talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How Has Your Transfer Window Gone So Far?

football forum

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Delighted with the business we've done, trust that we will get the right deal for Lukaku and that we will reinvest it well. Not so keen on some of the names linked but as we haven't signed them yet it doesn't count towards the transfer window 'so far'.

Good so far. Two players in which were needed and plenty more to follow. 

Only bad point is the lack of update on the Barkley situation but I suppose if there's nothing new then there's no need. 

3 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

You can sign players, they just can't play for you until after 1st July. 

I was joshing mate. Was going to go with the ninja but thought that the blush more accurately reflected my thoughts on our current transfer dealings [or lack of].

• Subscriber

So far I'd say I'm happy, but we will need more. I think Maguire's a potentially excellent signing but that alone isn't doing the trick. Picked up a bit more faith after the promising start we've made but not getting carried away as January started well before descending into a total shambles.

It looks like we might not have the money we thought we had. We have been linked with cheapies, loans and players worth £10m tops.

Maybe have to offload the likes of Mitrovic, Saivet and Rivieire first as they will all be on £40k+

So far, not massively happy. We have brought in Solanke and Salah. Only Salah is really going to be a starter next season, we need to get our arses in gear and get some of the major weak points addressed. We are back in the CL, we should be throwing everything at making it a regular thing, that's the least we need to be doing. Obviously, we'll sign more players but you always want them early so the pre season isn't interrupted too much.

Happy we are starting to sell/release the players we don't need. No point in 35 players to be loaned out, every season sell the one's that don't have the potential.

Offloaded:

Begović, Solanke, Cuadrado, Atsu, Kiwomya and Traore. With Davey and Terry will be released as their contract run out.

In:

Billy Gilmour - 500k

Daishawn Redan - Free

Archived