Norwich vs West Ham

Wednesday 11th May, 2022
Leicester vs Norwich

Watford vs Everton

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Really hoping we can get a point or three at Leicester after their midweek game. It would allow us to feel somewhat ahead of schedule going into Watford/Brentford/Palace.

I think 3 points is possible. Leicester don't really have anything left to play for other than pride and haven't been in great form this season.

The biggest doubt for me from your perspective is Everton's really shit away form. But it's do or die time for you so you've got to be hoping your players are treating every match like a cup final.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Really hoping we can get a point or three at Leicester after their midweek game. It would allow us to feel somewhat ahead of schedule going into Watford/Brentford/Palace.

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think 3 points is possible. Leicester don't really have anything left to play for other than pride and haven't been in great form this season.

The biggest doubt for me from your perspective is Everton's really shit away form. But it's do or die time for you so you've got to be hoping your players are treating every match like a cup final.

It's definitely set up for a 1-0 win. Richarlison, 90'.

10 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Has anything happened with the Richarlison flare throw? 

The Premier League and Football Association have put pressure on authorities to stamp out this faze of getting flares, smoke bombs etc in to grounds given how common its become this season. I would have thought there would be some form of punishment just for the sake of consistency.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Has anything happened with the Richarlison flare throw? 

The Premier League and Football Association have put pressure on authorities to stamp out this faze of getting flares, smoke bombs etc in to grounds given how common its become this season. I would have thought there would be some form of punishment just for the sake of consistency.

I think he's had a fine and a warning for it. The FA and local police were both reportedly looking into it.

I think the whole flares thing is a bit snow-flakey. Everton released a statement before the game when it became clear that the fans were planning to bring smoke bombs to the Chelsea game saying that they weren't permitted but obviously there's only so much they can do. Rules are rules though and I suppose it only takes one silly incident for someone to get hurt. 

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I think he's had a fine and a warning for it. The FA and local police were both reportedly looking into it.

I think the whole flares thing is a bit snow-flakey. Everton released a statement before the game when it became clear that the fans were planning to bring smoke bombs to the Chelsea game saying that they weren't permitted but obviously there's only so much they can do. Rules are rules though and I suppose it only takes one silly incident for someone to get hurt. 

The last part is it really. Given how much they heat up all it takes is for one idiot to hurt themselves or someone else. 

----

Watford this weekend. 

- We had Hull City on the last game of the season in May 2017.

- We had Stoke City at The Britannia in May 2018.

- We had Huddersfield in April 2019 

The last time we regularly had fans in the ground for a whole season there was nothing more that warmed my heart than seeing us put down a dead horse at the end of the season only to never see them return. I'll take great pride in seeing us make up for lost time by putting down both Watford and Everton this season.

• Subscriber

I'll be amazed if we win. The conference league run was the only thing enjoyable about this season and what's already been a flat league campaign is going to somehow get flatter. Against a side with absolutely everything to play for I think it's there for Everton if they want it.

I know they're terrible away but they really couldn't pick a better time to play us. It's somehow even better than the game a few weeks ago.

On 06/05/2022 at 13:41, The Palace Fan said:

Watford this weekend. 

- We had Hull City on the last game of the season in May 2017.

- We had Stoke City at The Britannia in May 2018.

- We had Huddersfield in April 2019 

The last time we regularly had fans in the ground for a whole season there was nothing more that warmed my heart than seeing us put down a dead horse at the end of the season only to never see them return. I'll take great pride in seeing us make up for lost time by putting down both Watford and Everton this season.

The longer this game goes on the more I want Roy to have some luck :(

• Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Thought that tag only went to people in Semi Finals... :ph34r:

At least we got to the semi-final of our European competition :ph34r:

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

If we had been playing in the non league version of the CL I am sure we would have as well.... B|

I'm not so sure :P 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived