talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 1-0 Chelsea - Sunday 1st May, 2022

football forum

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful, casual, lackluster, pedestrian football. Jorginho isn't on the pitch so he can't be blamed anymore. This is throughout and it begs the question if this is down to Tuchel's management or if its the personnel.

Rudiger, Azpilicueta, and Jorginho are doing their absolute best to tarnish their reputation before they leave. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Awful, casual, lackluster, pedestrian football. Jorginho isn't on the pitch so he can't be blamed anymore. This is throughout and it begs the question if this is down to Tuchel's management or if its the personnel.

Rudiger, Azpilicueta, and Jorginho are doing their absolute best to tarnish their reputation before they leave. 

There are a few to clean out I would say.   Go younger and more hungry. 

• Subscriber

Still alive mother fuckers. Up the pyrotechnic bus-welcoming shithouse diving injury faking wind up merchant 22% possession Toffees.

I counted 6 mini heart attacks on my end that half taking the total for the season to 34.

I didn't want to chat too big before this game but I've had my eyes on this one for a while. Always fancy an angry Goodison against the big teams. I wasn't joking when I said I fancied us more against Man Utd and Chelsea at home than I did away to Burnley and Watford.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Still alive mother fuckers. Up the pyrotechnic bus-welcoming shithouse diving injury faking wind up merchant 22% possession Toffees.

I counted 6 mini heart attacks on my end that half taking the total for the season to 34.

I didn't want to chat too big before this game but I've had my eyes on this one for a while. Always fancy an angry Goodison against the big teams. I wasn't joking when I said I fancied us more against Man Utd and Chelsea at home than I did away to Burnley and Watford.

You will probably go away to Watford and get a 3-0 hiding type team. 

• Subscriber
Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

You will probably go away to Watford and get a 3-0 hiding type team. 

More likely we'll do an inverse Burnley and lose 2-1 after leading in the 80th minute.

Watford still hate us after the Marco Silva episode so I wouldn't put it past them to beat us after letting Leeds dick them 3-0 and bottling it against Burnley yesterday. Bellwhiffs. 

A sad state of affairs that the most excitement Everton fans have had in nearly 30 years a relegation escape. That is why I hate the disparity of this sport. 

At least in shitty American and Australian sports you know any team could go from bottom to dynasty in few years

This is why I’m not confident we’re out of this scrap yet. 6 points between us, Burnley and Leeds, if Everton win the game in hand it’s 5 points between them. And we still have to play Man Utd, Everton and Leeds.

Good luck to @RandoEFC this at least keeps Everton in the fight... As for us this was as predictable as the United game... we have always had this poor mentality when it comes to sides that are struggling, Arsenal on a shit run, until they played us, United in poor form, we couldn't beat them and now Everton who have been dire scrap a win.. no excuses we are simply looking like a side that has taken 3rd spot for granted and have nothing to really play for other than a Cup

Throw in all the player issues/contracts/ownership etc that's going on behind the scenes and add a sprinkling of individual errors and we are where we are... If we can at least get the new ownership sorted we can take a fresh look at what that brings and maybe look forward to something better next season.. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Danny said:

This is why I’m not confident we’re out of this scrap yet. 6 points between us, Burnley and Leeds, if Everton win the game in hand it’s 5 points between them. And we still have to play Man Utd, Everton and Leeds.

I was flicking through a few tables from recent seasons and with Leeds and Burnley on 34 and Everton on 32 with 4/5 games left each, some recent seasons that would be enough for all three to stay afloat. I think 37 points was the highest points tally for 18th place I saw from the last 6 or 7 seasons. It looks possible that it could be higher this season, but I don't think the long standing 40 point safety rule (which is what Brentford are on) will be broken.

16 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

There are a few to clean out I would say.   Go younger and more hungry. 

Issues we saw today are the same bollocks we've seen the past 6 years under 6 different managers. Tuchel is to blame at parts but when you look at PSG and Dortmund, they played direct football. Considering he's come here and had to revert to the same slow lethargic football that we've seen for years indicates the larger problem is personnel. 

Normally we'd sack Tuchel and take two step backwards forever prolonging the major issue, but hopefully with new ownership that changes because to tell you the truth I am fed up with this kind of football. Fed up. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Issues we saw today are the same bollocks we've seen the past 6 years under 6 different managers. Tuchel is to blame at parts but when you look at PSG and Dortmund, they played direct football. Considering he's come here and had to revert to the same slow lethargic football that we've seen for years indicates the larger problem is personnel. 

Normally we'd sack Tuchel and take two step backwards forever prolonging the major issue, but hopefully with new ownership that changes because to tell you the truth I am fed up with this kind of football. Fed up. 

Either you have to stick with Tuchel or you need to move fast for Conte and back him. 

I saw the score and the possession stats I imagined it was one of those freak games where the weaker side gets battered and somehow shithouses a result. But looking at the shots and xG suggests that Chelsea barely generated an actual threat even with basically 80% possession. 

Which is mental. 

2 hours ago, Danny said:

You've got one of the worst defences in the league on Monday. You're fine.

• The title was changed to Everton 1-0 Chelsea - Sunday 1st May, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived