The better place to talk football.

2. Bundesliga 2021/22 - [33. Spieltag] - 6-8th May 2022

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

A bit of hope: We have won 8 out of our last 9 matches against Darmstadt. Darmstadt's last win in Düsseldorf was 34 years ago. 

I'm always wary of things like that, just like your recent unbeaten run. They are bound to end at some point 😬

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'm always wary of things like that, just like your recent unbeaten run. They are bound to end at some point 😬

jim-carrey-dumb-and-dumber.gif

Well, well, well. First of all @Bluewolf stop calling my beautiful city Doodledwarf.

And yes. Good win. Scored the first two goals within 10 minutes? And all in all a great first half. I guess in the 2nd half there was a lot of insecurity within the team. They didn't quite know if they should defend the lead, or go for more. So it was a bit of a mess. Lucky penalty for Darmstadt from my point of view and then it was 2:1, and I lost a lot of lives in the final minutes. But great defending and goalkeeping all in all. Big win against the 2nd in the table. 11 games unbeaten now. 

Also there was a young Asian lady sitting next to me in the stadium today, and I kept wondering where she might be from (as there's also a beauty fair next to the stadium, and there's loads of international visitors). But then I saw her constantly zooming in on Ao Tanaka with her phone, so that was a no brainer in the end. xD

Oh and I was so happy that Emmanuel Iyoha scored his first goal for Fortuna Düsseldorf at last. It was the first time that I saw a Düsseldorf born player score for Düsseldorf. And it felt indeed uniquely different.

Congrats to Schalke for winning the 2. Bundesliga title and gaining promotion back to the Bundesliga. They won a thriller 3-2 against St.Pauli today. Schalke have a very decent team, with Terrode consistently good, while Zalazar was impressive when he came on as a sub, as he scored the winning goal. Equally, Matanovic looks like another very gifted talent and he scored both St. Pauli goals, but alas it wasn't enough to stop Schalke from winning. That loss for St. Pauli means that they are all but mathematically out of the promotion race.

However, from Frankfurt's perspective, they have two really good young talents in Zalazar and Matanovic, both loanees will hopefully return to Frankfurt. Schalke have an option to buy Zalazar at the season's end, but it would be a shame if he left. While Matanovic finishes his loan spell at St. Pauli in the summer of 2023. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Michael said:

Congrats to Schalke for winning the 2. Bundesliga title and gaining promotion back to the Bundesliga.

They haven't won the title yet...

1 hour ago, nudge said:

They haven't won the title yet...

They probably will, but yes, very premature. 

So we need 4 pts, in 2 games, against 2nd last and 13th, and 13th has worse form than 2nd last does in their last 5 games. 

However, a win and a loss kills us, barring miracles. As it would mean either Hamburg or Darmstadt need to drop points for us even to finish 3rd. 
I'm terrified. I think promotion under this manager is the best chance for the club to not get folded in the next 20 years. We need this. I don't care who goes up with us, just get us up there in 2nd Werder❤️ 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

They probably will, but yes, very premature. 

It made me chuckle as it reminded me that one other time when Schalke celebrated their title too early xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived