• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2.Bundesliga 2021/22 - [32. Spieltag] - 29-30th April, 2022

football forum

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Chadwell said:

Definitely going to be an interesting run in. I do think Schalke and Bremen are safe. Have to hope Darmstadt trip up, especially next week away at Dusseldorf. The win at St Pauli was quite annoying... just what their psyches needed after some tough losses preceding the win. Will be nailbiting times, for sure. 

I really don't think it's straitforward for either Schalke or Bremen. We need other results to go our way, and Schalke need to beat 2 top 6 teams. 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I really don't think it's straitforward for either Schalke or Bremen. We need other results to go our way, and Schalke need to beat 2 top 6 teams. 

Schalke can afford to draw one of the remaining games even if Darmstadt and we win both of ours, though. On equal points, they'd still be in the top 2 thanks to a significantly better goal difference than ours. On top of that, St. Pauli are struggling, and with half of the team apparently testing positive for covid yesterday, it might as well be an easy win for Schalke. Nürnberg have nothing to play for, and also share a decades long friendship with Schalke; I don't expect them to make it very hard. BUT I also think that Schalke have enough potential to fuck it up, so I'm kinda banking on that.

Darmstadt need to win both, just like us, but their goal difference is also slightly better as they improved it massively yesterday with that 6-0 win against Aue. Still, I'm counting on Fortuna to do a Union and help us out (maybe should start offering them cases of beer for extra motivation), and they'll also won't have it easy against Paderborn, who are the league's best away team.

As for us, well first, we need to beat Aue comfortably and improve our goal difference next weekend. 

I have a feeling it will all be decided on the final matchday... 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

9 more covid-positive players confirmed at St Pauli. 

Might be wrong, but this could mean their match versus Schalke had to be postponed. Would be interesting to see how DFL would handle that, given all teams have to play at the same time on last matchday.

I've tried hard to keep out of this sort of situation, but the next two weeks are very important to all in BL2 and the supporters need to stay realistic and accept what will be (Que Sera).  Sadly the level of discussion here lately has descended into face-book garbage language and I have always tried to believe that those who post on here are far better than that.  nudge's guys are the opposition - not the Putins of the football world - and they suffer as we all do after games like that this wekend - they did it to us last week but somehow, we got over it.  Two weeks to go and they will need all of us to believe that the future next season will be better - most of us will need to seriously look to strengthen what we have otherwise we will be back down again, but for now let's try and enjoy the moment which might come in 14 days time.  My e-mails from the guys I had at Bergerfeld still end the same way my Lego kids on Saturday mornings say as they leave - to all of you simply

sie nett!

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

I've tried hard to keep out of this sort of situation, but the next two weeks are very important to all in BL2 and the supporters need to stay realistic and accept what will be (Que Sera).  Sadly the level of discussion here lately has descended into face-book garbage language and I have always tried to believe that those who post on here are far better than that.  nudge's guys are the opposition - not the Putins of the football world - and they suffer as we all do after games like that this wekend - they did it to us last week but somehow, we got over it.  Two weeks to go and they will need all of us to believe that the future next season will be better - most of us will need to seriously look to strengthen what we have otherwise we will be back down again, but for now let's try and enjoy the moment which might come in 14 days time.  My e-mails from the guys I had at Bergerfeld still end the same way my Lego kids on Saturday mornings say as they leave - to all of you simply

sie nett!

o.O Really don't think there's anything wrong with "levels of discussion" on here, and in particular disagree that it "has descended into face-book garbage language". You've probably got that impression from the English football discussion threads on here, to be honest :ph34r: 

The only problem I see is that there is way too little discussion compared to how it used to be. It's understandable - some people quit the forum quite a long time ago, some have lost interest in football altogether, some are just too busy with life; and nobody likes just talking to themselves week in, week out. But I think what we have here is still a chill, friendly place for people to discuss, talk, or simply have a laugh whenever they feel like. It's sad that you don't feel that way.

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It feels like a lifetime ago, but once upon a time, we did not help Dusseldorf. We flogged Koln instead. I will never forget it of you pull us out of this however.  

I remember that. Many Fortuna fans are still salty about it. xD Same with Dortmund who lost against Hoffenheim in the last matchday 2014? 13? And got Fortuna relegated. 

The weeks this time of the season always feel excruciatingly long. At a time when I should relish them as I adore spring and detest winter, it's this time in May when I'm just ready for the weekends so the football seasons can just get sorted so I can binge on transfer news for the summer with league goals in mind (because I, of course, know so much better than the powers that be). It is unfathomable that it is only Tuesday evening here. There are just so many days remaining until the weekend. One... two.. thr - so many. 

On 01/05/2022 at 11:58, SchalkeUK said:

sie nett!

I'm not really sure where this is coming from.  I joined this forum because I wanted to talk about German football and found a group of folks that were not only accepting but very knowledgeable on the topic.  I'd be interested to know why you think this way.

On 01/05/2022 at 11:45, Rucksackfranzose said:

Might be wrong, but this could mean their match versus Schalke had to be postponed. Would be interesting to see how DFL would handle that, given all teams have to play at the same time on last matchday.

This has a real Holstein Kiel vibe from last year about it.  They got hit hard with COVID and all the postponements ultimately took their toll with too many matches in too small of a window.  I still feel like they got robbed of promotion last year.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived