talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• Subscriber

Some good news: Rashica and Bittencourt are both fit for the Frankfurt match tomorrow. Also, Füllkrug and Toprak will both join the team training this week, and might be available for the Paderborn match.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Some good news: Rashica and Bittencourt are both fit for the Frankfurt match tomorrow. Also, Füllkrug and Toprak will both join the team training this week, and might be available for the Paderborn match.

That's bad news, not good news! :S

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Despite their huge win today, Werder will quickly be focussing on the upcoming play-offs. No doubt they will also be following tomorrow's 2. Bundesliga matches to see who they are going to meet in the 2 legged face off. If Werder manage to remain in the Bundesliga, they will likely be able to keep hold of most of their key players, which will be a real boost for their future ambitions. 

Rashica is the most in demand player of theirs, but there is even a small chance that he could remain with them if they stay up. 

Edited by Michael

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Despite their huge win today, Werder will quickly be focussing on the upcoming play-offs. No doubt they will also be following tomorrow's 2. Bundesliga matches to see who they are going to meet in the 2 legged face off. If Werder manage to remain in the Bundesliga, they will likely be able to keep hold of most of their key players, which will be a real boost for their future ambitions. 

Rashica is the most in demand player of theirs, but there is even a small chance that he could remain with them if they stay up. 

Rashica is definitely leaving. I'd even wager a bet and say that the transfer is already arranged.

If we stay up, we have to sign Bittencourt and Toprak, Selke's loan is for 18 months I believe, so we only have to sign him if we manage to stay up for two seasons in a row. Still, that's a lot of money for us, and it would be financed through Rashica's sale, no doubt. The only question is, how much do we get for him. As a club that has been regularly under-selling key players, I worry about the same scenario with Rashica too.

19 minutes ago, nudge said:

Rashica is definitely leaving. I'd even wager a bet and say that the transfer is already arranged.

If we stay up, we have to sign Bittencourt and Toprak, Selke's loan is for 18 months I believe, so we only have to sign him if we manage to stay up for two seasons in a row. Still, that's a lot of money for us, and it would be financed through Rashica's sale, no doubt. The only question is, how much do we get for him. As a club that has been regularly under-selling key players, I worry about the same scenario with Rashica too.

Yeah, it's very likely that Rashica will leave. RB Leipzig, Hertha Berlin, Wolverhampton Wanderers, West Ham, Aston Villa, Brighton and AC Milan have all been linked with him. I just read an article which was written after today's win, that was eulogizing Rashica as a player. The article suggests that Werder should build their future around the Albanian forward. But yeah, the odds on him leaving are high, especially as Werder could really do with the money. If Werder stay up, I believe Rashica's release clause stands at 38 million euros. That's a lot of money for Werder and I think that several clubs might be willing to pay that amount for Rashica.

I am sure Werder will hold out for 38 million euros if they stay up. They would be a little daft to let an in demand player of his calibre, to leave for much less than that.

Edited by Michael

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yeah, it's very likely that Rashica will leave. RB Leipzig, Hertha Berlin, Wolverhampton Wanderers, West Ham, Aston Villa, Brighton and AC Milan have all been linked with him. I just read an article which was written after today's win, that was eulogizing Rashica as a player. The article suggested that Werder should build their future around the Albanian forward. But yeah, the odds on him leaving are high, especially as Werder could really do with the money. If Werder stay up, I believe Rashica's release clause stands at 38 million euros if Werder manage to remain in the Bundesliga. That's a lot of money for Werder and I think that several clubs might be willing to pay that amount for Rashica.

I am sure Werder will hold out for 38 million euros if they stay up. They would be a little daft to let an in demand player of his calibre, to leave for much less than that.

Hope it's some English club we can rip off completely :ph34r: But I could see him leaving for RB Leipzig.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hope it's some English club we can rip off completely :ph34r: But I could see him leaving for RB Leipzig.

Yeah, to be honest an English club would seem his most likely destination on the face of it. Most English clubs have a lot of money and 38 million euros is not seen as shit load of money anymore in English football. He could go to RB Leipzig, but I would have thought Leipzig would like to buy Schick and Angelino outright. Both have been relative successes since they joined RB. The option to buy Schick stands at 28 milllion, while Angelino would cost 30 million. I know RB Leipzig have just received a lot of money from the sale of Werner, but I doubt that they will spend big money transfers on all of Schick, Angelino and Rashica. That would be a lot of money, even for their standards. But we will have to wait and see what they decide.

In addition to the English clubs I mentioned above, both Liverpool and Southampton are seemingly also interested in him. Then there is also AC Milan, who will have a budget of around 75 million to spend this summer. Plus they will have Rangnick, who apparently knows Rashica well and really admires him as a player. Anyway, it will be interesting to see where he ends up, because he's certainly in high demand  right now.

Edited by Michael
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Some videos of the team dressing room, bus and plane celebrationsxD Think it's safe to say that everyone is very hungover today :4_joy: Also it's amusing that we celebrate avoiding relegation more than some teams (ahem) celebrate winning the title xD 

• Haha 1

Okay, now with a clear head.

Step 1. Cut some deadwood. Don't extend Selkes loan,  bin any defender who can't play at least 25 games of a fucking season. Osako, your little run of 'form' at the end there won't save you you little pushover. 
Step 2. We're losing Selke (thank fuck) Osako (hopefully) and Pizarro. Bartels has more grey in his hair than Pizarro does. Buy Fulkrug a friend. One who's not a 120 pound Japanese lady.
Step 3. If liverpool can hire a coach specifically for throw ins, we can hire a defensive trainer who specializes in defending set pieces. Heck, a seminar with Mertesacker might do the trick. Just get it done.
Step 4. When Milot goes, reinvest some of the money, wisely if possible you dumb old cunt pieces of shit.
Step 5. Whatever happened to that nice ice hockey dude? Thomas Eichin. He brought in some nice players on a freakishly shoestring budget. Get him back

• Haha 1