talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern München Thread

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Looks like the Sane deal is done now. Thank god, I hated playing against him. Incredible player.

Sane, Gnabry and Coman as options out wide is pretty impressive depth.

Yes, Bayern have reportedly tied the deal. The transfer will initially cost £44.7 million followed by £10 million in achievable add-ons. So in total, Bayern will probably be spending around £54.7 million on him. That's not a very high transfer fee in today's market for a player of Sane's quality.

I have to agree with you when you call him an incredible player. At his best, he is unstoppable and a huge threat to opponents. He should thrive at Bayern with all the quality he has around him. He just needs to sort his attitude out sometimes and be more professional. I don't know about you, but I rate him higher than Sterling, despite Sterling having more success at City. 

Sane has pace to burn, he can dribble and he is an excellent scorer, he strikes the ball beautifully. If Flick and Bayern manage to get the best out of him, Sane could become a magnificent player at Bayern. 

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Yes, Bayern have reportedly tied the deal. The transfer will initially cost £44.7 million followed by £10 million in achievable add-ons. So in total, Bayern will probably be spending around £54.7 million on him. That's not a very high transfer fee in today's market for a player of Sane's quality.

I have to agree with you when you call him an incredible player. At his best, he is unstoppable and a huge threat to opponents. He should thrive at Bayern with all the quality he has around him. He just needs to sort his attitude out sometimes and be more professional. I don't know about you, but I rate him higher than Sterling, despite Sterling having more success at City. 

Sane has pace to burn, he can dribble and he is an excellent scorer, he strikes the ball beautifully. If Flick and Bayern manage to get the best out of him, Sane could become a magnificent player at Bayern. 

I still rate Sterling better, tbh. Maybe because I’d seen him develop with us as well, but I think Sterling’s a better player than most give him credit for - even though he’s highly rated.

But I don’t think there’s much between them in terms of raw talent. Sane just seems like such a nightmare to defend against.

They’re both incredible players though. I just worry what City will do now they’ve sold someone so good.

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I still rate Sterling better, tbh. Maybe because I’d seen him develop with us as well, but I think Sterling’s a better player than most give him credit for - even though he’s highly rated.

But I don’t think there’s much between them in terms of raw talent. Sane just seems like such a nightmare to defend against.

They’re both incredible players though. I just worry what City will do now they’ve sold someone so good.

Well they are both world class players, there is little doubt in that. However, I would suggest that Sane is slightly the more rounded player. Sure they both have electric pace and they are both really influential wingers. I would even probably say that Sterling works harder for the team, he's always running everywhere and closing players down, however, I think that Sane is a much better finisher. It's not surprising why some people have felt that Sane could be a real success as a central attacker, where his scoring abilities could be better utilised. The same can't be said about Sterling, even though he has admittedly improved his finishing technique.

If we are talking about both their roles as wingers, then I think that it is telling that it was only at the start of 2019, that Guardiola practically said that Sane was the best winger in the world. Now Pep has worked with both players almost on a daily basis for years now, you would think that he knows what he is talking about. I personally think that Sane has incredible potential, if he avoids injuries and if he is well settled. Sane should feel at home back in Germany playing for Bayern and he ought be well looked after, by some of the best medical staff in the world there. I believe that Sane will likely be a sensation at Bayern. With all due respect to Gnabry and Coman, who are both superb wingers in their own right, Sane promises to be an even bigger hit than they have been.

Edited by Michael
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Heard Bayern is looking into bakayoko and letting havertz opportunity slide by.

bakayoko is past his prime and I don't recall if he is a regular starter.  Future is havertz, so I don't get the reasoning 

what are your thoughts?

I think that it would be foolish to buy Bakayoko as I don't think that he will be good enough for Bayern and yes, it would be great to have Havertz at Bayern. But the problem is that Bayern are looking for a defensive midfielder and not so much an offensive midfielder. 

Bayern have already made one big summer signing when they bought Leroy Sane and as I understand it, they will only potentially make one more big summer signing. However, it is the defensive midfield position that they seem to be prioritising. 

Bayern were at one point very interested in Havertz, but with Thomas Muller returning to his world class best, Bayern don't seem to see the urgency in spending 90 million euros on Havertz this summer. If Havertz stays at Leverkusen for the upcoming season, then I am sure that Bayern will attempt to buy him next summer.

I would personally love to see Havertz at Bayern, he would be incredible in this world class Bayern team.

Edited by Michael

19 minutes ago, Michael said:

I think that it would be foolish to buy Bakayoko as I don't think that he will be good enough for Bayern and yes, it would be great to have Havertz at Bayern. But the problem is that Bayern are looking for a defensive midfielder and not so much an offensive midfielder. 

Bayern have already made one big summer signing when they bought Leroy Sane and as I understand it, they will only potentially make one more big summer signing. However, it is the defensive midfield position that they seem to be prioritising. 

Bayern were at one point very interested in Havertz, but with Thomas Muller returning to his world class best, Bayern don't seem to see the urgency in spending 90 million euros on Havertz this summer. If Havertz stays at Leverkusen for the upcoming season, then I am sure that Bayern will attempt to buy him next summer.

I would personally love to see Havertz at Bayern, he would be incredible in this world class Bayern team.

Defense midfielder is the key true. Like you I'm sure that there are others available than bakayoko. 

In regards to havertz, ya Müller recovered but he is no longer as youthful and who knows how long his resurgence will last.  

Your take is quite right. If havertz is available next year, he should be in a Bayern kit. 

On another note the signing of the new GK who is primed for great things will work as a second string to Neuer.  Will that hurt his development?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Käiser said:

Defense midfielder is the key true. Like you I'm sure that there are others available than bakayoko. 

In regards to havertz, ya Müller recovered but he is no longer as youthful and who knows how long his resurgence will last.  

Your take is quite right. If havertz is available next year, he should be in a Bayern kit. 

On another note the signing of the new GK who is primed for great things will work as a second string to Neuer.  Will that hurt his development?

Yes, Muller's age is definitely a factor to consider. But he is essentially Mr Bayern Munich, the local lad who came good and who has played his entire career at Bayern, winning so much in the process. In an ideal world, it would be great to see Bayern buy Havertz and a defensive midfielder to add to their signing of Sane. But money is always an issue, especially in these current times of COVID-19. I am personally hoping that Havertz stays at Leverkusen for one more season, but Chelsea and Real Madrid might have something to say about that.

As for Nubel, I do not see him replacing the impressive Neuer next season, however he may be given a few first team games to keep him happy. We also can't rule out Neuer getting injured at some point next season, so Nubel could be an ideal back up. Nubel is still very young and I am sure that he will be content playing second fiddle to the mighty Neuer for at least one season. I don't think that being a sub will hurt Nubel's development, he is being trained by the very best at Bayern and who else is better to learn from as a goalkeeper than Neuer. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, The Käiser said:

So can Sané play in the champions league game(s) in August?

he didn't feature for Manchester city this season 

I don't think so as not registered in initial team for the knockout rounds. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Eco said:

With the retirement of Iker, I was thinking of something...

Who is considered the better overall GK between Lehmann, Kahn, or Neuer? 

Tim Wiese :ph34r:

In all seriousness, I find it very hard to compare Kahn and Neuer. If we're talking about pure goalkeeping only, then I'd say Kahn, as his shot stopping and presence on the pitch were unbelievable. Neuer is the more complete player, who pretty much revolutionised the art of goalkeeping. Lehmann was good but a tier below those two for me.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, nudge said:

In all seriousness, I find it very hard to compare Kahn and Neuer. If we're talking about pure goalkeeping only, then I'd say Kahn, as his shot stopping and presence on the pitch were unbelievable. Neuer is the more complete player, who pretty much revolutionised the art of goalkeeping. Lehmann was good but a tier below those two for me.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly. Ive always had a hard time comparing Kahn and Neuer. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, nudge said:

In what way do you think Neuer revolutionized the art of goalkeeping? 

12 minutes ago, nudge said:

And I thought that Jens had been played for Bayern for a small period, but in fact I was wrong, but that is why I placed this topic here in the Bayern thread. 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, nudge said:

Kahn

Neuer

Lehmann 

That'd be my order. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

His sweeper-keeper ability and being good with his feet I imagine. 

• Upvote 4

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

The whole "sweeper keeper" approach to the game, combining traditional goalkeeper and outfield player roles to a certain degree. He might not be the first keeper with that style of play, but he certainly brought it to a completely new level...

• Upvote 2