talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

8 hours ago, nudge said:

Now official!

Interesting one, I have heard mixed reports that he is done in terms of being able to cover the pitch, but he can still pass the ball. I am choosing to be optimistic and really hope he can help take us higher in the table.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Rebel Yelle said:

Interesting one, I have heard mixed reports that he is done in terms of being able to cover the pitch, but he can still pass the ball. I am choosing to be optimistic and really hope he can help take us higher in the table.

I think it's a good no-risk transfer... Transfer fee less than a million, significantly lowered wage requirements, not even 30 yet, and definitely more than enough talent to be useful for any mid-table club with Europa spot aspirations. I'm especially happy since he's the type of player we needed as we barely had any cover for injury prone Bargfrede, and with Käuper now injured until October too, we didn't have any backup in defensive midfield at all. Sahin might be a bit slow and not at his best anymore, but he certainly gives us more options and as you said, he can still pass the ball an has a good vision and intelligence. Considering how many players have found their old form at Bremen before, I'm very optimistic and think it's a good deal by Baumann.

I saw his first game for BVB against 04 years ago and we got together occasionally whilst my daughter was at Uni in Liverpool.  He is still part of my BL Fantasy team but no points recently so now there is a chance to start and get some more.  We all know what happened to Mesut when he trusted his game to Werder so here's hoping for a repeat but finding another Diego will be hard!!!!  Good luck to him and nudge!

• Subscriber

First updates on Pavlenka: luckily no fractures! Suspected concussion, and he will spend the night in hospital, but it seems it is much better than it looked! Still that's four injured keepers now with only Luca Plogmann available, lucky it's international break next week...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

We have just signed Romano Schmid from Salzburg for about 1 million; he's expected to go on loan at first though. Love it, seen a bit of him when he was making his breakthrough in Graz but then sadly joined Red Bull and picked up an injury after a while... For me one of the most talented youngsters in Austria, hope he makes it at Bremen.

On 24/09/2018 at 10:08, nudge said:

Our new official podcast is great.

@Relling you might be interested! I especially recommend #5 with Jürgen L. Born; it's great!

I love team's podcasts. How many teams have one? I'm sure BvB and Bayern, but I'm not sure where to find a list of all of the team's podcast? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/01/2019 at 01:18, nudge said:

So we apparently agreed to sell Florian Kainz to Köln for 3.3m + potential 0.5m future promotion bonus O.o 

Yeah.........

I fucking hate this club sometimes

Is Gnabry available. I want good players back.

Edited by Devil-Dick Willie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Fin Bartels is finally back after an injury that kept him sidelined for over a year... Just started for our U23s in the Regionalliga match against Flensburg! Not much impact so far but he definitely looks hungry for football again.