• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ralf Rangnick Set To Be Announced as Austria Manager

football forum

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I've read that he's staying in his Man Utd consultancy role until 2024. I don't really get it to be honest. I might be wrong but I thought the idea was that he'd be around working for them for quite a reasonable amount of time, not just to oversee the new manager process. You get the impression that the problems run a lot deeper there and they could do with him for a longer time span than that.

I wonder if he's seen what he's up against and changed his mind or whether Man Utd's powers that be have just been daft and changed their mind already about actually having a football person with expertise oversee the sweeping change that's needed.

19 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I've read that he's staying in his Man Utd consultancy role until 2024. I don't really get it to be honest. I might be wrong but I thought the idea was that he'd be around working for them for quite a reasonable amount of time, not just to oversee the new manager process. You get the impression that the problems run a lot deeper there and they could do with him for a longer time span than that.

I wonder if he's seen what he's up against and changed his mind or whether Man Utd's powers that be have just been daft and changed their mind already about actually having a football person with expertise oversee the sweeping change that's needed.

According to German media outlets he'll stay in his Man Utd adviser role, while also being Austrian national manager. I don't know, if that's what them need, but if I didn't misunderstood it will be a double role similar to the one we see it as a combined club and national manager in other sports sometimes.

On 30/04/2022 at 11:04, RandoEFC said:

He wasn't coming in as DOF, just as a "consultant" - apparently United are fine with him taking on a national side job as long as he can commit about a week's worth of work each month while the season's going, which I think he'll be able to do because honestly a national team manager doesn't really strike me as the most full time job around.

I'm gonna be honest - when I heard the news of this and the arrangement he's got with United for the next couple of seasons, I thought "that's a bit weird" but I really don't know how common "consultant" roles are in football. I think he'll just be an advisor to both Ten Hag and the executives above Ten Hag that do the scouting/recruitment/shit-like-that - but I don't think he's got the same sort of sweeping power a DoF would have (which is what I figured his role would be after this interim period).

Archived