• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 35 Fixtures - 30th April - 1st May, 2022

football forum

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Sides like Crystal Palace, West Ham and even Tottenham haven't won anything for a significant period of time.

For a side that has won everything domestically recently the mentality of taking this C rate competition more seriously than league games just comes across so small.

Leicester are well out of the running for a Europa League spot in the league, but are potentially 2 games away from qualifying for it via the Conference League…it’s a no brainer which one you prioritise 

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Leicester are well out of the running for a Europa League spot in the league, but are potentially 2 games away from qualifying for it via the Conference League…it’s a no brainer which one you prioritise 

As a manager you would. As a fan I'd be depleted about the whole situation and expect better. Its sad to think this club were 90 minutes away from fourth place last season. 

27 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

As a manager you would. As a fan I'd be depleted about the whole situation and expect better. Its sad to think this club were 90 minutes away from fourth place last season. 

Mate you wanted Hodgson to stay at Palace you can't really talk about what Leicester fans should or shouldn't want out of this season lol. They're two games away from European football in the middle of a disappointing season after 2 and half great years under Rodgers. It's really not that bad.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yes, thanks for reminding us. I never know with you sometimes whether you're actually fishing and going for digs or if you're actually saying what you really think. 

Obviously the expectations are higher than what the reality is. I'm not for one second happy with how the league season has gone. But with a European competition still alive, and not much to play for in the league any more, why would I be 'depleted'? (what do you actually mean here, depleted?) 

Like I said before, when/if Palace ever get to this situation, let's see how you feel and if its the same as what you're saying now. On the verge of making a European final for the first time in your history and you want a relatively meaningless league game to take some kind of precedence. 

As a fan of a club that's actually in that situation, I'd like to think that focusing on that European game is quite clearly the main focus. Also as said before, if we were actually realistically challenging for a European position in the league, today's game has a whole different meaning. 

8 minutes ago, Danny said:

Mate you wanted Hodgson to stay at Palace you can't really talk about what Leicester fans should or shouldn't want out of this season lol. They're two games away from European football in the middle of a disappointing season after 2 and half great years under Rodgers. It's really not that bad.

Comparing Leicester and Crystal Palace is like comparing apples and oranges.

• Subscriber

Crap but entirely predictable. We've thrown virtually all eggs in the Europe basket. It could backfire but I suppose the league campaign was pretty much done by January anyway.

• Subscriber

For me he's done the right thing prioritising Europe but I do think the run within that is papering over plenty of cracks, many of which have existed throughout the season. We've been poor defensively for large parts and we don't really create much. That's a pretty shoddy combination.

The conference league is the only competition we've performed to a satisfactory level in for me this season, and even that came as a result of blowing the Europa League. It's a strange one because as a fan it's genuinely great going to these away trips and I'm going to Roma in the week, in what should be a pretty special atmosphere, but we did ultimately fall into it.

We've timed this season very well basically.

• Administrator

Should never boil down to 'luck of which referee'. Pathetic its come down to that. 

Surprised it wasn't even looked at at the time, regardless of referee. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived