F1 2022 - Miami GP - 6-8th May

football forum

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The topic was pinned
  • Administrator
7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Has anyone seen that they're building a fake marina with fake boats on the inside of one the corners, and does anyone understand what on earth that's all about?

Showing they're American if anyone didn't realise.

The whole buzz around the Miami GP has been such cringe. It's a shit circuit in a location that doesn't need another race (USA). Would have a lot of respect if more people were calling it out.

• Subscriber

Given the size of the USA, I don't mind it having another race. Just because it's one country doesn't change the fact it's a huge amount of land and people. We wouldn't say the same about Europe not needing another race.

I don't know about the circuit as I've not really paid attention to the layout. I'll judge it after next weekend. The fake marina and water think is just incredible cringe bollocks though as was the idea of having a team principals parade.

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Given the size of the USA, I don't mind it having another race. Just because it's one country doesn't change the fact it's a huge amount of land and people. We wouldn't say the same about Europe not needing another race.

I don't know about the circuit as I've not really paid attention to the layout. I'll judge it after next weekend. The fake marina and water think is just incredible cringe bollocks though as was the idea of having a team principals parade.

Any pics?

405shyr63jx81.jpg

5a00yxr63jx81.jpg

I have to say the "Fake Marina" doesn't look that bad. It's obviously not meant to represent a real Marina. It's more like theme park decoration. 😅

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Tommy said:

405shyr63jx81.jpg

5a00yxr63jx81.jpg

I have to say the "Fake Marina" doesn't look that bad. It's obviously not meant to represent a real Marina. It's more like theme park decoration. 😅

Did you read Buxton's tweet about positivity before posting this? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Did you read Buxton's tweet about positivity before posting this? :ph34r:

Na, I just thought it's going to be a pretend harbour. It's just a bit of decoration. Tacky, yes, but doesn't warrant the initial outcry. 😅

• Subscriber
50 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Na, I just thought it's going to be a pretend harbour. It's just a bit of decoration. Tacky, yes, but doesn't warrant the initial outcry. 😅

I mean, they dragged and dry-docked the yachts there to rent them out for VIP guests, and then built a fake waterfront around it to replicate the Monaco experience xD Don't think there was an outcry as such, just people saying how tacky, kitschy, absurd and silly that is 😅 The only serious criticism I heard is about regular people being priced out of it while they build fake marinas for stupid celebrities and other rich fucks...

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Is this circuit narrow, wide or inbetween?

Mixture, mostly quite wide but with some narrow sections. Some parts are a bit more claustrophobic in reality than this simulation shows, I've read.

This video shows more "behind the scenes" stuff than all of Drive to Survive Season 4. 

Albon explaining Bear Grylls to Charles is something else. xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived