talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 4-3 Real Madrid - Tuesday 26th April, 2022 (Semi-Final 1st Leg)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

They have some weird luck in this competition this year and its showing at every stage of this knockout phase. Its not just you'll getting players back but they had unfit/injured players in this round too. I really hope you'll put them away because I don't want us playing them with this weird phase of luck they are in.

Hopefully they have used it all up now after escaping an 8 goal hiding last night :4_joy:  ..just don't see how this team beat's us on any pitch

5 hours ago, Claret and Blue said:

5mNTMgu.jpg

One of the main things wrong with today's game. Benzema scores against City and their "fans" rather than telling him to fk off etc whip their mobiles out taking photos like he's their number 1 hero. These aren't proper fans they are glory hunting set of wankers. 

City got some decent fans. These right here aren't them 

I bet there's plenty of neutrals who end up at Man City Champions League games as big as last night because of how easy tickets are to come by. There was loads of Liverpool in the home end when we played them there in the Champions League

8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I bet there's plenty of neutrals who end up at Man City Champions League games as big as last night because of how easy tickets are to come by. There was loads of Liverpool in the home end when we played them there in the Champions League

With the hotel at the stadium they do mini break and holiday packages with a game ticket

That game reminded me of the Monaco game a few years back when it was 5-3 in the 1st leg and City were up against Mbappe, Falcao, Mendy, Fabinho, Bernado Silva etc.

It's a tricky position they are in having not killed off Madrid but the away goals being exterminated plays in their hands here where as it's contributed to their downfall in this comp against Monaco, Spurs etc before. 

I know Madrid might have Casemiro back to tighten things up but if Chelsea can go there and score three, City are more than capable. This Madrid defence will not magically become rigid at a click of a finger and they won't be able to target the right back flank with Cancelo back.

I saw someone say once that Real Madrid aren't just a team you need to kill when you have the chance. They're a team you need to chop the head off of, drive a stake through their heart, and bury them 10 feet under ground.

I have a feeling that somehow, despite the obvious gulf in overall play, they can find a way to win this at the Bernabeu.

51 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I saw someone say once that Real Madrid aren't just a team you need to kill when you have the chance. They're a team you need to chop the head off of, drive a stake through their heart, and bury them 10 feet under ground.

I have a feeling that somehow, despite the obvious gulf in overall play, they can find a way to win this at the Bernabeu.

Maybe Real with Ronaldo. Sure. 

However, Benzema's form is arguably just as good as Ronaldo's ever was in the CL knockout stages. 

1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

It makes you wonder how Benzema's individual career could have been like if he didn't spend 9 years sacrificing himself for C.Ronaldo.

He probably wouldn't of had time to make them Transformer movies :35_thinking:

Labeouf.jpg

• The title was changed to Man City 4-3 Real Madrid - Tuesday 26th April, 2022 (Semi-Final 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived