The better place to talk football.

Christian Eriksen Signs for Man Utd

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 hours ago, Danny said:

Don’t tease me

I think it’s the best thing for him. He doesn’t get in our team, doesn’t really fit the system, and will have to work harder. 

54 minutes ago, Storts said:

I think it’s the best thing for him. He doesn’t get in our team, doesn’t really fit the system, and will have to work harder. 

How come's he doesn't fit your system?

I do agree though, I think we've got such a good environment where he will be the absolute centre of everything. Our defence, midfield and attack will be altered for him.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Danny said:

How come's he doesn't fit your system?

I do agree though, I think we've got such a good environment where he will be the absolute centre of everything. Our defence, midfield and attack will be altered for him.

We play 5-3-2 - he can’t play in the 2 in a Conte system imo. And not good enough now to play out wide compared to what we have. He’d be a great squad player but he’s an impact sub for us and the main man in your team 

1 hour ago, Storts said:

We play 5-3-2 - he can’t play in the 2 in a Conte system imo. And not good enough now to play out wide compared to what we have. He’d be a great squad player but he’s an impact sub for us and the main man in your team 

That’s fair. He’s worked really well for us playing in a deeper role on the left side of midfield getting behind Rico Henry. Defensive and off the ball/positional play has been really good too, definitely not a deadweight when it comes to workrate/defensive formation for us.

Im not sure what his running stats have been like for us but there’s a podcast called Bees Tactical who made a similar point about a two man midfield not being a great formation for him.

He’s also helped raise the game of Mathias Jensen who has been hot and cold ever since he joined us. Extremely technically talented and gets a lot of minutes for Denmark as a rotational player. He played an almost unplayable ball to Toney against Everton that caused their man to get sent off but consistency has been an issue for him alongside physicality. But playing with Eriksen meant that he had more space to play in moving forward and he had a strong finish to the season.

Really important we try and get Eriksen signed as he is the difference between a midtable season and another relegation battle. I think we’re a bit slow with our transfers atm too and I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot hinges on him signing so we can add a higher caliber of player.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Danny said:

That’s fair. He’s worked really well for us playing in a deeper role on the left side of midfield getting behind Rico Henry. Defensive and off the ball/positional play has been really good too, definitely not a deadweight when it comes to workrate/defensive formation for us.

Im not sure what his running stats have been like for us but there’s a podcast called Bees Tactical who made a similar point about a two man midfield not being a great formation for him.

He’s also helped raise the game of Mathias Jensen who has been hot and cold ever since he joined us. Extremely technically talented and gets a lot of minutes for Denmark as a rotational player. He played an almost unplayable ball to Toney against Everton that caused their man to get sent off but consistency has been an issue for him alongside physicality. But playing with Eriksen meant that he had more space to play in moving forward and he had a strong finish to the season.

Really important we try and get Eriksen signed as he is the difference between a midtable season and another relegation battle. I think we’re a bit slow with our transfers atm too and I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot hinges on him signing so we can add a higher caliber of player.

It sounds like from our end that you may get your wish. Think he’s coming back to you 

United apparently in the lead to sign him. He is exactly the midfielder they don’t have and is 10x better than anything they have in centre mid so it would be a good move.

He would make good tactical sense for them as he could play a similar role with Ronaldo that he did with Toney.

I imagine the bulk of our transfer dealings will be based on this transfer. Keeping Eriksen not only decides the way in which we will play but it opens us up to a caliber of player we may not otherwise be able to persuade to join us.

Tactically Eriksen became a stalwart in the left sides central mid position, dictating the play from deep and bagging some goals and assists. We didn’t really play with anyone in that position prior to that as our midfield mostly consisted of Norgaard, Janelt and Baptiste/Onyeka/Jensen.

Once Eriksen came in he gave Jensen more freedom to play as we were a lot better at retaining possession, Jensen isn’t that physically commanding and so more ball time meant more freedom for him to play to his technical strengths.

If we lose Eriksen then I imagine his game time becomes dramatically reduced, if we keep Eriksen then he may well sign a new contract to help keep up the Danish community in the dressing room.

12 minutes ago, Danny said:

I imagine the bulk of our transfer dealings will be based on this transfer. Keeping Eriksen not only decides the way in which we will play but it opens us up to a caliber of player we may not otherwise be able to persuade to join us.

Tactically Eriksen became a stalwart in the left sides central mid position, dictating the play from deep and bagging some goals and assists. We didn’t really play with anyone in that position prior to that as our midfield mostly consisted of Norgaard, Janelt and Baptiste/Onyeka/Jensen.

Once Eriksen came in he gave Jensen more freedom to play as we were a lot better at retaining possession, Jensen isn’t that physically commanding and so more ball time meant more freedom for him to play to his technical strengths.

If we lose Eriksen then I imagine his game time becomes dramatically reduced, if we keep Eriksen then he may well sign a new contract to help keep up the Danish community in the dressing room.

the Danish population in the dressing room is a factor but he is 30 and his clock is ticking.  Brentford are highly unlikely to reach his ambitions so spurs probably is his best bet now.   

25 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

the Danish population in the dressing room is a factor but he is 30 and his clock is ticking.  Brentford are highly unlikely to reach his ambitions so spurs probably is his best bet now.   

His ambitions will be to play regular football in a competitive environment somewhere that makes him and his family happy. There is no reason why that can't be us, hence why we are still in the negotiations.

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

His ambitions will be to play regular football in a competitive environment somewhere that makes him and his family happy. There is no reason why that can't be us, hence why we are still in the negotiations.

it can't hurt to have options

Love the was the media is painting this about how low United have fallen that Eriksen is mulling it over. It’s well documented what has happened, he’s settled down south, it’s not about the money anymore and he’s surrounded by fellow Danish players. Context isn’t clickbait though I suppose.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Love the was the media is painting this about how low United have fallen that Eriksen is mulling it over. It’s well documented what has happened, he’s settled down south, it’s not about the money anymore and he’s surrounded by fellow Danish players. Context isn’t clickbait though I suppose.

Media or Twitter? But yeah it's a mental thing to start slagging clubs off for

On 13/06/2022 at 01:09, Storts said:

I don’t even see why we are being linked. Doesn’t particularly fit in our system and wouldn’t be a starter. Think he’s better off elsewhere 

18 minutes ago, Storts said:

I don’t think we are actually that interested. We don’t follow up on our initial conversation with his agents weeks ago. Think it’s United vs Brentford 

NPC 

• 2 weeks later...

The Athletic reporting that he’s signing for United.

Devastated. I’m devastated that Brentford FC couldn’t re-sign Christian Eriksen. What an utterly ridiculous set of words, but that’s 2022 for you.

United are getting a midfield who will dictate the tempo of a game for them, contribute with assists and goals and someone who will ultimately open up space on the pitch for others.

You can't blame him.

3 year deal on what I imagine will be a great wage, it's a no brainer for him and the financial security of his family.

I would say he's got more chance of winning something there but that is up for debate xD

Blow for Brentford that mind. Before he got intergrated into the team, they were struggling to create. They need to replace his vision, delivery and creativity.

19 minutes ago, Lucas said:

You can't blame him.

3 year deal on what I imagine will be a great wage, it's a no brainer for him and the financial security of his family.

I would say he's got more chance of winning something there but that is up for debate xD

Blow for Brentford that mind. Before he got intergrated into the team, they were struggling to create. They need to replace his vision, delivery and creativity.

They can come get Shelvey now.   

• The title was changed to Christian Eriksen Agrees Terms With Former Premier League Giant Who Will Always Be Bigger Than Crystal Palace, Even If They Were Relegated To The Evostick Conference North Division
  • The title was changed to Christian Eriksen Signs for Man Utd

Archived