talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern München Thread

• Subscriber

Alaba's press conference was as expected; he announced his departure in the summer. Wish him the best, he will undoubtably go down as a club legend. 

David Alaba: "I have personally made the decision to try something new after this season and to leave the club. It wasn't an easy decision, I've been here for 13 years and the club is very important to me"

Alaba: "Of course I took my time, after 13 years it's not an easy decision. I then decided for myself to try something new, a new challenge. It took time."

Is Barcelona an option for you? Alaba: "It's no secret that my management is in contact with other clubs. The rest will be decided in the future"

Who at the club fought to keep you? Alaba: "Everyone, really everyone. And I'm very, very grateful to the club for that, which is why it was a very difficult decision. I can call the club a family."

"In the next few months I will give everything and throw it all in the balance to help the team and to be successful in the end. That is the goal of the whole club and also defines FC Bayern. FC Bayern want to be at the top every year"

VIA

Bild:

David Alaba has hesitated for a long time and his decision was difficult. He hoped until the end that there would still be an agreement with Bayern. But it did not get to that.

Alaba has informed the Bayern bosses in advance that he wants to go public and communicate the decision himself. He wants to end the speculation so that he can fully focus on the rest of the season [Bild]

Alaba's wish is to say goodbye with as many titles as possible. Preferably with his third Champions League title with Bayern [Bild] - YES!

• Subscriber

Man Tolisso cant catch a break. Tore a tenden in his thigh in training and it required surgery...they expect at least 3 months. This on the heels of Douglas Costa also suffering a foot injury and being marked out for "several weeks" Also Gnabry being out for some time and naturally Müller just made an instagram post about starting to feel better after his bout with Covid. Squad gets real thin real quick. 

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

So this Musiala lad. Any good? Literally only heard about him last night because he’s now the youngest English goal scorer in history, and then chooses to represent Germany. You couldn’t make this shit up xD

was* :German:

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

So this Musiala lad. Any good? Literally only heard about him last night because he’s now the youngest English goal scorer in history, and then chooses to represent Germany. You couldn’t make this shit up xD

Even before the injuries he was getting his opportunities, Flick was quite high on him and for good reason. He has an excellent finish, excellent dribbling/1 on 1s, his decision making is sometimes lacking but honestly for a 17 year old hes fit in seamlessly and his confidence seems to be growing, very excited for his future. It was urking my soul to see old Choups magoops starting the last few games over him at least the right decision was made against Lazio. 

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that if Haaland moves to Bayern that he's only there for a season or two, he's just too good to not be playing in the Premier League. 

He would absolutely tear it up with Lewandowski too, Bayern would literally be looking at double figures most weeks.

• Administrator

Haaland:

To Bayern if Lewandowski leaves.

To Man City when Aguero goes (Jesus isn't good enough)

To PSG because they can spend money

To Real when Benzema goes.

They're the only 4 clubs I can realistically see him at next. Purely based on affordability.

Anyone think he'll move this summer? Looks ever more likely given that Dortmund might not even be in CL next season and is unlikely to win as much as he could with the above clubs.

Just now, Stan said:

Haaland:

To Bayern if Lewandowski leaves.

To Man City when Aguero goes (Jesus isn't good enough)

To PSG because they can spend money

To Real when Benzema goes.

They're the only 4 clubs I can realistically see him at next. Purely based on affordability.

Anyone think he'll move this summer? Looks ever more likely given that Dortmund might not even be in CL next season and is unlikely to win as much as he could with the above clubs.

Real Madrid wouldn't be able to afford him, both they and Barcelona are struggling with finances due to Covid, so I can't see him going there just yet (plus they seem to prefer Mbappe).

Manchester City is a good shout, totally agree with you about Jesus not being good enough. It's the kind of signing that Manchester United would make too as it's proper marquee, but don't think they have enough about them to convince him to go. 

PSG (would be dissapointed if he went there) are a viable option, but if he's happy in Germany everything points to Bayern. 

I think moving from Dortmund is likely, considering where they are and how he has exploded.

• Subscriber

Probably best case scenario kind of news for Boateng, sounds like hes avoided anything major. No timetable on a return yet but from the scuttle ive read anywhere from 2-6 weeks is normal.

Jerome Boateng suffered a strained left knee capsule in the 4-2 win over Borussia Dortmund in the Bundesliga. The diagnosis was made following an examination by the FC Bayern medical department. The center-back will complete an individual rehabilitation programme in the coming days.

Edited by Viva la FCB

• 2 weeks later...

Pizarro will recommend Tapia to Bayern.

I like Tapia but it does beg the question: is it nationalism? Tapia is fantastic but I think Ndidi is better and isn't at a club as powerful as Chelsea or City for example.

I would prefer Real Madrid or Atletico, but it's interesting nevertheless.

3 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Pizarro will recommend Tapia to Bayern.

I like Tapia but it does beg the question: is it nationalism? Tapia is fantastic but I think Ndidi is better and isn't at a club as powerful as Chelsea or City for example.

I would prefer Real Madrid or Atletico, but it's interesting nevertheless.

Keep calm, it's not like Bayern weren't used to be recommanded players many of whom they don't sign. Genuine question, how reliable is this source as you announced a few transfers of Peruvian players to the Buli that never happened probably because your sources were questionable?

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Keep calm, it's not like Bayern weren't used to be recommanded players many of whom they don't sign. Genuine question, how reliable is this source as you announced a few transfers of Peruvian players to the Buli that never happened probably because your sources were questionable?

It was Pizarro who said it, and I believe it because he loves his country, he just hates our federation.

And Tapia has been linked to bigger clubs by the Spanish press.

Just now, nudge said:

Pretty sure he said that he would recommend Tapia if Bayern asked him to recommend a player :) 

Yeah, that is what he said.

It is true however, because he spoke to El Comercio and if he didn't say those things, he would put the press in their place as he has done many times before.

He doesn't like it when words are put in his mouth. He is pretty vocal on Twitter.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Mpache said:

Yeah, that is what he said.

It is true however, because he spoke to El Comercio and if he didn't say those things, he would put the press in their place as he has done many times before.

He doesn't like it when words are put in his mouth. He is pretty vocal on Twitter.

I know he said it, I read it. I also have no doubts that if asked, he would recommend his compatriot who is currently doing well, the question is though, will Bayern actually ask him to recommend aynone xD 

• Haha 1

Just now, nudge said:

I know he said it, I read it. I also have no doubts that if asked, he would recommend his compatriot who is currently doing well, the question is though, will Bayern actually ask him to recommend aynone xD 

I don't know how Bayern is run, but I know that many ex footballers are gaining unnecessary power either in the managerial game or as directors, like Pirlo, Lampard and Riquelme.

So you can never rule it out.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Mpache said:

I don't know how Bayern is run, but I know that many ex footballers are gaining unnecessary power either in the managerial game or as directors, like Pirlo, Lampard and Riquelme.

So you can never rule it out.

Chill, I'm just messing. It is not unusual for the club management/scouting to ask opinions of their players/ex-players about potential signings, so of course you can't rule it out. For me it just sounded more as acknowledgement that Tapia is doing well, and should be ready to seize the opportunity if/when it opens up. 

Now, recommending Tapia to Bayern is not that hard. Could he recommend Werder to Tapia though AND persuade him to join on much lower wages? Now that would be an achievement! :ph34r:

• Haha 1