Binge-Watching

football forum

Binge-Watching  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever binge-watch TV shows?

• Yes, most of the time
    • Sometimes
    • No, never
  2. 2. How many episodes do you usually watch in one sitting?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

They always moaned about it or reminded you but never took it further with fines etc... now that's barbaric :ph34r:

To be fair the renting companies took care you always got rewound movies, so if you returned them not rewound they put it in a recorder rewound it themselves. Charged you usually 50 Pfennig for it.

3 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

To be fair the renting companies took care you always got rewound movies, so if you returned them not rewound they put it in a recorder rewound it themselves. Charged you usually 50 Pfennig for it.

Imagine being German and renting a movie that is not rewound. 

explodemind-star-trek.gif

• Subscriber

I can remember renting the first Jaws from Blockbusters, sitting there watching it, our laddie (younger then) sitting on a 2 seat sofa, when they played that music when Jaws was attacking "DO DA DO DA DO...he was inching his way up the back of the sofa squinting his eyes, our daughter was hiding her eyes with a pillow.

Then we moved back to Scotland and one time went on a holiday to the Isle of Bute, sitting on a beach with the wife our son and daughter splashing around in the water when we were ready I called out to them that we were ready to go back to the hotel they just ignored me so I yelled out that Jaws sound "DO DA DO DA DO DA...I have never seen them move so fast out of the water, the thought of Jaws got them going. xD

• Subscriber
On 30/04/2022 at 16:08, nudge said:

Inspired by @Tommy

Do you binge-watch? Why/why not?

Do you prefer binge watching whole season(s), weekly releases, or do you like to make your own custom watching schedule?

How many episodes do you usually watch in one sitting?

What was your longest binge watching session so far? 

Which show have you found to be the most binge worthy?

I don't binge watch as I tend to lose interest if I deemed what I see as over-watching.

My custom watching schedule. If it's 40-45 minutes I watch 2 episodes early morning after exercise with breakfast. If it's an hour long I'll stick to 1 episode.  Afternoon around 5 when I eat. I'll then watch another episode.  

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

That 9_9

I hate it nowadays when they show any show on tv 7 days a week, I loved the days years ago when they put a show on weekly, looked forward to the following week when it was shown again.

When the first Dallas started it was always on a Saturday night I think it was and when JR Ewing got shot the whole week the media were giving out their choices who shot him and even me and the family sat down all week giving our choices and reasons who shot him, we looked forward to when it was on again to see if we were right or wrong.

Dallas, Dynasty, Notts Landing, Falcons Crest, The Colbys, The Big Valley, always on once a week at the weekends, we miss them days.   

Being honest I've never been a fan of watching weekly episodes. I really don't like it especially when I started watching the Walking dead and had to wait. Everybody is different but I prefer a series with at least a few seasons available. I don't mind waiting for a new season as long as all the episodes are released in one go. If a new series is out which everybody is raving on about. I wait till the season has finished rather then waiting weekly. 

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

The easiest thing to do nowadays is to record any shows if they are on more than a weekly basis, I don't like a lot of the soap operas (EastEnders etc) but the wife does, if she goes out for the day or evening she will set up her shows to record because she knows that I won't watch them if I have to.

I can remember when Video Recorders came out in 1971, I would head off to Blockbusters and rent around 4-5 movies to binge-watch, nowadays that is obsolete as you have Netflix, YouTube, Amazon etc to buy or rent a movie plus I have a load of movies on my Amazon ' Your Stuff' free viewing, we also have a Firestick in the tv but we hardly use it. 

In the 80's and 90s. The video rental scene was really good. Blockbuster was the major franchise but every local shop, newsagent and booze store would have video rentals. I never really went to Blockbuster but my mates did. There used to be loads of independent video rental shops which had a massive selection. 

I remember in the 90s when Terminator 2 came out for video hire. Every muppet from every shop was renting it. We eventually rented it 3 weeks after it was out. 

Do you remember the pirate DVD days? You could go in any shop and they'd be selling copied DVD's which were ultra-shit quality lol. I used to download them from Ares and Limewire back in the day. You could always choose quality downloads with really good picture.

1 minute ago, MUFC said:

Being honest I've never been a fan of watching weekly episodes. I really don't like it especially when I started watching the Walking dead and had to wait.

You will never know the agony of rushing home in the 70's to watch your favourite tv show only to miss it and everyone telling you it was a really good episode the next day... also knowing you would never get to see see it again.. 

Jake Johnson Pain GIF by New Girl

• Subscriber

17 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Being honest I've never been a fan of watching weekly episodes. I really don't like it especially when I started watching the Walking dead and had to wait. Everybody is different but I prefer a series with at least a few seasons available. I don't mind waiting for a new season as long as all the episodes are released in one go. If a new series is out which everybody is raving on about. I wait till the season has finished rather then waiting weekly. 

Everybody has their own tastes and I prefer them weekly, maybe because I go back a few years before video recorders first came out and the internet, a lot of shows then were on a weekly basis and viewing times were restricted.

Once upon a time tv channels would close down just after midnight and the national anthem came on and then the tv went all blue and white crackling noises as the transmission was turned off.

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Do you remember the pirate DVD days? You could go in any shop and they'd be selling copied DVD's which were ultra-shit quality lol. 

I don't know about that, maybe later on in years, you would get pirate copies once the video recorders became the in thing, if I remember right our son was into that and bought a couple  home for me to watch but they were shit copies and I just turned them off.

Archived