talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Agent Mino Raiola Current Health Status - Actually dead

football forum

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

What!? xD How on earth is players getting paid more have anything to do with ticket prices? Ticketing is chump change compared to the 20 billion pounds the league generates from TV

They are paid proportionally to how much money a club generates, not the other way around.

It's not the only reason or even the main reason but players salaries are one factor in raising ticket prices,

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Redcanuck said:

It's not the only reason or even the main reason but players salaries are one factor in raising ticket prices,

I disagree. The raise in revenue and ticket causes players salaries to rise, not the other way around.

The prices of premier league tickets being so high isn't that suprising. There's limited supply (especially since we haven't had standing sections in the stadiums for decades), very high levels of demand. And demand doesn't change all that much because a lot of people only support one side and have an emotional connection to the side they support.

And then you've got clubs prioritising profit over getting young people or working class fans into the stadium (historically the backbone of a clubs support) - because they're run by people who love money more than anything else in the world.

• The title was changed to Football Agent Mino Raiola Current Health Status - Actually dead
29 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

United haven’t raised their season ticket prices at basic level for almost 11 years now.

United could sell zero tickets and still make more money than 99.999999% of clubs

Ticket prices make a difference at Vanarama level but above that it doesn't really impact on how much a club is willing to pay a player. The spending during the pandemic from The Premier League and some Championship clubs show how willing some owners are to dip in to there pocket because of the potential rewards on offer. 

4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

This makes me sad.

United are the flagship whore of the flagship whore league of the world. No offence intended to you mate, just how the cookie crumbled in the 90s. First club I ever heard of, must have been eight or nine.

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Amazing you find time to sleep the amount of time you spend thinking and talking about us. 

Plenty of time to think of Liverpool winning the quad and Everton going down the lack of sleep I'm getting at the momentxD mainly thinking about the quad but Everton going down creeps into my thoughts now and againxD

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Plenty of time to think of Liverpool winning the quad and Everton going down the lack of sleep I'm getting at the momentxD mainly thinking about the quad but Everton going down creeps into my thoughts now and againxD

"Now and again" xD can't open a thread these days without you talking about Everton. From Champions League semi final threads to some fella kicking the bucket. Death, taxes and LFCMike talking about Everton.

To be fair, you lot seeing a bloke's died and thinking "how can I make this about Everton" is a welcome change-up from the usual "how can I make this about Liverpool".

Never want a hear a word out of you again about how we're bitter or obsessed with you. I actually think relegation is probably less embarrassing than letting the little old Ev live rent-free between your ears to this extent. xD

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

"Now and again" xD can't open a thread these days without you talking about Everton. From Champions League semi final threads to some fella kicking the bucket. Death, taxes and LFCMike talking about Everton.

To be fair, you lot seeing a bloke's died and thinking "how can I make this about Everton" is a welcome change-up from the usual "how can I make this about Liverpool".

Never want a hear a word out of you again about how we're bitter or obsessed with you. I actually think relegation is probably less embarrassing than letting the little old Ev live rent-free between your ears to this extent. xD

You've become very touchy since Everton have been in the shit. Just having a laugh, don't remember you biting this much previously. 

None of it is aimed at you personally but it feels like it's very much pay back after seeing blues jumping around pubs celebrating Champions League finals or league titles like they'd won it themselves

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMike said:

You've become very touchy since Everton have been in the shit. Just having a laugh, don't remember you biting this much previously. 

None of it is aimed at you personally but it feels like it's very much pay back after seeing blues jumping around pubs celebrating Champions League finals or league titles like they'd won it themselves

I am only having a dig back mate.

This is probably one of those moments where if you don’t have anything nice to say you probably shouldn’t say anything…

…but I can’t help myself. The guy was basically a personification of greed, so I’m not gonna pretend the news is all that sad to me

43 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This is probably one of those moments where if you don’t have anything nice to say you probably shouldn’t say anything…

…but I can’t help myself. The guy was basically a personification of greed, so I’m not gonna pretend the news is all that sad to me

Clubs take advantage of players and agents all the time, but when an agent does it back people are much more critical.

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

Clubs take advantage of players and agents all the time, but when an agent does it back people are much more critical.

I agree with that, but Raiola and all super agents are as parasitic as these billionaires that have sold the soul of football.

45 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I agree with that, but Raiola and all super agents are as parasitic as these billionaires that have sold the soul of football.

Maybe, but Raiola never took advantage of his clients right? As far as I’m concerned agents that protect their players and get them secure from other predatory agents and clubs are only a positive. Raiola is surely a better force than the types that fleece young footballers for everything

Just now, Spike said:

Maybe, but Raiola never took advantage of his clients right? As far as I’m concerned agents that protect their players and get them secure from other predatory agents and clubs are only a positive. Raiola is surely a better force than the types that fleece young footballers for everything

I don’t think we can really say. Sometimes I think encouraging players to move for the sake of getting a slice of the transfer fee has always worked out for his players, but how much of that is him acting on behalf of his clients and how much of that is his own pressure.

For a certain player, Balotelli, I think an argument can be made he didn’t really act in his best interests.

Archived