talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Villarreal (2) 2-3 (5) Liverpool - Tuesday 3rd May, 2022

Interesting one.... They say he got the ball but he has clearly just thrown his body in the way and the ball bounces off him as a result of the contact which is not the same as having control of the ball and then clattering the player after.. lucky for Liverpool there

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Henderson on for Keita. Jota off for Diaz, Mane through the middle. 

I'd take Mane off. Keita definitely. 

Even Thiago isn't his usual self. 

Gotta credit this Villarreal side though. You don't beat Bayern if you're a bad team. They've got very good organisation. 

Don't think it's the end of the goals or the drama. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Gotta credit this Villarreal side though. You don't beat Bayern if you're a bad team. They've got very good organisation. 

Mane is good at winding up their centre backs, generally being a handful. He’s been excellent in that role this season. Jota is just a bit too slow, and in this heat will only be more sluggish. 

3 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Reece-James is clear of TAA when it comes to being the better RB.

As an overall player sure, but TAA can influence his side throughout the entire season. James would be lucky to go 2 months consistently. 

For that reason alone TAA is clear. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'd take Jota off rather than Mane. Mane's probably been our best outlet so far in that first half, while Jota's really not done a whole lot.

Keita's putting in his worst performance since he was hooked at halftime against Madrid, so I think it's only reasonable he comes off at half time again. Looks rubbish. Thiago's been similarly shite tbh. The side just looks so complacent, which is bizarre considering they scored so early on and everyone in the world could have predicted that Villareal would be throwing everything they had at us.

I think we're going out though, I'm sensing the sort of collapse Barca had against us a few years ago - the crowd is up for it and their players are playing out of their skin while our players are looking slow and shit.

Well played villareal making a fight of it now back from the dead. Didn't see this coming. 

Thought soon as they opened up Liverpool would expose them.. 

Master class from the villareal manager so far 😂 

I got to be honest I hope they knock Liverpool out! 👋 

I seriously didn't anticipate this. Terrible start from Liverpool, but they continued to be poor for most of the half to be honest. I've not seem them play this poorly for a while. I hope they manage to pull a goal back in the 2nd half, as it would be good to see another all English CL final.

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Diaz on for Jota. I still think we will go on to win the game, but it goes without saying that the second half needs to be completely different. 

You reckon you will win this match? It will take a lot to score at least 3 goals past this Villareal team in 45 minutes, but good luck. 👍

• The title was changed to Villarreal (2) 2-3 (5) Liverpool - Tuesday 3rd May, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived