talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aurelien Tchouameni - Real Madrid Agree Deal

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We should of spent the Lukaku money on him last summer and stuck with Giroud another season. 

Technically gifted holding midfielder with a great eye for a pass. @Batard & @...Dan have probably watched him more regularly. 

6 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Yeah as I mentioned on this forum over a year ago, he's going right to the top. He has everything. He's also slotted into the France midfield perfectly in the last few games and made them better.

Him Thiago and Fabinho? Sounds promising! 

Only rumours at this stage though.

I don't know anything about him, but lots of our trusted journos say we're in for him but not necessarily ready to pay a monstrous fee for him or interested in getting in a bid war. Same journos say we're also considering Bellingham.

Big takeaways are we're looking at bringing in some young high potential midfielders in. I imagine that means it's the end of Oxlade-Chamberlain, who's already having a hard time getting a game with our midfield currently looking absolutely boss.

If we manage to tie down Salah and Mane & our transfers are focused on highly talented young players for depth - like Konate at CB has been (and Konate has been a fantastic signing - he looks like a tremendous player already)... I think that's really really promising news for us. Because we've got a very strong side now with healthier depth than I thought we had at the beginning of the season - to now be adding young and talented players to play squad roles bodes really well for our future I think.

18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't know anything about him, but lots of our trusted journos say we're in for him but not necessarily ready to pay a monstrous fee for him or interested in getting in a bid war. Same journos say we're also considering Bellingham.

Big takeaways are we're looking at bringing in some young high potential midfielders in. I imagine that means it's the end of Oxlade-Chamberlain, who's already having a hard time getting a game with our midfield currently looking absolutely boss.

If we manage to tie down Salah and Mane & our transfers are focused on highly talented young players for depth - like Konate at CB has been (and Konate has been a fantastic signing - he looks like a tremendous player already)... I think that's really really promising news for us. Because we've got a very strong side now with healthier depth than I thought we had at the beginning of the season - to now be adding young and talented players to play squad roles bodes really well for our future I think.

he is very good, a Michael Essien type player

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea have asked Monaco about 'the future' of Aurelien Tchouameni and 'are looking for a quick decision’.

- Marca via @Sport_Witness

— Simon Phillips (@siphillipssport) May 9, 2022

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of people online now saying they need to push for Bellingham but I don't really see the two as connected signings. Tchouameni would I think more be a signing for the base of midfield whereas Bellingham is probably going to be the most attacking in a 3. 

But from Madrid's pov, Tchouameni and Camavinga could be quite a scary midfield for a long time to come.

19 minutes ago, Inverted said:

A lot of people online now saying they need to push for Bellingham but I don't really see the two as connected signings. Tchouameni would I think more be a signing for the base of midfield whereas Bellingham is probably going to be the most attacking in a 3. 

But from Madrid's pov, Tchouameni and Camavinga could be quite a scary midfield for a long time to come.

I can see how Bellingham would fit in nicely with our midfield though. But he'd be more of an Oxlade-Chamberlain/Keita type player than someone like Henderson or Thiago... although I think that's where our midfield needs a bit more depth, because the Ox and Jones haven't really been at the same level as Keita at all. But Jones is still developing and he's clearly got talent, but I think this is the summer we sell Oxlade-Chamberlain - he hardly gets any time on the pitch for us and most of the time he's on the pitch he sort of stands out as not really looking like he really fits in the team anymore.

But will Dortmund sell Bellingham and Haaland in the same window? I doubt it. Honestly, I think a player going to Dortmund makes it very unlikely we sign them because Dortmund are really good at getting huge fees from players and without release clauses, I think some of the fees they expect are much higher than LFC would be willing to pay.

So tbh I doubt we land Bellingham - although I think that would be a great signing for us.

Agreed, I think Bellingham would be fantastic for us. That is a signing for next summer though, as he has came out and said he won’t be leaving Dortmund this summer. They wouldn’t sell him and Haaland in the same window, which is shit for us because we really do need a midfielder this summer and he would have been ideal. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Aurelien Tchouameni - Real Madrid Agree Deal

Archived