talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Is Harry Kane Worth £200m?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Firstly Kane is priceless. No money would it be worth selling him for.

Secondly, I love how myths just get said so much that people start preaching them as gospel.

His domestic record the last three years is extraordinary. 29 in 30 league games last year...that's world class. 

Kane scored 2 in 3 last season in the Champions League, he was injured for 3 games. He has an exceptional record in the Europa League.

His England record is better than Shearer's at that stage and I'm in no doubt he will outscore him comfortably for England.

He's bloody incredible and I couldn't love him any more than I do.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Storts said:

Firstly Kane is priceless. No money would it be worth selling him for.

Secondly, I love how myths just get said so much that people start preaching them as gospel.

His domestic record the last three years is extraordinary. 29 in 30 league games last year...that's world class. 

Kane scored 2 in 3 last season in the Champions League, he was injured for 3 games. He has an exceptional record in the Europa League.

His England record is better than Shearer's at that stage and I'm in no doubt he will outscore him comfortably for England.

He's bloody incredible and I couldn't love him any more than I do.

I think once he's emulated Shearer's feats at major tournaments, it will be a moot debate. 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I can't believe Kane is being compared to Alan Shearer at this stage of his career.

I said Kane is very good already. If he's worth £200m to Spurs, what's Lewandowski worth to Bayern? £700m?

Why not? It's a pretty fair comparison after three season smashing goals in for fun - as I said a better record than Shearer at international level at this stage too.

Why? Awful comparison again. Bayern could replace Lewandowski - we couldn't replace Kane. He's one of a kind for a club like us at this stage. Loves the club, come through the academy and one of the best strikers around right now. That's why he's worth so much to us. We could never afford or attract a striker in his prime like Kane.

Also insinuating Lewandowski is 3 and a half times as good as Kane - it's just not true. 

I think it's unfair to label Kane a disappointment for England but to suggest he's better than Shearer is a bit much.

No reason Kane can't go on and best Shearer though, he's still very young. Shearer was an absolutely unbelievable striker though, as good a player as he is as bad a pundit.

28 minutes ago, Storts said:

He has an exceptional record in the Europa League.

Only something like 2 in his last 10 isn't it? 

Those 4 goals against Asteras back in 14/15 padding up that record. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I think it's unfair to label Kane a disappointment for England but to suggest he's better than Shearer is a bit much.

No reason Kane can't go on and best Shearer though, he's still very young. Shearer was an absolutely unbelievable striker though, as good a player as he is as bad a pundit.

I don't think anyone is saying he's better than Shearer are they? He's not. Shearer is one of the best players in Premier League history. Ridiculous record and longevity. There are similarities there though and Kane's early record is promising to make the comparisons 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Only something like 2 in his last 10 isn't it? 

Those 4 goals against Asteras back in 14/15 padding up that record. 

Could be right - just remember him banging them in early on 

4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It's not a 'ridiculous asking price' at all, it's a hands off sign. How many players have scored so many in the premier league by his age and his record is fairly decent against the better sides too, unlike Lukaku.

I was a doubter but he can't be denied, one of the top strikers around at the moment.

Of course its a ridiculous price but did already agree that it was more of a deterrent price than a realistic selling price.

As Storts has pointed out as far as they are concerned he is priceless and would prefer to keep him under any circumstances and obviously Levy feels the same way hence the price tag. This is football however and there is always a small chance that a club could come in with some clout and maybe have him thinking that a move may be realistic if it suited all parties involved. I am sure I don't need to remind anyone what happened with Gareth Bale?

If anything were to happen with Kane then I am sure Levy would squeeze every last drop out of it. 

As it goes I don't see this as anything other than the usual summer paper bullshit that we always get around this time. The way Spurs have been performing under Pochiettino and with Kane still being young he has plenty of time on his side before thinking of any moves away and doubt very much that he could be persuaded to at this point in his career. 

In today's market given his age and potential I could see him going for anything around 90-110MILL He is already a proven goalscorer at the top level of the Premiership so his credentials are not really in question and he can only get better. 

I can't think of any great English striker that actually lasted very long at the top of their game in my lifetime.

Most, including Shearer, were knocked off pace by bad injuries.

The only one who wasn't was Wayne Rooney, not sure what his excuse is :ph34r:

Another factor is changing managers. The longer Pochettino keeps Spurs at the top the better it will be for Kane's career. 

14 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

So we've established that Balons theory that players are always measured on European success is a myth then?

No, Djimi Traore remains one of the best left backs to have ever graced the beautiful game.

Kane continues to surprise me when in a Spurs shirt. His performances for England in the last Euro's was pretty pathetic (not alone), although being asked to take corners didnt help his time in front of goal. I find it difficult to put Kane in the same worth bubble as Shearer. After injury killed Shearer's mobility as far as pace, he re-invented himself to continue as the best striker around at the time in England. Wonderful player Shearer. I dont think Kane should be put up against Shearer until he finishes his time playing. There could be much more to come from him and I hope he continues to flourish at Tottenham. He, like most of his family are Spurs fans from what we are told in the media and I would have thought that alone would make it difficult to get him out of White Hart Lane. Obviously, if Spurs continue to miss out on Silverware, that might turn his head to the grass might be greener, as far as trophy's, elsewhere.

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

Kane continues to surprise me when in a Spurs shirt. His performances for England in the last Euro's was pretty pathetic (not alone), although being asked to take corners didnt help his time in front of goal. I find it difficult to put Kane in the same worth bubble as Shearer. After injury killed Shearer's mobility as far as pace, he re-invented himself to continue as the best striker around at the time in England. Wonderful player Shearer. I dont think Kane should be put up against Shearer until he finishes his time playing. There could be much more to come from him and I hope he continues to flourish at Tottenham. He, like most of his family are Spurs fans from what we are told in the media and I would have thought that alone would make it difficult to get him out of White Hart Lane. Obviously, if Spurs continue to miss out on Silverware, that might turn his head to the grass might be greener, as far as trophy's, elsewhere.

But would he improve Liverpool though?

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

So we've established that Balons theory that players are always measured on European success is a myth then?

They are measured that way abroad mate!  Football in Europe is measured by what you do against the best and in today's football market your value is also measured by your image status.

Let's not forget that a pretender once went to Real Madrid with the Ballon d'Or under his arm to become an expensive bench warmer and at most with the category of an overvalued (in every sense) "Galactico".  The happening within out insular mindsets are almost always party to being traitorous.

I completely get that to Spurs he is of an extreme value that he is almost irreplaceable considering their status as a club (this is no cheap jab at Spurs from my part being an Arsenal fan I swear to you), and that the price tag sensationally placed on his shoulders by his club's chairman may be in part to ward any thinkers off.  But here we're debating his worth due to those words and I'm judging his worth in the real world of football.  He isn't worth that and comparing him to Alan Shearer is ridiculous as there is no comparison to that player in present at all.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

They are measured that way abroad mate!  Football in Europe is measured by what you do against the best and in today's football market your value is also measured by your image status.

Let's not forget that a pretender once went to Real Madrid with the Ballon d'Or under his arm to become an expensive bench warmer and at most with the category of an overvalued (in every sense) "Galactico".  The happening within out insular mindsets are almost always party to being traitorous.

I completely get that to Spurs he is of an extreme value that he is almost irreplaceable considering their status as a club (this is no cheap jab at Spurs from my part being an Arsenal fan I swear to you), and that the price tag sensationally placed on his shoulders by his club's chairman may be in part to ward any thinkers off.  But here we're debating his worth due to those words and I'm judging his worth in the real world of football.  He isn't worth that and comparing him to Alan Shearer is ridiculous as there is no comparison to that player in present at all.

Trying to tell the English that there's life outside the premier league is like trying to show a rock a card trick.

6 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

I would agree with this statement however I'm comfortable enough to say for Club I'd rather have Kane at this age than Rooney at that age.

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

English clubs are turnover rich and have a higher breaking point as a result.

You could offer a mid table Spanish club a years supply of Oreo's for their best player and they'd take it :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake::eek:

Talk about a "hit and run"...  Where have you run off too?  COME BACK!

Let's have it out you and me "mano a mano", "man to man" on the subject of Oreos!!! >:(

Never understood the fascination with Oreos...  Plain Chocolate McVities Digestives are the best!  They even have Oreo flavoured ice cream...  What the hell is that!!!! :o

38 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Talk about a "hit and run"...  Where have you run off too?  COME BACK!

Let's have it out you and me "mano a mano", "man to man" on the subject of Oreos!!! >:(

Never understood the fascination with Oreos...  Plain Chocolate McVities Digestives are the best!  They even have Oreo flavoured ice cream...  What the hell is that!!!! :o

The oreo smile is the worst thing. When someone eats a few Oreo's then smiles their teeth are brown and every gap filled with chocolate xD

Archived