talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 - Miami GP - 6-8th May

football forum

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

His grid walk earlier. Not knowing anyone. Going up to people 'who are you?' 

Ah, I missed most of it but did see him interview a basketball player (I assume as he was fucking massive) and at the end said "Oh, you're not X are you? Sorry?" 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

This has gotten dull. Saying it every race now but when DRS becomes push to pass like it is here (again), it hinders racing more than it helps. Max having a relatively easy pass for the lead has killed off the intrigue at the front.

• Administrator

Poor for 40 laps. 

Lando incident made it interesting. 

Max did well to hold off Leclerc. Some entertaining midfield battles though. Russell did well finishing top 5 from qualifying 12th. 

Shame about Mick's incident with Vettel. He was having a decent race. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Mick. He drove such a good race. :( 

He was kinda hung out to dry at the end being left out on the hards but yeah, avoidable mistake and it shows a bit of desperation starting to creep in. A shame as he was on Magnussen's pace all weekend and had no need to draw that negative attention to himself. A shame for Seb as well who drove a good race to be sniffing around the points.

A bit of excitement at the end there. Time is almost up now for Sainz to really compete for the championship, he's been left very much in the number 2 driver zone along with Perez which is disappointing after his performances in recent years but at least he's back on the podium.

Good race from George with the benefit of some luck with the safety car. Lewis drove well too. I do think he's starting to get slightly annoyed at Russell beating him as that's now 4 races in a row, even though two of them have been purely down to unlucky safety cars.

Bottas really excelling in that Alfa Romeo but a shame he made that mistake to let both Mercedes through as that could have been a really spicy battle.

Albon in the points twice in the first five races in what's clearly the worst car, well done to him.

McLaren having a really poor weekend and the Haas, Aston Martin and Alpha Tauri drivers all getting involved in various incidents makes it a nice weekend for Alpine.

Now they're driving the drivers through half the city for podium celebrations? Fuck off. Can't wait for Barcelona. And I rarely say this about that track. 

• Subscriber

The race was boring for ages. But there is one thing I've learnt from last season and for races this season. No matter how shit races are. Some form of incident occurs which just kicks the race into life. What has helped is having 2 teams at the front fighting.

Also if Perez made the move and passed Sainz. I'd have got the podium correct. The El Chapo loving prick.

• Subscriber

And yeah, overall a poor race, no real standout corners on the track, no chance of much overtaking without DRS, that horrible little chicane section isn't really suitable for F1. Very much Sochi/Valencia vibes.

Just now, MUFC said:

Spain and Monaco back to back. Traditionally 2 shitters to watch.

At least two traditional circuits, which I am kind of thankful for after this weekend. xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived