talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Agent Mino Raiola Current Health Status - Actually dead

football forum

• Subscriber

First off, I do think it's fair to make the case for agents in football because otherwise you're asking young lads to go to the negotiating table without serious representation against clubs and owners who have the most ruthless lawyers and accountants in the world getting them the best deal.

However, the emergence of the super-agent really took things to a different level. I'm old enough to remember when tapping up was considered a cardinal sin in football. There was at least some sort of respect for contracts and selling clubs having to give permission for their players to negotiate with potential buyers. Now it's something that's just going on all the time and is barely kept secret.

Obviously this is on the players, it's also on the teams who show no loyalty to some of their players as well, which fertilises an atmosphere of all stakeholders ruthlessly acting in their own interests. For this reason, I think the modern day football agent is more of a symptom than a cause. It still leaves a bad taste in the mouth when you have agents looking to get their players moved around constantly so that they can get a cut off the fee, and not just to progress the player's best interests. Raiola has been pretty infamous for that side of things.

Still, a bloke has died. I'm not going to lose sleep over it, I didn't know him or like what he did within the sport we all follow. But he's still presumably leaving loved ones behind so I'd never go as far as to say I'm glad to hear it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Good luck by Raiola, at least the loved ones he left behind won't go short with cash but the only thing that got me was getting Pogba back at United, I wished he had pissed off somewhere else. :coffee:

"Paul Pogba’s agent will earn £41 million from the player’s move to Manchester United, according to a book published in Germany this week.

The book Football Leaks: The Dirty Business of Football claims that Mino Raiola was entitled to £22.8 million of the £89 million fees paid by United to Juventus to sign Pogba last summer. It alleges that the agent is also due more than £16 million in further payments and an additional £2.2 million from the player, taking his total earnings from the deal to £41 million..."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/agent-to-make-41-million-from-pogba-move-to-united-500jbs8md

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think we can really say. Sometimes I think encouraging players to move for the sake of getting a slice of the transfer fee has always worked out for his players, but how much of that is him acting on behalf of his clients and how much of that is his own pressure.

For a certain player, Balotelli, I think an argument can be made he didn’t really act in his best interests.

Balotelli has never acted in his own interests. At least Raiola got him paid, Balotelli could have been a classic case of broke by 30. Instead he will be broke by 40.

Archived