12/12/2020 - Everton 1-0 Chelsea

Recent Form
Everton - LDWLL
Chelsea - DWLWW

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Winnable game. We're right in the shit if Burnley get a result at Watford which is highly likely and we lose here.

Depends on which Chelsea turn up.

Players are going through the motions until Wembley. 

From recent experience, I think Everton are actually more of a goal threat than United - even if they play a boring game just hoofing it to Richarlison and that one kid they have that looks pretty decent.

I suspect Chelsea still win comfortably, but anything can happen with the shit finishing we've seen on display from Chelsea and the fact Everton have to fight for their lives.

7 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

My Dad and all of my older family members don’t  want Everton to get relegated. Me and most of my younger family and friends would absolutely love it. I thought that was interesting 🤔 

How old are you? Just asking because just about everyone in my family wants to see them go down except me and my Everton loving uncle and his dumb cunt children. My dad is absolutely loving the prospect they might go down.

And among my friends back home I’m just about the only one who wants them to stay up xD

• Subscriber

Livid how it's come to this really even if we stay up which looks harder and harder. I've known for a couple of months now to prepare myself emotionally for the possibility. But what an absolute travesty for a football club like ours.

Kenwright and Moshiri, both an absolute disgrace. Moshiri will probably sack Lampard as well if we go down. Wish he'd sack himself the absolute lunatic. 

There are obviously much worse cases such as Bury and Wimbledon but it's another case where a club has just been absolutely taken away from its fanbase. If there was any "Everton identity" still factored in to any decision making at the club, we wouldn't have employed Benitez at the start of this season, set ourselves on this path, and ended up with a choice between Pereira (Kia Joorabchian-backed nutter who rang up SSN in the middle of the recruitment process to do an interview), Lampard (I like him but he's lacked a certain cynical nous needed for a relegation battle) and Ferguson (no credentials).

It worried me when we went for Rafa at the start of the season because I knew he was a poor appointment, he wouldn't last, and we'd be inevitably looking again and writing off another season and having another new ingredient to the cocktail of different managers who have put our squad together. I didn't think we'd end up in this position.

42 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

My Dad and all of my older family members don’t  want Everton to get relegated. Me and most of my younger family and friends would absolutely love it. I thought that was interesting 🤔 

I hope they drop like a stone. My best mate is a blue and one of the decent ones but most of them are so full of hate that I wouldn't miss Everton in the Premier League.

• Administrator
Just now, Honey Honey said:

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Everton get something.

If they played like they did against us in first half, Chelsea will roll them over. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

I'm not sure about this personally. I can't remember when but I'm sure we've seen this backfire in the past where the team targeted ended up more motivated the next day and went on to win the game and spoke about how the fireworks situation just pissed them off and made them want it more.

Certainly nobody can say the Everton fans aren't doing their bit to try and haul the club over the line at least.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm not sure about this personally. I can't remember when but I'm sure we've seen this backfire in the past where the team targeted ended up more motivated the next day and went on to win the game and spoke about how the fireworks situation just pissed them off and made them want it more.

Certainly nobody can say the Everton fans aren't doing their bit to try and haul the club over the line at least.

Yeah I can't recall either.

You'd rather make it more vociferous towards the opposition in the stands as that's likely to have more of an effect in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Chelsea in 2014 v Liverpool when they stayed at Formby Hall is an example of it backfiring.

Barcelona in 2019 for the semi second leg were also targeted. Obviously didn't backfire that time.

Guess which fanbase were most offended on both of those occasions:ph34r:

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Chelsea in 2014 v Liverpool when they stayed at Formby Hall is an example of it backfiring.

Was that the Demba Ba game? If so, with Mourinho manager, it's no surprise Chelsea reacted that was. I couldn't remember but I thought Liverpool were involved on one side or the other.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Was that the Demba Ba game? If so, with Mourinho manager, it's no surprise Chelsea reacted that was. I couldn't remember but I thought Liverpool were involved on one side or the other.

Yeah it was

• The title was changed to Everton 1-0 Chelsea - Sunday 1st May, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived