talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern München Thread

https://kicker.de/news/video/2032649/video_die-bayern-abrechnung-im-video---unverschaemt-und-respektlos.html

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45915862

:rofl: German press, who re well known for being up Bayerns asses all over Germany, disrespectful towards Bayern. The Bayern board members really lost the plot.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

https://kicker.de/news/video/2032649/video_die-bayern-abrechnung-im-video---unverschaemt-und-respektlos.html

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45915862

:rofl: German press, who re well known for being up Bayerns asses all over Germany, disrespectful towards Bayern. The Bayern board members really lost the plot.

I was reading transcripts this morning what a joke. Im so far over Uli at this point, his comments about Bernat are so far passed the line. You dont throw former players under the bus like that and then back it up several times and then get out and shoot him. The whole point they where trying to make is why didnt you replace him, god damn this is frustrating.

• Subscriber

Even with the rebuttal Bernat's agent kept it classy, good for them. Uli could learn a thing or two.

For context this some of what was said about him:

For the second time I’ve now heard that you have glorified Juan Bernat! Bernat! The weal and woe of FC Bayern depends on the fact that we sold Juan Bernat to Paris. Let me tell you something: when we played in Sevilla, he alone was responsible for the fact that we were almost knocked out, and on that day it was decided that we would get rid of him. Because he had almost cost us the entire Champions League. I wish I could have heard your commentary after that about how he had played like shit.

• Subscriber

Bernat has fired back some comments, actually a super well written response. The fact that he can stay classy in a situation like this makes me appreciate him even more, Uli and Co could learn a thing or ten.

I have nothing to say about it. I was taught as a child to be grateful. I will always be grateful to Bayern and the fans for the four years I was allowed to spend there. I wish Bayern all the best, lots of luck. I have very good memories of my time there.

"I think that all of us -- but especially President Hoeness -- must take care that when we talk about footballers we do so with respect. I think that is the least that one can ask. I think that the statements by President Hoeness are everything but felicitous and in no way worthy of the president of a great club"

• 2 weeks later...

Hoeneß, although always a pain in the ass for a neutral, has earned a lot of praise for the good work he did in relation of the position Bayern are in, both financially and sportswise.  His statements turned from provocative into embarassing since, at least, last year, though. Although never likeable he´s always been respectable, it´s unpleasant to see him becoming a deluded gimp.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Hoeneß, although always a pain in the ass for a neutral, has earned a lot of praise for the good work he did in relation of the position Bayern are in, both financially and sportswise.  His statements turned from provocative into embarassing since, at least, last year, though. Although never likeable he´s always been respectable, it´s unpleasant to see him becoming a deluded gimp.

It really is. At least he apologized for the Bernat comments which never should have been said to begin with mind you. Somethings got to give sooner or later one can think they can only fire so many coaches before more notice the bigger problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Hopefully it doesnt come to this but I can appreciate the maturity to comment about such things.

Coman comments:

I’m very happy to be back on the pitch after a very difficult year. When I hurt myself, for me, it was the end of the world, because I had put my whole life in order for the World Cup.'

If I need a third operation, I don’t think I’ll do it. If I hurt myself again (...) enough is enough! Maybe my foot isn’t made for the high level and I’ll move on with my life.

I’m content with little today. If I can recover my form after the winter break and keep going, I’ll be the happiest guy in the world.

Edited by Viva la FCB

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

This has been picking up steam in the last 24 hours, its too bad he played quite well in relief under Don Jupp but Kovac just didnt use him much and when he did hes been poor this season. 

https://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/fc-bayern-sandro-wagner-vor-sofortigem-abschied-ihm-winkt-ein-mega-gehalt-zr-11579891.amp.html

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

This has been picking up steam in the last 24 hours, its too bad he played quite well in relief under Don Jupp but Kovac just didnt use him much and when he did hes been poor this season. 

https://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/fc-bayern-sandro-wagner-vor-sofortigem-abschied-ihm-winkt-ein-mega-gehalt-zr-11579891.amp.html

Done deal. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I mean Thiago has always been instrumental to the team but seeing the numbers laid out like this is astounding.

Since he joined Bayern in 2013:

Bayern's win rate with Thiago - 81%

Without Thaigo - 72%

Solid read:

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/thiago-why-are-bayern-munich-better-with-former-barcelona-midfielder-3309-2293

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Apparently Timo Werner might be on the horizon as well, been a few links previously, we'll see. As well as a link to Stark which may be dead if the news of Lucas Hernandez is confirmed.

An agreement with RB Leipzig, however, has not yet been reached. According to the report, FC Bayern and player advisor Karlheinz Förster were able to agree on a change. Förster is already known in Munich, as he was also involved in the transfer of Niklas Süle 2017 from TSG 1899 Hoffenheim to Munich. Werner is still under contract in Leipzig until summer 2020, which makes the situation more difficult for the Red Bulls. If Werner were to rule out an extension of the contract, there would be a threat of a retiring free of charge one year later if the change is refused in 2019. The club recently denied that there was an offer from FC Bayern. Werner showed himself to be cryptic in mid-December: "If you play in Germany for RB Leipzig and want to stay in Germany, you actually only have one club where you can change.

Beyond that Borussia Dortmund's managing director Hans-Joachim Watzke had fired the speculations in January. Asked about Thorgan Hazard and Werner, the BVB boss said: "I have at least the impression that one of the two players has already settled his future. And not with us."

Timo Werner moved from VfB Stuttgart to RB Leipzig in 2016. The 22-year-old developed into a national player and scored 58 goals in 179 Bundesliga games. At FC Bayern he would probably compete with Robert Lewandowski. However, Werner can also hang up or play over his wings.

With Benjamin Pavard, the FCB has already signed a defender, but apparently more new personnel will refresh the defensive. One candidate is apparently Niklas Stark of Hertha BSC.

According to "Sport1", the 23-year-old central defender could become particularly interesting if the transfer of Atleticos Lucas Hernandez fails. He is considered to be strong in duels, good at opening the game and proved his skills on Saturday in the match against the FCB.

translated via reddit so it cant be wrong.

https://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/bundesliga/fc-bayern/1902/News/fcb-geruecht-offenbar-mit-timo-werner-von-rb-leipzig-einig.html

Edited by Viva la FCB

• 3 weeks later...

The 27th is again here - Many Happy returns to the 'old' keeper in the Bayern goal from Me and Atsuto (all share the same date) although to me he is still a youngster with the same honesty and respect he had in the classroom some twenty years ago.  Brilliant then as he was on Sunday.  Have a good one Peter!

Sei net!

Do I detect a little bit of jealousy as he wears red rather than green?  I have not met the young guy, but he seems a perfect follow up to Philip Lahm and deserves all our respect for the way he acts on and off the field.  His smile in the pic reminds me of how I felt when that happened for the first time! and , yes, I feel a year older today!  Wonder if the youngster will be name Meyer-Kimmich?

Edited by SchalkeUK

• Subscriber

Read this the other day, even if Uli gets alot of flack which is mostly deserved you still here things like this once in awhile, warms the heart a tad.

Bayern Munich’s Kingsley Coman has dealt with numerous injuries in the past. The young Frenchman was sidelined for a good portion of the first part of the season and also missed the World Cup due to injury. But now, he feels better.

Much better.

Surprisingly, he might have had a little help from Uli Hoeneß in achieving some level of comfort despite a sometimes frustrating season.

A few months ago, Uli Hoeneß invited me to his home on the Tegernsee, so that we could get to know each other better and to exchange ideas. Just the two of us. It was a very pleasant atmosphere. He had specially prepared some delicious Bavarian cookies for me.

In his interview with Socrates magazine he continued:

He especially wanted to know how I tick [work]. After this talk, I understood even better why many people say that Bayern Munich is like family.

Hoeneß gave the youngster few more pieces of advice:

He told me that if I give everything to the club on a daily basis, the bosses will always be there for me and stand by my side. I feel even better since that conversation.

Since 2015, Coman has played for Die Rekordmeister. Coman was initially on loan from Juventus until he was firmly committed to Bayern in 2017 for 21 million euros. Coman’s contract with the Munich will run until 2023.

It is very nice to hear that Bayern’s front office seeks to connect with and personally look out for the players. These kind of talks mean the world to most athletes.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2019/3/28/18285199/bayern-munich-kingsley-coman-feel-better-talk-uli-hoeness-interview-family-home-injury-javi-martinez

• Upvote 3