Where is this?

football forum

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Spike said:

Frankfurt

Correct. 

Fun fact, Frankfurt also has the nickname "Mainhattan", due to it's Skyscrapers like Manhattan and the river Main that flows through Frankfurt. 

Just now, Tommy said:

Correct. 

Fun fact, Frankfurt also has the nickname "Mainhattan", due to it's Skyscrapers like Manhattan and the river Main that flows through Frankfurt. 

That is stupid. Frankfurt is probably 1,000 years older than Manhatten. Manhatten should have the nickname 'Hotdog' in honour of Frankfurt.

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

What's that mural about? 

Indigenous children playing footy (rugby league). It is a relatively new thing, some bloke has been doing up all the old towers and silos across the land with murals.

Cunnamulla Water Tower ArtGoulburnValleyWater on Twitter: "The mural on the iconic water tower,  featuring a portrait of renowned civil engineer and Tatura water tower  designer General Sir John Monash and a waterfall of poppies, wasWhere to Find Silo Art in Queensland | QueenslandWhere to Find Silo Art in Queensland | Queensland

Just now, Spike said:

Indigenous children playing footy (rugby league). It is a relatively new thing, some bloke has been doing up all the old towers and silos across the land with murals.

Hide contents

Cunnamulla Water Tower ArtGoulburnValleyWater on Twitter: "The mural on the iconic water tower,  featuring a portrait of renowned civil engineer and Tatura water tower  designer General Sir John Monash and a waterfall of poppies, wasWhere to Find Silo Art in Queensland | QueenslandWhere to Find Silo Art in Queensland | Queensland

Absolutely beautiful. I love shit like this. 

1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

Looks quite poverty stricken.

It is. You wouldn't care but every time I return I get to find out which of the people I grew up have killed themselves. Methamphetamine is a curse on the people there, there is nothing quite like knowing that Indigenous elders have to raise several generations of their kin because their parents are in jail or dead.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

No sir, but a decent guess. Chicago has no hills to take such a lovely picture, flattest place on earth xD

I had no idea xD only known it as a windy city!

Toronto?

7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Absolutely beautiful. I love shit like this. 

Yeah me too. It's brings a little life back into some of these towns which are struggling. It isn't much but a lot of these places never really get much reinvestment into older buildings or renovations.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

You were closer when you said Quebec :ph34r:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9f/Montreal_Montage_2020.jpg

xD ffs.

Montreal.

I recognise the stadium. My parents are going to Canada and I was looking at one of their brochures/holiday guides. 

Just now, Stan said:

xD ffs.

Montreal.

I recognise the stadium. My parents are going to Canada and I was looking at one of their brochures/holiday guides. 

Yessir, one of my favourite cities in the world. I visited Montreal for our 5th anniversary which also doubled as our honeymoon

Archived