talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Depp v Heard Defamation Trial

football forum

On 27/04/2022 at 11:05, Danny said:

Seen it but not following. Too many people on social media fanboying over Depp

I'm balls deep in it and personally fanboying over Camille Vasquez. That's someone I wouldn't mind being balls deep in as well.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s clear it was a toxic relationship and they both have to take responsibility for the disaster it was. But do I believe that Depp is a woman beater, not one bit. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

While I've only been seeing it for the past week or two, it'll be interesting to see how IGN react to this, seeing as they were basically backing Heard all the way.

Knowing them they'll just print something and move onto what they are good at, video games. 

55 minutes ago, 6666 said:

People should see it as Truth vs. Lies, rather than Men vs. Women.

It's been interesting to see, though.

As the details from the case kept coming out and it looked increasingly clear that Heard was a psychotic abuser (physical and mental abuse too) - there were definitely a lot of comments out there on social media that were attacking her more for being a woman than for being a liar and a psychotic piece of shit.

Kind of weird tbh.

Good for Johnny Depp though and it does beg the question of why so much evidence was not allowed in the UK courts, but was allowed in the US... because a lot of the evidence that we saw that wasn't allowed in the UK was... pretty good evidence that Johnny Depp was a victim of her abuse more than he was abusing her.

They both come out of this case looking like abusive dickheads, imo, but Depp comes off as a lot more sympathetic (although we have learned he has some seriously violent and fucked up thoughts when he's drunk and high on coke at the same time) from seemingly suffering as much (if not more) domestic abuse... and being slandered for years - and of course losing job as Jack Sparrow.

And I definitely think Heard's career as an actress has ended.

• Administrator

Heard's team really fucked her over. The amount of times they shot themselves in the foot or just made totally weak arguments made her case embarrassing almost. 

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

though and it does beg the question of why so much evidence was not allowed in the UK courts, but was allowed in the US...

Seems to be something in this... I have been reading that the Judge who sat on the Depp v Heard case over here has a Son Robert Palmer that works for Rupert Murdoch of the Sun newspaper via TalkRadio which is a sister company of his and the paper that ran the original article... Total conflict of interest if true... 

Interesting result on the case, didn't really know which way they would go with it as it has been messy...

I would say that if you are going to write an article where you all but shame your previous partner with claims of domestic abuse then it had better be on point... I was not all that keen on hearing how she felt she had been ridiculed and had her life ruined as a result of this trial when she clearly had no issues trying to lay the blame firmly at his door with the article itself??? Did she expect that to go unchallenged??

Vardy has pretty much done the same thing with her case with Rooney, Talking about how much it has affected her and her family while not giving a toss about how much selling stories to the papers may have affected them.. Both of them have been a bit suspect with the truth and have been caught out on a number of occasions which has not served them well... 

Funny looking back... 

Seems as though it was quite a few.... 

54 minutes ago, Danny said:

Absolute weirdos out there taking sides in this

eh from what I saw there was practically no evidence that he was violent, I guess I 'took' Depp's side after seeing that, but I suppose I would take a side with the stronger case regardless. If she said he was pushy or rough, I'd believe it, but don't say shit like 'he would punch me in the face so hard I would forget' and then show up at a red carpet event the next day looking beautiful. xD Getting hit in the face with a football is enough to knock out a tooth or break a nose, but her evidence and accusations makes a mockery out of women and men that get the absolute fuck beaten out of them by their family or spouse, some for their entire lives, and some till their life is ended by it.

Two alcoholics had a bad relationship, no surprises here. Don't tell me Heard isn't an alocholic, look at her face she has that so typical bloat from grog abuse.

Just now, Stan said:

Heard's team really fucked her over. The amount of times they shot themselves in the foot or just made totally weak arguments made her case embarrassing almost. 

Heard fucked herself over with compulsive lying :what: You'd need the ghost of Atticus Finch to recover from lying about donating to charity.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I definitely think she fucked herself over, especially when she took the stand. She couldn't keep her story straight throughout her entire testimony, even when it was just her lawyers questioning her. And Depp's lawyers eviscerated her when she was on the stand.

I'm also not so sure the weak arguments in the face of compelling contradictory evidence were really her team's fault. Strong evidence is going to make most arguments look week - she's really fortunate she was able to keep that evidence out of court in the UK tbh.

I wonder if Depp will now go after the New York Times for publishing her op-ed without digging into whether it was true or not, or if he'll go after the ACLU which admitted they had helped Heard write the piece.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I definitely think she fucked herself over, especially when she took the stand. She couldn't keep her story straight throughout her entire testimony, even when it was just her lawyers questioning her. And Depp's lawyers eviscerated her when she was on the stand.

I'm also not so sure the weak arguments in the face of compelling contradictory evidence were really her team's fault. Strong evidence is going to make most arguments look week - she's really fortunate she was able to keep that evidence out of court in the UK tbh.

I wonder if Depp will now go after the New York Times for publishing her op-ed without digging into whether it was true or not, or if he'll go after the ACLU which admitted they had helped Heard write the piece.

A charity organistion that was promised millions of dollars will probably follow through with some stupid shit to get said money.

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

A charity organistion that was promised millions of dollars will probably follow through with some stupid shit to get said money.

I think it was the ACLU that was promised that money? But they also played their part in defaming him (and also were used as witnesses by Depp against Heard) - I think they've asked Depp for some money as recently as today... but I'm not so sure he'll be keen on paying them considering they helped her draft the defamatory letter in public.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think it was the ACLU that was promised that money? But they also played their part in defaming him (and also were used as witnesses by Depp against Heard) - I think they've asked Depp for some money as recently as today... but I'm not so sure he'll be keen on paying them considering they helped her draft the defamatory letter in public.

Yeah I think so, but it's kind of a bad PR move to immediately sue a fucking charity after this whole thing lol. This whole thing is really stupid. Heard is an idiot and so are her lawyers. She is either actually dumb as fuck or had someone telling her this was a good idea. I think both.

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

All I could think about the whole trial is how Chris Brown got away with beating the absolute fuck out of Rihanna and is no less popular after the matter.

The fact Chris Brown is still incredibly popular blows my mind.

27 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah I think so, but it's kind of a bad PR move to immediately sue a fucking charity after this whole thing lol. This whole thing is really stupid. Heard is an idiot and so are her lawyers. She is either actually dumb as fuck or had someone telling her this was a good idea. I think both.

“I will fuck her burnt corpse afterwards to make sure she’s dead”

Theyre both fucked

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Good for Johnny Depp though and it does beg the question of why so much evidence was not allowed in the UK courts, but was allowed in the US... because a lot of the evidence that we saw that wasn't allowed in the UK was... pretty good evidence that Johnny Depp was a victim of her abuse more than he was abusing her.

That's genuinely what I'm interested in. Not sure how he could've lost the case in the UK unless they just didn't have evidence gathered at the time.

Archived