talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-0 Villarreal - Wednesday 27th April, 2022 (Semi-Final 1st Leg)

• Subscriber

Should have gotten another goal here but a win is a win. The game in Spain is now going to be very interesting because Villareal have to come out and get the goal which I think will work in our favor.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish the third would have went in. Could have rested one or two in the second leg. Still, that’s one of the most comfortable games of the season. Villarreal were decent defensively but they offered nothing going forward. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Their energy levels are insane. Week after week. 

You wonder how they keep it up :ph34r:.

I heard them called Inhaler FC the other day xD

A very professional performance by Liverpool. They as expected had most of the possession playing at home and they kept patient with their attacks. Eventually the breakthrough came through Estupinan's own goal as Villareal caved under the pressure. Mane scoring the 2nd goal was very important. A 3rd goal would have been great, but Liverpool will settle for 2-0 and try to defend their aggregate lead in the return leg.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Fucking hell I've logged onto Grand Old Team by mistakexD

Just messing about but have noticed you and a couple of others constantly hang on and negative comment but any praise or good stuff mentioned by non-Liverpool fan just gets glossed over as if it was never said :what:

34 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just messing about but have noticed you and a couple of others constantly hang on and negative comment but any praise or good stuff mentioned by non-Liverpool fan just gets glossed over as if it was never said :what:

My comment was in a jokey way, seem to have seen more and more of this asthma stuff from certain people* the better Liverpool have got though.

I love it when people praise this team because it's what they deserve so I'll lap up any praise they get.

*blueshite

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Just flicking through the latest unread content and oh look its LFCMike talking about Everton fans imagine my shock. :coffee:

I mean, there were people posting Evertonian conspiracy theories so...

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Stan and Cicero posting about inhalers/special sauce.

Conclusion: Evertonian conspiracy theories.

Checks out. ✔️ 

We both know this has been an Evertonian thing since Liverpool got good again and has been more prominent since Liverpool were still going for all four. 

Good night

I'll be the one to bring this back to Everton!

"If it's Mo Salah at their end, he gets a penalty" - Wank Lampard

9jrrlo8w45w81.jpg

He may have been a world class player, but he's a glorified kit man of a manager. Should stick to eating contests.

• Subscriber

If it makes you boys feel big or superior or whatever to spend your Champions League semi final thread banging on about Everton fans and Frank Lampard when there's about five of you and one Blue who might respond then far be it from me to ruin your fun. xD

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

If it makes you boys feel big or superior or whatever to spend your Champions League semi final thread banging on about Everton fans and Wank Lampard when there's about five of you and one Blue who might respond then far be it from me to ruin your fun. xD

You could outnumber is 200 to 1 and I'd still think it'd be funny to laugh at Everton.

It's made funnier by the tory twat's comment aging like milk though.

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You could outnumber is 200 to 1 and I'd still think it'd be funny to laugh at Everton.

It's made funnier by the tory twat's comment aging like milk though.

You can laugh away, you're in a golden age for content.

But this is a two-way thing and if you two are going to start banging on about Everton within an hour of winning a Champions League semi final at the first tiny glimmer of an excuse then, by the same measure, you can expect to get called out on it, especially as I've spent half my life as a Blue being told that we're the ones who are bitter, obsessed with Liverpool, etc. etc. When I'm scrolling the unread content and I see "Grand Old Team" this and that in a Liverpool match day thread it's a bit of an open goal. xD

As for your Salah thing. You can have this in response that was doing the rounds earlier:

So maybe he would have got that penalty tonight if he didn't plant a seed in the referee's mind and get himself a reputation. (Your words, not mine!)

And I'll even throw in a free "well if you look at it from another angle, you can see it's actually Salah who's grabbing the Villarreal player by the throat" while I'm in the neighbourhood. 😘

Finally, for the Tory part. I raise you one of these:

Screenshot_20220428-004950_Chrome~2.jpg

But no seriously, I hope Frankie boy has amended his voting habits since he did that interview and certainly since he moved up to Merseyside.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

You can laugh away, you're in a golden age for content.

But this is a two-way thing and if you two are going to start banging on about Everton within an hour of winning a Champions League semi final at the first tiny glimmer of an excuse then, by the same measure, you can expect to get called out on it, especially as I've spent half my life as a Blue being told that we're the ones who are bitter, obsessed with Liverpool, etc. etc. When I'm scrolling the unread content and I see "Grand Old Team" this and that in a Liverpool match day thread it's a bit of an open goal. xD

As for your Salah thing. You can have this in response that was doing the rounds earlier:

So maybe he would have got that penalty tonight if he didn't plant a seed in the referee's mind and get himself a reputation. (Your words, not mine!)

And I'll even throw in a free "well if you look at it from another angle, you can see it's actually Salah who's grabbing the Villarreal player by the throat" while I'm in the neighbourhood. 😘

Finally, for the Tory part. I raise you one of these:

Screenshot_20220428-004950_Chrome~2.jpg

But no seriously, I hope Frankie boy has amended his voting habits since he did that interview and certainly since he moved up to Merseyside.

Mate, I never said you couldn't pop off back at us xD - I probably would have been more involved in some of the banter on Sunday if I wasn't on holiday! My apologies for that.

Re: Salah not getting a penalty - I do think it's a bit different going down softly in a 50-50, which I think happens every match (including on Sunday with the lack of a penalty call on that diving fella you've got who's name I can't remember atm)... compared to a player wanting a penalty because the way they've been stopped in the box is by being grabbed by the throat. I don't wanna make baseless accusations about a referee who I think generally had a decent game (not perfect, but honestly... what ref has a perfect match?) - but I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm sure a Polish team of officials would have given that if it was a white Christian player instead of a brown Muslim player.

But that's a baseless accusation, so I'm not going to stand by it. Especially because if I'm wrong I'm calling that guy (and the rest of the officiating crew) racist for no reason and that's not very cool. I've seen penalties given for clumsy fuckers tripping over TAA's head, so I honestly have no idea what goes through the mind of some refs/officials xD

As for Rob Houlding xD I'm not surprised, are you? Rich dickheads usually have abhorrant political views and this is a rich dickhead that was born in 1833, so I'm sure we'd think of him as a fucking monster compared to the current rich dickheads out there today.

I'm fairly certain that every high level executive at FSG, Moshiri & Kenwright, and probably every club owner in the premiership fucking loves the Tories (well... maybe not Abramovich anymore...) and they're all probably terrible people.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Mate, I never said you couldn't pop off back at us xD - I probably would have been more involved in some of the banter on Sunday if I wasn't on holiday! My apologies for that.

Re: Salah not getting a penalty - I do think it's a bit different going down softly in a 50-50, which I think happens every match (including on Sunday with the lack of a penalty call on that diving fella you've got who's name I can't remember atm)... compared to a player wanting a penalty because the way they've been stopped in the box is by being grabbed by the throat. I don't wanna make baseless accusations about a referee who I think generally had a decent game (not perfect, but honestly... what ref has a perfect match?) - but I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm sure a Polish team of officials would have given that if it was a white Christian player instead of a brown Muslim player.

But that's a baseless accusation, so I'm not going to stand by it. Especially because if I'm wrong I'm calling that guy (and the rest of the officiating crew) racist for no reason and that's not very cool. I've seen penalties given for clumsy fuckers tripping over TAA's head, so I honestly have no idea what goes through the mind of some refs/officials xD

As for Rob Houlding xD I'm not surprised, are you? Rich dickheads usually have abhorrant political views and this is a rich dickhead that was born in 1833, so I'm sure we'd think of him as a fucking monster compared to the current rich dickheads out there today.

I'm fairly certain that every high level executive at FSG, Moshiri & Kenwright, and probably every club owner in the premiership fucking loves the Tories (well... maybe not Abramovich anymore...) and they're all probably terrible people.

Yeah I'm just having fun with the Tory stuff obviously. I just heard it in a podcast the other day.

As for the rest, I didn't watch the game tonight. The Champions League hasn't really interested me as a neutral for a long time beyond keeping my eye on the score and got no BT either, so I don't know about the referees or any particular calls.

I only came here to see what the Grand Old Team shouts were all about and I'm just carrying on because now I have that circus music from the Salah video stuck in my head and it's keeping me awake. 😂

I only just finished watching the match as I'm -5 hrs behind i needed some unwind time. After the first 45 I was puckering my ring a bit but after the second half when the first goal went though it was just JOYEEEEEE followed by a huge seance of relief. I thought Diaz was on fire. He was everywhere.

As a fan of an Old Firm club, I've got to say the effort to rope politics into club rivalry in this thread have been completely shocking. 

I mean, it's amateur hour in here. You're hardly trying. Only going back into the 19th century? Where's the religion?

You all need to try harder if you want to make it into the big time.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 2-0 Villarreal - Wednesday 27th April, 2022 (Semi-Final 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived