talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

Two years ago we left our house and moved into a ne flat.  Just before we left I was involved in defeating a local plan to build 63 houses on land adjoining my old property which was not easy, but successful.  If you need any help if they try and put a few houses between the half-way line and the goal posts my experience is available should you need it!  Sadly I had help from an old friend who was taken from us (our local MP and lovely person) but this weekend we are remembering her  in a number of local events.  If Wohninvest  are in it for the long haul and intend to give great support - good luck to you all.  Perhaps their Academy can bring on a few useful footballers who can build your team in a new way!!

It could help those young guys to work as real estate agents if they can't make it to the first team.

Which makes me wonder if the careers of young Manuel and young Benni would have worked out the same way if something like that wouldve happened in Gelsenkirchen. Sure - it could be very supportive but we don't know what could have been or how it could have changed their way of thinking. Not only in terms of football. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Eco said:

Wow - 

Yeah - I follow this little dude on Twitter since I heard about his passion when he presented his Lego stadium in Mainz. Gotta love his dedication! The kid loves German football...

Weserstadion is coming along nicely!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah - I follow this little dude on Twitter since I heard about his passion when he presented his Lego stadium in Mainz. Gotta love his dedication! The kid loves German football...

I have never heard of him, but hi stuff looks fantastic. 

I wish I could see a collection of all his stadiums, and not all the media he's posted. 

22 minutes ago, nudge said:

Wohninvest Weserstadion. So viel Zeit muss sein :ph34r:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Brilliant news - apparently Werder has extended Kohfeldt's contract already!

Interesting that apparently Schalke and Gladbach have both approached him this season and only signed their new managers after Kohfeldt rejected their offers.

In other news it seems that we're also close to signing Marko Grujic on a two season loan from Liverpool as both clubs and the player reached an agreement apparently. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/07/2019 at 17:02, nudge said:

We reportedly agreed terms with Gregoritsch already; still need to reach an agreement on a transfer fee with Augsburg.

That'd be a superb signing for you. I've always rated Gregoritsch. Actually managed to get him to Fortuna on FM after years of trying :ph34r:xD

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Tommy said:

That'd be a superb signing for you. I've always rated Gregoritsch. Actually managed to get him to Fortuna on FM after years of trying :ph34r:xD

36 minutes ago, Tommy said:

:( 

Yeah... Gregoritsch was Kohfeldt's preferred player and he also wanted to join us it seems, but Augbsurg's demands are just too much for us. Especially given that we already spent money on Füllkrug and Friedl, and are apparently looking for a defensive midfielder and a fullback still. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Faithcore said:

I still think Gregoritsch will join Bremen this summer. 

Absolutely possible given the way that Frank "Poker Face" Baumann deals in the transfer market xD 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

A short friendly tournament today with Osnabrück and Köln. Second half is currently starting in our first match against Osnabrück; VfL lead 1-0. A lot of U23 players; looking forward to the Köln match with probably more first team regulars.

• Subscriber

Lost 0-1 against Osnabrück and won 1-0 against Köln (Sargent scored late in the game). Looked pretty good at the back; even with Veljkovic and Langkamp both missing due to injuries. Early to judge at this point in the pre-season but creativity seems to be lacking; although we should look better when Maxi Eggestein plays as he's more or less the main link between our defence and attack.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

@nudge We signing greg boy or not?

Still unclear at this point. He wants to come and he's also Kohfeldt's transfer wish so it could still happen as in the end it's only a question of agreeing the transfer fee. I think a lot depends on whether or not we manage to sign Henrichs on a two season loan - if it happens, then I think we'll sign Gregoritsch as well. If not, then the money will probably be invested into defense especially given all the latest injuries.

• Upvote 1