talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 5-0 Newcastle - Sunday 8th May, 2022

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You only have to look at our record at the ettihad the last 12 years,  add the fact that most of the team that started are Mike Ashley players and you have a typical result.   I can't remember a time we went to the ettihad and kept it to under 3.     

It may have been a diffferent game if wood scores that freebie,  and Wilson had two chances but due to rust he wasn't there.    Maybe another day we lose this 3-2 to make a change of scenery.   

They just can't play at the ettihad,  its an allergic reaction. 

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We always hammer West Ham (no pun intended :4_joy:)  ..Wolves could be tricky midweek with our defensive crisis

How can you not like the suggestion about West Ham beating you but then think Wolves might do you over xD 

Wolves form is worse than West Ham!

• The title was changed to Man City 5-0 Newcastle - Sunday 8th May, 2022
  • Subscriber

Moyes is one of those managers who gets his fair share of scalps against the top few teams but it usually happens by taking advantage of them being distracted or on a wobble, and rarely when they have everything to play for. I suppose that's true of most times the top teams lose though to be fair.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

How can you not like the suggestion about West Ham beating you but then think Wolves might do you over xD 

Wolves form is worse than West Ham!

Before WHU won today there form was the same and like i've just pointed out, we nearly always hammer west ham and with Dias going off injured it could be a problem for the Wolves game who we play in 3 days, Laporte is the only fit CB and he's carrying a knock too, Ake & Stones wont be 100%

25 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Before WHU won today there form was the same and like i've just pointed out, we nearly always hammer west ham and with Dias going off injured it could be a problem for the Wolves game who we play in 3 days, Laporte is the only fit CB and he's carrying a knock too, Ake & Stones wont be 100%

They knocked you out of the League Cup this season

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Lol what

Media love Liverpool, come on mate. 

Pep's been losing his marbles for ages though, to be fair.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Media love Liverpool, come on mate. 

Pep's been losing his marbles for ages though, to be fair.

I knew you'd pick up on the media bit. That wasn't the bit I was questioning though.

• Subscriber

The media is Liverpool-heavy, always has been. The bit about the whole country though? Not sure. Your average football fan probably doesn't want Liverpool to win the league because they're more likely to know a Liverpool fan who'll be insufferable about it than a Man City one. Neutrals without any obvious rivalry-based excuses should probably be backing Liverpool though given City's odious ownership.

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I knew you'd pick up on the media bit. That wasn't the bit I was questioning though.

Okay.

Ultimately, couldn't care less who wins the title. Just want some drama on the final day. 

It's generally boring as a neutral whenever someone has won with spare games to go. Same for the relegation battle.

I remember when the Premier League was on Fox Australia the pundits sucked off Liverpool and Man United at every opportunity. Even when they weren’t playing, you’d have Robbie Slater reminiscing about winning the league with Blackburn but in the same sentence wishing how he played for Liverpool instead.

Newcastle need to drop Wood and S Maximan and get a real striker in. Almerron (Sp) isn't a great striker but he's a like a dog chasing a ball and so he's useful. S Maximan spend too much time  with his head down tying to run around people and it never works. He's like Traore sans oil. Wood is just a tall lump who would only score occasionally.

7 hours ago, patoriku66 said:

Newcastle need to drop Wood and S Maximan and get a real striker in. Almerron (Sp) isn't a great striker but he's a like a dog chasing a ball and so he's useful. S Maximan spend too much time  with his head down tying to run around people and it never works. He's like Traore sans oil. Wood is just a tall lump who would only score occasionally.

it will need to happen, Wilson showed what any kind of forward can do and he has been out since December.   

ASM is an ego we don't need, he is our Paul Pogba.

Good things will be on the horizon

• The topic was unpinned

Archived