talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

1. That's too much. 

2. Kruse, Osako, the shite yank, Pizarro, Harnik, Sargent, Bartels already... Seems excessive. 

1. Agreed... That said, it's probably the way the transfer fees are now. He's got a 12m release clause apparently; Gladbach offered 10m for him a while ago. Does sound too expensive for me as well though.

2. Hmmm yes a bit too excessive as it stands now. Johannsson's contract is expiring this year and I can't imagine him getting a new one. Pizarro might be retiring (maaaybe haha); Kruse's future is unclear at this moment as his contract expires as well. I love Fin but I'm afraid he is not going to make a proper comeback anymore. That injury was just too serious, he's not the youngest anymore and now injured again after just one match :( Then it's Osako, Harnik, Sargent and Johannes Eggestein. I'm a big fan of Füllkrug and would love to have him back but not at the expense of strengthening other areas of the team... 

Now moving to some positive news...

:x:x:x

Now it's Maxi's turn!

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Now it's Kruse's turn to extend his contract.

Absolutely. We need him and he needs us as I'm pretty sure he won't find such an easy-going, calm environment to play his football and be given all his freedoms on and off the pitch while also being the captain and the key figure in the team. 

Regardless of Kruse's future though, I'm very happy that we managed to bind our best talents on long term contracts. With the Eggestein brothers, Sargent, Rashica and a few youngsters expected to come through our youth ranks in the next few years + Kohfeldt in charge our future looks quite bright. What a nice change.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Eco said:

How many trainings are open to the public? 

Atlanta united get 1 a year. 

Most of them are open to public normally and the club informs about the closed ones in advance...

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

:o

Yeah we discussed it with DDW earlier in this thread. Werder want to do an in-depth examination of his knee before signing him; other than that it seems that we agreed all terms with Hannover and Füllkrug already. I'm a big fan of Lücke and I'd definitely welcome him back but I hope signing him doesn't mean we'll neglect other areas of the team that need strengthening. Badly need a proper defensive midfielder in particular as Bargfrede just spends way too much of the season injured. 

• Subscriber

Not official yet but according to Bremen media sources Füllkrug has successfully passed his medical and the deal is as good as done. Allegedly 7 million € (including bonuses) transfer fee.

Brilliant - we're already doing it again and the season isn't even over yet.  Somebody please buy some of the older rubbish we have and (Pink Floyd) 'leave our kids alone':S

PS - of course, he is Free Transfer - normal business for us!

Edited by SchalkeUK

Recent intercept from Gelsenkirchen Telephone  Centre

"Hallo Mr Peters, Klaus Filbry here.  I would like to ask if you would be prepared to let us have Benjamin Goller for next season?"

"Good morning, Klaus, who do you say Banjamin who?"

"Goller"

"Just a moment - Huub, I have a request for Benjamin Goller - what do you think?"

"Benjamin who?"

"Goller"

"Is he one of ours?"

"I think so"

"I don't know him so if they want him no problem"

"Yes Klaus - he is probably only costing us his wages, so he is yours if you want!"

JOB DONE:dam:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Bargfrede underwent yet another knee surgery and will be out for months again :( His career has been completely ruined with injuries.

Hopefully Baumann finds a proper replacement in defensive midfield for him finally.