talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern München Thread

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

So "Ultimate predator club" is an odd choice of words then. I mean your right in regards to noone being able to compete financially. The way things stand i dont see this changing anytime soon either, it is a bit of a worry. I dont know what can be done either, the gap in my eyes is only growing wider. As the goal is now to compete for CL glory year in year out with the likes of Real and Barca. 

You're the one that thinks it is an insult. Not me.

• Subscriber

Hongistein says its done, its been talked about for a bit and the dots do connect. Surely means the end for Sanches i would think and with everything being thrownabout in the last few days about him Id say hes come to this conclusion as well.

Read that as well and don't have much problem with it really. Sanches doesn't want to stay and frankly I won't mourn his departure. His attitude has been pretty shit for a player in his position and it doesn't help that his performance wasn't anything to write home about during his time at Bayern either. I've always liked Goretzka on the other hand and certainly wouldn't complain if he came here.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, TrstnFCB said:

Read that as well and don't have much problem with it really. Sanches doesn't want to stay and frankly I won't mourn his departure. His attitude has been pretty shit for a player in his position and it doesn't help that his performance wasn't anything to write home about during his time at Bayern either. I've always liked Goretzka on the other hand and certainly wouldn't complain if he came here.

Welcome to the new forum mate! I was wondering what happend to you in the shuffle B|

Pretty much my sentiments exactly. At this point it seems a bit of a stretch that Sanches will work out here, he wants to play but he hasnt earned that and is way too far down the pecking order at this point. When hes played hes been inconsistent at best, cheaply giving the ball away far to often for me but part of that is he hasnt been given a good run of games, the problem is there is too much competition for him to be given that big a leash to play into form. For both parties i think it makes sense to move on. Right now (i may eat my words in the future) I would rather have Goretzka in a heartbeat. 

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Welcome to the new forum mate! I was wondering what happend to you in the shuffle B|

Pretty much my sentiments exactly. At this point it seems a bit of a stretch that Sanches will work out here, he wants to play but he hasnt earned that and is way too far down the pecking order at this point. When hes played hes been inconsistent at best, cheaply giving the ball away far to often for me but part of that is he hasnt been given a good run of games, the problem is there is too much competition for him to be given that big a leash to play into form. For both parties i think it makes sense to move on. Right now (i may eat my words in the future) I would rather have Goretzka in a heartbeat. 

Cheers man, good to be back. How've you been? Yeah I've kinda been super busy with work over the past several months and didn't even notice the forum switched over until now.

Yeah, especially since Goretzka would (is?) come in January I think it would work out well timing wise for the second half of the season. To me there's little question that he'd be able to perform here, and a cooler head than Sanches too.

Btw, how exciting has Früchtl's development been! As much as having Neuer and Ulreich injured fucking sucks, I'm really happy for him and excited that we might be developing a future star keeper from our own academy. I remember the murmurs about him back when he was 14-ish and sort of keeping an ear out for him, so great to see him continue to develop well. Whether he'll actually turn out, who knows, but he's looking promising for sure.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, TrstnFCB said:

Cheers man, good to be back. How've you been? Yeah I've kinda been super busy with work over the past several months and didn't even notice the forum switched over until now.

Yeah, especially since Goretzka would (is?) come in January I think it would work out well timing wise for the second half of the season. To me there's little question that he'd be able to perform here, and a cooler head than Sanches too.

Btw, how exciting has Früchtl's development been! As much as having Neuer and Ulreich injured fucking sucks, I'm really happy for him and excited that we might be developing a future star keeper from our own academy. I remember the murmurs about him back when he was 14-ish and sort of keeping an ear out for him, so great to see him continue to develop well. Whether he'll actually turn out, who knows, but he's looking promising for sure.

Thats good to hear hope all is well. Status quo for me, excited to go on my first vacation in a few years in the fall, thats about it! 

No he will come next summer is what the agreement is all about, it just cant be made official until Jan as its concidered tampering/tapping whatever you want to call it unless they have 6 months left on their contract (currently he has 1 year) So he will be an addition for next summer, which i think works out perfectly give him another year as a guranteed starter and keep progressing. Especially with a worldcup year coming up it gives him some extra seasoning and motivation. 

Früchtl has been very interesting. Theres been alot made of him for along time but i think your right the future looks very bright for the kid and hopefully he keeps progressing. It feels like its been a while since we've had an academy product break through. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Thats good to hear hope all is well. Status quo for me, excited to go on my first vacation in a few years in the fall, thats about it! 

No he will come next summer is what the agreement is all about, it just cant be made official until Jan as its concidered tampering/tapping whatever you want to call it unless they have 6 months left on their contract (currently he has 1 year) So he will be an addition for next summer, which i think works out perfectly give him another year as a guranteed starter and keep progressing. Especially with a worldcup year coming up it gives him some extra seasoning and motivation. 

Früchtl has been very interesting. Theres been alot made of him for along time but i think your right the future looks very bright for the kid and hopefully he keeps progressing. It feels like its been a while since we've had an academy product break through. 

Cool, going anywhere exciting? Haven't been able to do much traveling at all in a while either beyond camping trips and that sort of thing.

Ah ok, for some reason I'd thought I'd read otherwise. But even so it still works out very well for us.

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, TrstnFCB said:

Cool, going anywhere exciting? Haven't been able to do much traveling at all in a while either beyond camping trips and that sort of thing.

Ah ok, for some reason I'd thought I'd read otherwise. But even so it still works out very well for us.

Well because its been awhile im looking at just an all-inclusive in Mexico/Cuba/Dominican likely Mexico Mayan Riviera area. Somewhere to get fatter and drink alot and relax with the girlfriend. I hear ya, ive only done a few weekend trips and long weekends over the last couple years so im excited. Works been busy and i get paid out vacation, with throwing in a mortgage over the last 3 years i didnt really set anything aside to afford myself time off or a trip.

The main reason was Schalke's reluctance to sell him kind of like the Lewy situation.

• Subscriber

Hasan Salihamidzic is the new sporting director at FC Bayern. The long-standing pro at the German record champions is currently introducing himself at a press conference. Salihamidzic is accompanied by chairman of the board Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and club president Uli Hoeneß.

FC Bayern know the Bosnian very well: Between 1998 and 2007, Salihamidzic played 234 Bundesliga games and 88 international matches for FCB. The former Bosnia international was also a member of the team that won the Champions League in 2001.

Salihamidzic was appointed as an FC Bayern ambassador in February of this year. In that role he accompanied the record champions to the Audi Summer Tour 2017 in Asia. The 40-year-old now returns to Säbener Straße as sporting director with a contract to 30 June 2020.

36166.jpg

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Hope preseason is not a indication of the year ahead for Bayern. They have been beaten soundly in more than one occasion 

I wouldnt read too much into it to be honest. Cause for concern if its a slow start to the season, i think it'll work out fine. The Supercup i was just reading we're missing 7 players.

Ive just read both Kicker and Bild are reporting Michael Reschke is joining Stuttgart to become their latest manager. Things mostly certainly werent harmonious behind the scenes then. There where alot of rumblings when Hoeness came back things where clashing but this probably proves it to be the case. More details to follow.

Edited by Viva la FCB

Just now, Cannabis said:

Blame @Tsubasa

I lost track of time so I'm only just tuning in now, how's things looking between the two?

Pretty even so far. Dortmund came out pretty strong early in the first with Pulisic robbing Martinez to score out of the blue. Partially Martinez up to his old tricks again as cb, but great work by Pulisic nevertheless. Our goal was pretty sweet too with Kimmich gunning after his own header to cross it into Lewy.

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Sounds exciting mate, I've been impressed with this opening ten minutes of the second half. 

It's so good to see Ribery back too, he must feel like a new signing for you lot.

Yeah there was a time I thought he was misguidedly postponing retirement, it was always one thing after the other. But it's been great to see him back in form again!

And yeah, happy to see Süle come on as well. I was really happy when we signed him, great defender that I've always liked. Kind of been confused to see some fans acting like he isn't "good enough" for us.

Tolisso livening up a bit.

Seems they've bundled it in.

The trouble with Ancelotti's Bayern is that they seem so sluggish and aimless, that it's absolutely impossible to justify unless they get the result. When they're behind, it's very rare that you can say they deserve better. 

A lucky win for us, especially with the own goal. Will gladly take the win, but hope it doesn't give Carlo nor the players a false perception.

MotM between Kimmich and Ribéry for me. Both of them gave everything today. Our midfield was dozy as hell though. Rudy and Tolisso stepped it up a little bit in the second half, but Vidal was just shit. We're clearly not quite ready to go yet and feel like our midfield is a problem area right now. We definitely need Thiago back. Vidal should have been subbed off early, but then again you have guys like Sanches come on and its not exactly much better.

38 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Quality goal that was, Lewandowski should have done better with his chance though, I get what he was trying to do but you've got to shoot there. He's been made to pay by his opposite number and now Dortmund's tails are up. 

Agreed, he had more than enough time and really should have taken it. Even if he didn't take the shot himself, there was more than enough time for a better set up. Very lazy and any other day could easily have cost us the match.