talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 1-0 Chelsea - Sunday 1st May, 2022

football forum

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

You've got one of the worst defences in the league on Monday. You're fine.

Yeah but when Thomas Frank pisses off a team we generally lose afterwards. A win is massive for us and means we only need one more based on the current points tallies to stay up

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Chelsea's remaining fixtures were a little bit more interesting, their spot in the top four could've been under threat. As it is, don't think this changes much for them but it's a massive win for Everton. Genuinely have no idea who the third team going down will be.

I thought we would win, then heard about fireworks outside the ground and fans surrounding the club coach and wondered if our lads would be up for a fight.

It appears they were not.

Azpi's mistake was a bad one, to be caught like that was very poor.

We were better in the 2nd half creating chances and Pickford made some decent stops yet it is alarming how complacent we seem to be, almost as if the players are mentally already on the beach.

6 hours ago, Inverted said:

I saw the score and the possession stats I imagined it was one of those freak games where the weaker side gets battered and somehow shithouses a result. But looking at the shots and xG suggests that Chelsea barely generated an actual threat even with basically 80% possession. 

Which is mental. 

The only thing that's mental is the XG stat. Pickford was in England mode and made 2 or 3 saves of the season contenders. But Chelseas XG is less than one xD

I'm support the other side of the park but i have to give credit to Everton as they deserved this win. Pickford was top class and after a couple of saves I knew he'd be unbeatable. I can't figure out why they brought Dele on but at least he didn't mess up.

I just love watching Tuchel squirming is seat. The subs he made were pretty poor and too late into the game.

Best of luck to the Toffee's

3 hours ago, 6666 said:

If Chelsea's remaining fixtures were a little bit more interesting, their spot in the top four could've been under threat. As it is, don't think this changes much for them but it's a massive win for Everton. Genuinely have no idea who the third team going down will be.

After this turnaround and if Everton can use this as a springboard, I'd say Leeds.

• Subscriber

Fair play to Everton. Mocked for what they did before the game but that kind of desire spills over into a team and that can only be a good thing. They've got a bit of fight.

I think they'll get out of this. They've arisen. Leeds look bang in the shit to me now.

This is a fantastic relegation battle. They're often more fun than title battles.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Danny said:

This is why I’m not confident we’re out of this scrap yet. 6 points between us, Burnley and Leeds, if Everton win the game in hand it’s 5 points between them. And we still have to play Man Utd, Everton and Leeds.

Sheer number of games is why you'll be OK but you do wonder if there's the tiniest shout for Southampton here after all.

Tuchel was saying the ref let too much go suggesting he was influenced by the ref, yet added the most important fact was Chelsea made a defensive error and in that atmosphere was a bad mistake.

The crowd at Goodison have the ability to influence both players and officials and think this will carry them over.

• Subscriber

Not really sure what Tuchel is complaining about. Mina was being a big old shithouse but it was all within the letter of the law. Delph may have been booked for a challenge earlier than the one he got. Not sure what else really.

• The title was changed to Everton 1-0 Chelsea - Sunday 1st May, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived