talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Semi-Final - Tuesday 27th June - Spain U21 3-1 Italy U21

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a beautiful clash with two very talented sides, especially the Spain side full of hallmark names.  Unfortunately I won't be able to watch it live as I have an important dinner to attend tonight. :(

I think I'm right in saying that both Spain and Italy have won the U21 European Championships the most times.

5 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Bellerin, Gaya, Asensio, Sandro, Saul, Iñaki, Denis....Spain have too much quality. A lot of these players they have are regular first teamers for solid teams.

What's Spain's best XI?

Is it better than this?

Werner

Sané - Draxler - Brandt

Goretzka - Weigl

Gerhardt - Tah - Süle - Kimmich

Pollersbeck

• Administrator

This semi-final is a bit less intense than the one earlier.

2 teams cancelling each other out and not many chances being created. Needs a goal to spark it in to life. 

• Administrator

and there we have it.

precise through ball to Saul and the Atletico Madrid midfielder tucks it away from the edge of the box with his left foot. A great goal. 

• Administrator

gets worse for Italy as Gagliardini sees red. 

He's committed a lot of fouls in the game so can't really complain with the decision. 

• Administrator

Italy equalise!! Against the odds! 

Bernadeschi fires one in with his left-foot just outside the box. He's been looking to shoot on that side all game and finally gets one away. 

4 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Italy to win it

5 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Said it a few months ago, saul, herrera and Pogba would dominate the EPL for years, but unfortunately i dont see atletico selling him anytime soon 

You are worthless.

Just finished watching the highlights because I missed the game...  Obviously highlights don't tell a whole story, but this young Spain side does have a wonderful array of talent and the most interesting factor is that it's rather diverse for the first time ever.  They're not all the same and that gives a coach many more options.

Italy have some fantastic talents too and aside from a couple of players intent on being over physical throughout the tournament including tonight, there is something about this young Italian side that is completely different to ones of the past.  Also from what I've been told, the younger categories are even more different to your typical Italian game from the past.

Should be a good final though.

• The title was changed to Semi-Final - Tuesday 27th June - Spain U21 3-1 Italy U21
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived