24/04/2021 - Liverpool 1-1 Newcastle
30/12/2020 - Newcastle 0-0 Liverpool

Recent Form
Newcastle - WWWWL
Liverpool - WWWWD

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difficult game but I'd rather be going to SJP midday on Saturday rather than the night time kick off we had there at a similar stage in 18/19. 

I wouldn't expect many changes for this despite us playing on Wednesday. Matip probably comes back in, possibly Keita for one of the midfielders and probably Jota starts.

I think this will be more difficult than it probably would have been earlier in the year. Purely because I just looked at the table and I saw Newcastle are in the top half now... and I never would have expected that earlier in the season where Newcastle looked fucking dire.

Credit to Howe - that's some turnaround and looking at their form lately, it's pretty impressive stuff.

Having said that, we should be able to beat them given the form we're in and how much quality we have right now - and I expect us to, because we've got to keep the pressure up on City. All this quadruple talk is nice, but I don't think it's really... helpful or realistic. There's a reason nobody's ever done it before, because it's virtually impossible. I just want to see us win the league again because seeing it happen twice in my lifetime would be incredible tbh. Obviously I'd like us to win everything... but I just think that's not the most realistic thing to hope for in the world and getting hopes up for that might be just a way to feel disappointed by what has been a really incredible season.

So hopefully we put in a good performance and get a nice win to keep that pressure on City.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think this will be more difficult than it probably would have been earlier in the year. Purely because I just looked at the table and I saw Newcastle are in the top half now... and I never would have expected that earlier in the season where Newcastle looked fucking dire.

Credit to Howe - that's some turnaround and looking at their form lately, it's pretty impressive stuff.

A chance to bring up this Steve Bruce quote from November

"When I see polls, the next manager and the fella from Bournemouth, I find it disrespectful, I have to tell you. Your paper was gunning for a manager that got a team relegated last year." 

:4_joy:

How Trump was Bruce? Literally disrespecting another manager whilst complaining about being disrespected :4_joy:

28 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

A chance to bring up this Steve Bruce quote from November

"When I see polls, the next manager and the fella from Bournemouth, I find it disrespectful, I have to tell you. Your paper was gunning for a manager that got a team relegated last year." 

:4_joy:

How Trump was Bruce? Literally disrespecting another manager whilst complaining about being disrespected :4_joy:

Steve Bruce has always been a fucking dickhead xD

Guy got such an easy ride from the media while being objectively terrible as a manager at Newcastle too, crazy he'd insult whatever journo & Howe over a poll about a new Newcastle manager when everyone in the world could see Mr. Bone Saw & co. would be wanting rid of the objectively shite manager ASAP.

Can't see Newcastle getting anything from this... not that that's a shock but they are safe now and Liverpool have a greater incentive to keep getting results and they seem so much fresher and more energetic even at this late stage of the season.. 

Just wanna say, while not a world beater by any means, props to Shelvey. He always was better than shite like spearing, and while he's no Schweinsteiger, he can hit a ball real fuckin hard, can play an okay long pass, and will run all day when agitated. Good on him for making a career in the prem for himself. 

• The title was changed to Newcastle 0-1 Liverpool - Saturday 30th April, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived