.

Klose has signed on to coach the U17 youth team.

DON JUPP:

https://fcbayern.com/en/news/2018/05/heynckes-interviewed?shortURL=SsGMU

As an outsider, it seems that Bayern still rely on Robben and Ribery too much. Did Pep's transfers set the club back in terms of age? Outside of Kimmich have any youngsters exploded onto the scene at Bayern?

Well I wouldn´t count Kimmich neither as he´s a VfB Stuttgart academy product. If you call him an youngster Tolisso should be mentioned similarly.

It´s been a good while since a Bayern academy player broke through, Müller might have been the last. Benko, Dorsch, Friedl and goalkeeper Früchtl are very talented academy players on their way to more playing time, it seems though.

• Subscriber
On 5/12/2018 at 04:22, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well I wouldn´t count Kimmich neither as he´s a VfB Stuttgart academy product. If you call him an youngster Tolisso should be mentioned similarly.

It´s been a good while since a Bayern academy player broke through, Müller might have been the last. Benko, Dorsch, Friedl and goalkeeper Früchtl are very talented academy players on their way to more playing time, it seems though.

Theres already been alot of talk about Dorsch leaving at the end of the year. Otherwise you're exactly right there hasnt been any since Müller that I can think of, I have high hopes for Früchtl out of the bunch but we shall see.

@Spike Its been a common complaint among supporters for a few years about not properly replacing Robbery, Coman has looked the real deal but he seems to be injured at key times then there really isnt anyone else. From all I've read there will be no more wing transfers, Gnabry is coming in at the end of his loan and that will be it going forward for next season. Its hard to say about Pep, his agenda was to win the CL so he brought in more veterans. As Rucksack mentions there hasnt been a youth movement basically since the bunch that was our core.

• Subscriber

Dorsch is leaving, it's official already... Friedl should get enough playing time at Bremen next season; he was decent for us so far, and he'll probably become an established Bundesliga player in the future, but I don't think he'll ever really be Bayern-caliber.

• Upvote 1

On 5/12/2018 at 06:22, Rucksackfranzose said:

Is Tolisso as important as Kimmich? The only reason I mentioned the latter is because he is already elite.

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Spike said:

Is Tolisso as important as Kimmich? The only reason I mentioned the latter is because he is already elite.

As the squad is currently constructed no. Tolisso has showed some real promise and class in a handful of matches but currently the middle of the pitch has alot of options, not to mention Goretzka coming in as well in the summer. For the future Tolisso is important I believe.

• Subscriber

Bayern Munich have tabled a €60 million bid for Bayer Leverkusen winger Leon Bailey, according to sources familiar with the negotiations.

Leverkusen, however, are holding out for a fee closer to €100m and would much prefer to sell the 20-year-old to Real Madrid, who have also expressed a strong interest in him.

The Champions League finalists have instructed Portuguese agent Jose Mendes to explore the possibility of luring the Jamaican-born attacking midfielder to the Bernabeu.

Bayern believe Bailey favours a move to the Allianz Arena over the Spanish capital, but they will have to up their offer considerably to meet Leverkusen's demands.

Leverkusen are confident more bidders from abroad will materialise in coming weeks. Many Premier League clubs have closely followed the Jamaica youth international's progress but as of today, Bayern are the only club to have made a concrete offer.

Bailey, a €13.5m buy from Belgium side KRC Genk in January 2017, has emerged as one of the breakout stars of the Bundesliga in his first full campaign, contributing nine goals and six assists to Leverkusen's fifth-placed finish in the league.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/3502599/bayern-munich-make-60m-bid-for-bayer-leverkusens-leon-bailey-sources

Cant edit this properly but its from Honigstein, interesting if theres any truth in it.

Edited by Viva la FCB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just popped into say that Uli Hoeness is a fat old rich bigoted cunt and convicted criminal who knows nothing about football.

It's a disgrace to a club of Bayern's stature to cling to such a figure. 

Edited by Inverted