talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Villarreal (2) 2-3 (5) Liverpool - Tuesday 3rd May, 2022

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Well done Villareal. To get as far as this is no easy achievement considering who all they've ejected from this competition. 

I can't wait to see who we meet in the finals now.

Villarreal were really good first half and we were poor. Have to give credit to them for that first half. I was reasonably relaxed (as much as you can be in a European Cup semi final) though that Liverpool would sort it out second half. Brilliant second half performance.

32 minutes ago, Stan said:

Diaz reminds me so much of Mahrez it's ridiculous. Instant flair and skill. 

Liverpool were just lulling Villarreal into a false sense of security in the first half xD

Never in doubt... 

That's the first thing I said when I seen him for Liverpool, body shape and ball control are so much like Mahrez.

Honestly this group of attacking players amassed by Klopp is incredible. The energy, skill and finishing ability of what you'd usually call wide men is different level.

• The title was changed to Villarreal (2) 2-3 (5) Liverpool - Tuesday 3rd May, 2022
6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Villarreal were really good first half and we were poor. Have to give credit to them for that first half. I was reasonably relaxed (as much as you can be in a European Cup semi final) though that Liverpool would sort it out second half. Brilliant second half performance.

I was legitimately worried because that was just about as bad as I've seen us play in over a year... but we really turned it around in that second half. Truly a tale of two halves.

Feel a bit shit for Villareal because I think it's remarkable that they even made it that far, let alone put in a first half performance like that... but I'm fucking delighted we're through to another final.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I was legitimately worried because that was just about as bad as I've seen us play in over a year... but we really turned it around in that second half. Truly a tale of two halves.

Feel a bit shit for Villareal because I think it's remarkable that they even made it that far, let alone put in a first half performance like that... but I'm fucking delighted we're through to another final.

Oh yeah I agree it's as bad as we've been for a long time. This team has pulled it out the bag time and again though and you knew they'd be different second half, coupled with Villarreal not being able to keep that pace up. Three finals in five years, what a team.

4 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Christ, who needs a comeback when you've got an extra GK. Woeful. 

Do you ever make a positive comment mate? I just picture you as a pissed at the world grounds keeper man like on the simpsons.

I don't understand all the armchair managers second guessing on decisions. Maybe I'm naive, but Klopp has made Liverpool what it is today. If he makes a howler of a decision (which I doubt he would) it's a one off. Have faith people, It helped the Jews cross the river!

3 hours ago, patoriku66 said:

Do you ever make a positive comment mate? I just picture you as a pissed at the world grounds keeper man like on the simpsons.

Young Dick has had long disciplinary issues, it all started from a funeral but he makes intelligent points every now and then. 

35 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Young Dick has had long disciplinary issues, it all started from a funeral but he makes intelligent points every now and then. 

I'd propose that most of the time I make a point, whether it is right, wrong, populist or contrarian, it's generally a point well crafted or shrewdly spotted. 

But 4/5 of my posts are me shit stirring, being grumpy or having a laugh at someone else's expense. 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'd propose that most of the time I make a point, whether it is right, wrong, populist or contrarian, it's generally a point well crafted or shrewdly spotted. 

But 4/5 of my posts are me shit stirring, being grumpy or having a laugh at someone else's expense. 

or playing a 'whose dick is bigger?' contest with Spike :ph34r:

Calm down @MUFC 

• Subscriber

I'd have liked to have met this team in the finals honestly with the way they played in the first half. Emery has really done something special at Villareal and its a shame he didn't get to go to the finals but the capitulation in the second half was a byproduct of Klopp firing a rocket up Thiago and Fab's collective behinds. Some of the cross play in that second half was some of the best I have seen them perform.

This is also just the kind of game needed before meeting Spurs over the weekend. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived