talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 36 Matches - 7-11th May, 2022

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Our away end has been absolutely fantastic as well.

They have to be fair. It only took the serious threat of relegation for them to realise that having a bit of fun at the match and properly getting behind the team was better than being full of hate for anything and everything.

• Administrator

You're welcome @randiia3

Truly and embarrassingly awful from us. I do wonder if Rodgers will be here for summer. 

Some of his choices have become a bit bizarre. 

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

They have to be fair. It only took the serious threat of relegation for them to realise that having a bit of fun at the match and properly getting behind the team was better than being full of hate for anything and everything.

Rent free ✅

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Rent free ✅

At least this thread is actually about an Everton game. xD The lad does believe everything he reads on The Anfield Wrap though it seems.

Just going to drop this selective 2 second clip here I saw yesterday to see if it winds anyone up.

:ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Rent free ✅

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

At least this thread is actually about an Everton game. xD The lad does believe everything he reads on The Anfield Wrap though it seems.

Just going to drop this selective 2 second clip here I saw yesterday to see if it winds anyone up.

:ph34r:

I was praising your fans for finally realising that getting behind the team is better than getting on their backs every week or chatting shit about 'Kopite behaviour'?

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

It was brilliant. Best away here all season. Your fans have really turned up this last month or so.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Why are you tagging some random spammer 🤣

Was on my phone walking back out the ground and tagged the wrong person xD 

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

1 hour ago, Dan said:

It was brilliant. Best away here all season. Your fans have really turned up this last month or so.

Agreed. It was superb. The chant that was going on for about 20 mins after the 2nd goal I think was great.

As for us, there's just a general malaise around the club it seems. I don't think it's even about not having anything to play for. There should be plenty to play for, if not for themselves but at least for the fans. 

Fofana the only one that comes out of that with any credit to be honest.

• Administrator

Not seen any of the Pickford saves back but from where I was they were outstanding.

The shot from Barnes (which really he should have buried with power) and the save from Mendy in particular. The latter probably more difficult given the distance and dive, but he kept Everton in the game today.

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Not seen any of the Pickford saves back but from where I was they were outstanding.

The shot from Barnes (which really he should have buried with power) and the save from Mendy in particular. The latter probably more difficult given the distance and dive, but he kept Everton in the game today.

Pickford has won us (at least) 4 points over the last two games single-handedly. Just wait until he concedes from a free header whilst arguably being half a yard out of position next weekend though so we can get a week of Talksport banging on about how inconsistent he is.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Pickford has won us (at least) 4 points over the last two games single-handedly. Just wait until he concedes from a free header whilst arguably being half a yard out of position next weekend though so we can get a week of Talksport banging on about how inconsistent he is.

He nearly went walkabout right at the end though if I remember correctly. Castagne's header could have looped over if he connected right.

He has won you points more than just the last 2 games to be fair. Very, very important recently though.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Not enough has been made of how terrible of a job Brendan Rogers has done this season.

I'm glad a neutral has said it and it makes me think I'm not overreaacting. We've been appalling virtually all season. I've heard every excuse in the book but things haven't changed and that result earlier, it's just criminal. We're at the 9th of May and we're still not actually mathematically safe. How do you go from 5th in the league to this?

I saw a lot of this coming a while ago as well. I said it many a time throughout the season but we were getting mediocre at best results and we were often fortunate to even be getting that if you judged it on our actual creativity of chances and general defending.

We need a new direction now. It's all well and good saying give him the first X games of next season but I don't really see how the pros of doing that outweigh the cons. We allow him another summer, cross our fingers that the fundamental issues go away (blind faith I think they call it) and then just pull the trigger in the autumn when we could've allowed somebody else to shape the squad for their own objectives going forward.

I may be harsh and fairly ruthless but I play the numbers game. I want us to be proactive here. I didn't think there was any chance he'd go but hearing the owner was there today I think they've got to see quite how bleak it's gone. It was toxic there today. The conference league was the only thing keeping our season going and we went out of that with a typically limp performance.

Rodgers out.

• Subscriber

I know some people on here hate expected goals but if you don't, then here - only Burnley, Norwich and Watford have been poorer than us for them this season.

We've got to wake up. It's abject stuff. This squad is so much better than this. I still think it's better than West Ham & Wolves' squads and the fact we've been reduced to a position where that could be deemed laughable is infuriating.

Fucking dog shit.

• Subscriber

His post match today was an absolute disgrace as well. I know he's always been a bit of a waffler but I can overlook post match comments a lot of the time as I don't think they 'really' matter. But he's genuinely said that we were happy just to survive before he got here.

Even if you overlook 2015/16 as a miracle that's just outright bollocks. That hasn't once been the case since 2016. Puel got hounded out of here and I'm genuinely at a point where I don't think even he was this bad in a particular season. We weren't any worse than this put it that way.

The self preservation and changing of the goalposts is just too much now. I'm starting to really, really dislike him. That's an absolute insult to the ownership who've reinvented things somewhat since the ecstasy of the Ranieri era. He had fucking good tools here. How can you inherit a squad with Vardy, Schmeichel, Evans, Ricardo, Maddison, Tielemans, Chilwell, Iheanacho, Ndidi, Soyuncu and others I've probably missed and even say that? A team like Watford would have fucking statues of any of those players by now.

He's lost the fans now I think. I think he'd lost them for the most part after Forest but the conference league provided a bit of a distraction, but ultimately we came up short in that too. Poll on Foxestalk with 500 votes has just 22% voting Rodgers to stay.

It's one thing underperforming but to insult the intelligence of the fans, and the owners as well like that. Disgraceful comments and he can fuck off.

On 07/05/2022 at 18:29, The Palace Fan said:

It's OK Roy. You're not one of them 🤗.

Roy decided to take a load of wedge on a promise that wouldn't have ever work out. Fair play to him. He got them back into some sort of control but the issue with the  Watford is with the Owners. To bring Watford back into contention, they need to be prepared to spend wisely. I would suggest the people at Watford pay attention to what Brentford are doing. Watford also need to find a manager who has the bollocks to tell the Possi clan that they're stupid.

Without a manager with a plan and a vision,  Watford will stay in the Championship and maybe even worse

• The topic was unpinned

Archived