Southampton vs Crystal Palace

Watford vs Burnley

Wolves vs Brighton

Sunday 1st May, 2022
Tottenham vs Leicester, 14.00

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watford got the worst record in the division at home. We've been shit against fellow strugglers at the time of playing them. Apart from Everton we've not won. 

Need to go there tomorrow and win. No 2 ways about it. Hopefully the decent confidence gained from 7 points from 9 will help. 

• Administrator

Spurs no shots on target in their last 2.
Kane no goals in 5. 

I'd be lumping on Kane to break his duck and Spurs to have an absolute field day given they're well rested and Kane loves a goal against us. Our focus is on Roma away next Thursday so we're likely to have a much-changed squad.

10 minutes ago, Danny said:

Bet Zaha enjoyed that winner 

Oh yes. Ever since he threw his toys out the pram against Ward-Prowse over three years ago there fans have tried to create a rivalry with him. It's a little weird but most of the time he's able to channel it in to positive energy and it works in our favour.

I imagine Kalvin Phillips comments got under his skin earlier in the week so to score in the last minute against a team and fans that regularly give him shit is a fitting end for him. For a Manager whose portrayed a calm persona for most of the season, Vieira's pre match comments about that made me laugh:

Next up is the chance to relegate Watford, who are another fan base content on starting a rivalry with him. 

Decent turn around from us that.. Come on strong in second half. Great ball over by Taylor for Cork to head in for his first goal since 2018 👏🏼 

Vydra ex Watford set up the winner too. 

Jackson got 1 less win 3 than dyche had all season. 

In 4 games. 

10 from 12 points can't ask for more. Keep fighting the fight Burnley we aren't dead and buried ⚰ yet. 

Come on now Chelsea do us a favour and beat Everton tomorrow 

• Administrator

Fill yer boots, Spurs!

Quite clearly no interest in the outcome of this match and with Thursday as the more important game, I have no qualms with it. 

The main thing is resting Fofana, Evans, Vardy, KDH, Youri, Maddison etc. 

Spurs will have a field day but at the very least it's a chance for any of the above 11 to play well and do what they can. Soumare especially considering there's no pressure on him or the team, so hopefully has a decent game. 

Also for everyone to come away injury-free too if possible.

• Administrator

Not a bad opening 20 after initial pressure from Spurs. 

Daka hit the post. Son handballs it in the box, not even looked at by VAR. 

• Administrator
Just now, The Palace Fan said:

For a side that's recently won The Premier League and FA Cup, is the Vanarama Europa League really that important?

I know Europe is a new experience, but I can't imagine the buzz being any better than the Nations League. 

Wait til you get to it and at this stage then find out? It's our only way into Europe so why not have a focus on it? 

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wait til you get to it and at this stage then find out? It's our only way into Europe so why not have a focus on it? 

Sides like Crystal Palace, West Ham and even Tottenham haven't won anything for a significant period of time.

For a side that has won everything domestically recently the mentality of taking this C rate competition more seriously than league games just comes across so small.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Sides like Crystal Palace, West Ham and even Tottenham haven't won anything for a significant period of time.

For a side that has won everything domestically recently the mentality of taking this C rate competition more seriously than league games just comes across so small.

In our position as a club right now, on this day with a game against Roma to look towards, hardly a small club, and to prioritise that is not 'small' ffs. 

If we were challenging for top 6/7 then for sure you'd have a point. 

But I won't be critical of putting Roma ahead of this game when we're faltering in midtable domestically. Just because we won league and FA Cup doesn't mean we have to forget about any other European comp we find ourselves in. 

You can't treat us in the same respect as clubs that regularly dominate or have dominated Cup or league competitions ie 'the top five'. I don't get how it comes across as small. Just because it's the third-rate European competition shouldn't mean we give it less attention. 

Honestly, should you ever qualify for it, and yet to the semi-final stage, I very much doubt you'd say the same thing. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived