talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Real Madrid (6) aet3-1 (5) Man City - Wednesday 4th May, 2022

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, I get that. It feels really weird to me that most of English football just sell their souls to the highest bidder. It is not at all what football should be all about. 

And yet we have Red Bullshit Leipzig terrorizing our league. Luckily with little success so far. 

Sadly everyone is losing their shit and forgetting their principles mate but that's another story for another day.

Luckily for you guys, Red Bull have no previous significant history to reflect on, no built up reputation, no past icons to adore, absolutely nothing. Half this forum is older than the football club which tells you what a joke they are xD

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah and I'd rather not be the side to play against City if they ever stop bottling it in the CL (if they ever make a final again, hopefully they won't though).

I'd rather go up against a side like Madrid. I'm fairly certain they've lost a European Cup final in Paris before too...

Good thing for Madrid the final is in Saint Denis

Anyway, what a collapse that was xD it's the final I wanted, more because I'm sick of City and games with them are so intense. A European Cup final against them would be horrible. A final against Real Madrid is still unbelievably intense but the shithouse in me thinks it's easier to accept a loss against them than it would against Man City.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

A final against Real Madrid is still unbelievably intense but the shithouse in me thinks it's easier to accept a loss against them than it would against Man City.

Absolutely. There's no shame in losing a final to Real Madrid. There's eternal shame to giving City their first ever European Cup.

There's no "easy" opponent in a CL final, so I'm just hoping we put in a strong enough performance to get passed this side that seems like it can't be killed.

I know Madrid have defied the laws of gravity with how they have progressed in this competition but I truly believe this Liverpool defence doesn't collapse like City, Chelsea's and PSG has. 

It's one of the best match up's Liverpool could hand pick.

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I know Madrid have defied the laws of gravity with how they have progressed in this competition but I truly believe this Liverpool defence doesn't collapse like City, Chelsea's and PSG has. 

I dunno, did you see us in the first half of our second-leg semi?

I think it's going to be a game of margins. Both sides won't want to defend like they did in the semis, both sides I think will see things in each other that they think are exploitable. Honestly my big hope is that Real Madrid have so many old players that our intensity may tire them out... but this Madrid side have saved it til late so many times this season to go through. I'm not sure we can rely on them being in their 30s and getting tired considering their mentality.

It should be an interesting match between the side that's done the best in the history of this competition and the best English side in the history of this competition. You can't rule out either side winning it - and probably for 2 different reasons. This is maybe the best Liverpool side I've ever seen, but Real Madrid have shown a mentality this season in Europe that I think is maybe the most impressive I've seen from a club in Europe. They don't even need to play particularly well, yet they can will the ball into the opposition goal somehow.

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think either opponent would likely get smashed. They're both top sides, either one would be tricky to face in the final.

We... err... play City much more regularly than we ever play against Real Madrid xD

I don't care. I'm just totally free up with their Champions league consistency and want to see them drop out of semi finals for a few years

7 hours ago, Lucas said:

My old man has supported City since the 60's so I wanted them to win it once for him. There are several fans that have supported them before they became the club they are now. No different to the Chelsea fans before Roman going through what they have done. Its those I feel for most as a football fan because they tend to be more grounded and realistic about things.

I sincerely hope there's more than several?

8 hours ago, Cicero said:

Question for Real is who takes Salah out this time. 

That's what I worried about!!

8 hours ago, Spike said:

Liverpool are going to lose like Atletico Madrid

And your reason is what?

8 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Come on Sterling you diving cunt, get us a penalty :ph34r:

I have to have a giggle at a Citeh fan saying that.

• Subscriber

Well that was quite the finish to a pretty cagey match. My biggest observation is how does Casemiro leave that pitch without a yellow card, he can't keep getting away with this! Legit though his first two tackles in a vacuum where both easily yellows and the third was super cynical as well which easily should have earned him a yellow in accumulations. Shit boggles my mind.

• Subscriber

I don't like the fact that this team is matching up with us in the finals. They have some very weird voodoo working in their favor and I feel like they are now favorites for their next CL title.  

Not like City got undone by Real's voodoo. Pep is the master of his own downfall there.

• Administrator

Real will have the luxury of resting players as their title is already won in Spain. Wonder when Liverpool will rest theirs given all the comps they're still in. 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Real will have the luxury of resting players as their title is already won in Spain. Wonder when Liverpool will rest theirs given all the comps they're still in. 

There's six days between the final league game and the final which seems ideal. Liverpool will rotate two, three or four each game because of the situation but they're always better with the momentum of a game every four or five days anyway. The last thing Klopp would want is a big break for his first eleven before the final.

Strange that two of the richest clubs on the planet in City and PSG can't spend enough or bring in enough talent to win this trophy even once... Just have to hope that Liverpool can get some kind of revenge in the final.. 

image.thumb.png.d8678c5ba127238f58facd3ddef86831.png

46 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You need some defenders that can defend, not a striker.

Well De Bruyne is our top scorer with 11 goals so we defo need a striker :4_joy: ..on tell Walker went off we was doing great, they had 1 shot on target in 90mins and lets not forget we have the best defensive record in the premier league just need some better backups

• The title was changed to Real Madrid (6) aet3-1 (5) Man City - Wednesday 4th May, 2022
  • Subscriber

I'm surprised how many people are just assuming that Liverpool would rather play Real Madrid in a European final than Man City. It's a toss up for me. City clearly have a better team than Real Madrid but we've just seen last night a massive reminder of how likely they'd be to bottle it in the final. The counter-argument is that Man City might fare better against another English team in a Champions League final but it didn't help them last season.

I'm seeing people blaming Pep. You can't blame pep for the players not taking chances and letting a lead slip in the first leg then crumble in the 90th and 92nd minute. That's down to the players. 

As somebody watching it who didn't give a 💩 who went through it wee 2 of the best games I've watched in a semi final for a long time.. 

Good luck Madrid in the final 🏆 

• Administrator
Just now, Claret and Blue said:

I'm seeing people blaming Pep. You can't blame pep for the players not taking chances and letting a lead slip in the first leg then crumble in the 90th and 92nd minute. That's down to the players. 

I think he has to shoulder some of the blame for taking off two of his most influential players (De Bruyne & Mahrez). De Bruyne, especially. He controls games for Man City. It was almost some kind of mental block that had been lifted for Real the moment he left the pitch. 

It's a shame Walker had to go off as they looked pretty solid - not saying that's Pep's fault though. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived