talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Depp v Heard Defamation Trial

football forum

• Subscriber

Anyone following this at the moment? Seen a few clips and watched short bursts of the live trial. It's actually really interesting as someone with next to no knowledge of criminal or court law.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't the audio of Amber Heard being a psycho already out a while ago?

It's crazy that there were people 100% on her side before there was any concrete evidence and even crazier that people were still on her side after the audio came out. I mean, I'm sure there are still people on her side now.

There are too many people with an unhealthy "Men v. Women" mentality out there.

As for Amber Heard's lawyer, I don't know if it's just a difficult case to defend or if they're just bad at their job but it's funny.

2 hours ago, 6666 said:

It's crazy that there were people 100% on her side before there was any concrete evidence and even crazier that people were still on her side after the audio came out. I mean, I'm sure there are still people on her side now.

Wasn't Johnny Depp also dropped from all his endorsements bar Dior because of Amber Heard's claims?

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Amber brings a whole new meaning to the phrase ‘shit the bed’. Moment of the trial has to be her attorney calling hearsay on himself. It’s like a bad comedy.

I just love that you can plainly hear the judge in the background "but its your question" xD

I understand him wanting to clear his name because he is the one who got punished most while everyone seemed to take her side but seems to me as though the destruction was mutual and things just deteriorated as they do when a relationship becomes toxic.. 

Thought it was a bit one sided that he got canned for film roles and the like while people rallied around her because it's obvious she is not the innocent victim in all this as has been made out earlier.. 

5 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Amber brings a whole new meaning to the phrase ‘shit the bed’. Moment of the trial has to be her attorney calling hearsay on himself. It’s like a bad comedy.

It reminds me of that scene in My Cousin Vinny when the friend decides he needs a better lawyer... xD

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Wasn't Johnny Depp also dropped from all his endorsements bar Dior because of Amber Heard's claims?

I think Dior kept him, but Disney and WB dropped him.

The trial's been fairly funny though, which is a bit weird because they talk about domestic violence, but it's just been amusing learning about how Amber Heard shit the bed and seeing what (to me) looks like an incompetent lawyer questioning Johnny Depp & others (though I have no clue whether the guy's actually bad at his job or not xD).

Objecting to the answer his own witness was giving to his own question was pretty fucking funny.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Dior kept him, but Disney and WB dropped him.

The trial's been fairly funny though, which is a bit weird because they talk about domestic violence, but it's just been amusing learning about how Amber Heard shit the bed and seeing what (to me) looks like an incompetent lawyer questioning Johnny Depp & others (though I have no clue whether the guy's actually bad at his job or not xD).

Objecting to the answer his own witness was giving to his own question was pretty fucking funny.

Lawyers. There seems to be two people who are incredibly shit at their job and unfortunately for them the entire world is watching xD

This will genuinely be turned into a Hollywood blockbuster.

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Lawyers. There seems to be two people who are incredibly shit at their job and unfortunately for them the entire world is watching xD

This will genuinely be turned into a Hollywood blockbuster.

It does feel like Depp is acting... like he's auditioning for the role of Johnny Depp in the film.

In abusive relationships its hardly ever one spouse that is the initiator. Typically its both, but Amber is proclaiming to be the only victim and what's even more ridiculous is that all the evidence available proves her to be the only aggressor. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It does feel like Depp is acting... like he's auditioning for the role of Johnny Depp in the film.

It’s one of the reasons I’m not buying into him tbh, obviously there are facts in the case but you can tell he’s doing a lot to make the courtroom laugh and come across as likeable. Where as she’s looking like she’s trying to come off terrified/heartbroken.

She seems like she’s been much the bigger abuser but I don’t feel like it’s been a completely one sided affair.

9 minutes ago, Danny said:

It’s one of the reasons I’m not buying into him tbh, obviously there are facts in the case but you can tell he’s doing a lot to make the courtroom laugh and come across as likeable. Where as she’s looking like she’s trying to come off terrified/heartbroken.

She seems like she’s been much the bigger abuser but I don’t feel like it’s been a completely one sided affair.

It sounds like they both abused each other, physically and mentally - so they're both massive cunts.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It sounds like they both abused each other, physically and mentally - so they're both massive cunts.

Yeah the messages he'd leave her, and the ones about her with Paul Bettany don't exactly sound completely innocent.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

In abusive relationships its hardly ever one spouse that is the initiator. Typically its both, but Amber is proclaiming to be the only victim and what's even more ridiculous is that all the evidence available proves her to be the only aggressor. 

1 hour ago, Danny said:

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I read an interesting idea, I think it was from their shrink. They were abusive towards each other due to both being from backgrounds of childhood abuse, whereas Depp never had a history of abuse in the past, the relationship with Heard would escalate him to act out differently than he has in the past. When they would fight, he'd just try to leave the room, but she'd follow him causing him to react more aggressively. It's like their coping mechanisms that they developed from the childhood trauma just clashed too much.

Archived