Dresden vs Regensburg, 12.30
Ingolstadt vs Hamburg, 12.30
Rostock vs Paderborn, 12.30
Darmstadt vs Aue, 19.30

image.png

- Bremen can secure a play-off place if they win and St Pauli draw/lose
- Schalke can do the same if they win and St Pauli lose

- Aue will be relegated if Dresden win, regardless of their own result
- Dresden will be confirmed in the play-offs they don't win and Hannover draw, or they draw and Hannover win.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Less than an hour to go! Same starting XI as last week for us. Kiel are missing quite a few players.

Werder Bremen: Pavlenka - Rapp, Friedl, A. Jung - Weiser, Gruev, Agu, Bittencourt, Schmid - Füllkrug, Ducksch
Holstein Kiel: Dähne - Korb, Si. Lorenz, Thesker, van den Bergh - Mühling, Holtby, Skrzybski, Reese - Wriedt, Pichler

3 points is a must, but I don't expect an easy match.

11 minutes ago, nudge said:

Less than an hour to go! Same starting XI as last week for us. Kiel are missing quite a few players.

Werder Bremen: Pavlenka - Rapp, Friedl, A. Jung - Weiser, Gruev, Agu, Bittencourt, Schmid - Füllkrug, Ducksch
Holstein Kiel: Dähne - Korb, Si. Lorenz, Thesker, van den Bergh - Mühling, Holtby, Skrzybski, Reese - Wriedt, Pichler

3 points is a must, but I don't expect an easy match.

It would be great to see both Werder Bremen and Schalke get straight back into the Bundesliga, after they were both relegated last season. They are two big clubs that should be playing in the top flight.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Michael said:

It would be great to see both Werder Bremen and Schalke get straight back into the Bundesliga, after they were both relegated last season. They are two big clubs that should be playing in the top flight.

Nah, Schalke can stay in 2. Liga for a while, as much as I care... :ph34r:

On 28/04/2022 at 11:39, Stan said:

- Bremen can secure a play-off place if they win and St Pauli draw/lose
- Schalke can do the same if they win and St Pauli lose

- Aue will be relegated if Dresden win, regardless of their own result
- Dresden will be confirmed in the play-offs they don't win and Hannover draw, or they draw and Hannover win.

Haha, funny guy.

2:0 up in Heidenheim. Piotrowski with a lovely strike, and Klaus scored a rebound after Heidenheim's goalkeeper couldn't hold on to the ball after a shot from Peterson. 

Please don't implode again in the 2nd half. 😬

• Subscriber

Started so well, and then turned into a complete shit 😭 to lead 2-0 and then to lose 2-3 against a relegation candidate is really really unacceptable in our current situation... To make it worse, Schalke scored a late winner too. At least Pauli failed to win with Nürnberg equalising late in the game 🙄 Darmstadt will sadly win tomorrow against Aue, so we'll drop to 3rd. Damn.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Started so well, and then turned into a complete shit 😭 to lead 2-0 and then to lose 2-3 against a relegation candidate is really really unacceptable in our current situation... To make it worse, Schalke scored a late winner too. At least Pauli failed to win with Nürnberg equalising late in the game 🙄 Darmstadt will sadly win tomorrow against Aue, so we'll drop to 3rd. Damn.

Are they a relegation candidate given they were mid-table?

What happened anyway? Complacency?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Are they a relegation candidate given they were mid-table?

What happened anyway? Complacency?

Yeah, relegation candidates was probably a bit harsh... xD 

Think we just broke down mentally after that own goal right before the half time, then failed to score in the second half despite several good chances, and fell into the typical Werder panic and chaos mode, just like in previous years. Everything's fine as long as things go our way, but once they don't, it seems that we often lack the mentality to turn it around. 

Very disappointing, as if Darmstadt win tomorrow, then direct promotion is not exactly in our own hands anymore. Doing a HSV here...

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

Yeah, relegation candidates was probably a bit harsh... xD 

Think we just broke down mentally after that own goal right before the half time, then failed to score in the second half despite several good chances, and fell into the typical Werder panic and chaos mode, just like in previous years. Everything's fine as long as things go our way, but once they don't, it seems that we often lack the mentality to turn it around. 

Very disappointing, as if Darmstadt win tomorrow, then direct promotion is not exactly in our own hands anymore. Doing a HSV here...

That's a worrying trait which could typify how the season pans out. Get to where you need to be and then almost 'fail' at the final hurdle. Things going your way as you reached the top before this matchday started, and now it's fallen apart a little with Schalke getting their last minute.

I hope you go against the trait and succeed!

Seriously I reckon that the last two games for 04 are far harder than the 2 for Werder.  I cannot see us getting 6 points from St Pauli and Nurnberg and Werder should get all 6 from Erz and Regensb. Either way the top 2 positions should be ours but staying up with the present squads will be no easy matter.  Anyone got any good (young) players they want to off-load?

Safely avoided relegation today. 

279539505_10158156907122024_535319760953

Great game! As I said we were up 2:0 in the first half, as we often were. Then Heidenheim scored the 1:2 right after the 2nd half started, and I was sure we're going to implode again, but Christoph Klarer scored the much needed 3:1 right when Heidenheim was pressuring us for the equaliser. Fantastic. 

We are still unbeaten since Daniel Thioune took over. 11 matches without a loss. The longest streak in the 2. Bundesliga right now! 

Definitely going to be an interesting run in. I do think Schalke and Bremen are safe. Have to hope Darmstadt trip up, especially next week away at Dusseldorf. The win at St Pauli was quite annoying... just what their psyches needed after some tough losses preceding the win. Will be nailbiting times, for sure. 

• Subscriber

As sad as it is, 2. Liga is by far more fitting for our current club stature than the top division, and if we get promoted, we'll struggle against relegation next season once again, and I honestly don't see any ways of changing that, other than hoping for some lucky break with some extremely clever transfers or extraordinary youth talents. So for that alone, I personally wouldn't mind staying in the 2. Liga as I find it by far more enjoyable, BUT I am also aware that if that happens, then our stature, reputation and finances will stagnate or get even worse, and it will be even harder to attract decent players, get promoted and improve our financial situation and our future prospects again. So it's kind of some wicked cycle, to be honest.

• Subscriber

St. Pauli have cancelled today's training due to multiple positive Covid tests. With Burgstaller out for the rest of the season and now this, it might all play into Schalke's hands.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived