talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Okay, now with a clear head.

Step 1. Cut some deadwood. Don't extend Selkes loan,  bin any defender who can't play at least 25 games of a fucking season. Osako, your little run of 'form' at the end there won't save you you little pushover. 
Step 2. We're losing Selke (thank fuck) Osako (hopefully) and Pizarro. Bartels has more grey in his hair than Pizarro does. Buy Fulkrug a friend. One who's not a 120 pound Japanese lady.
Step 3. If liverpool can hire a coach specifically for throw ins, we can hire a defensive trainer who specializes in defending set pieces. Heck, a seminar with Mertesacker might do the trick. Just get it done.
Step 4. When Milot goes, reinvest some of the money, wisely if possible you dumb old cunt pieces of shit.
Step 5. Whatever happened to that nice ice hockey dude? Thomas Eichin. He brought in some nice players on a freakishly shoestring budget. Get him back

Step 1: I'm afraid Selke's loan is valid for another season (we loaned him out for 18 months), and if we don't get relegated next season, we HAVE to buy him for 15 million.
Step 2: as above. Selke stays. We're losing Vogt though.
Step 5: Thomas Eichin is Leverkusen's chief of youth development as of 1st of July, so you can forget that - I'm afraid Baumann is there to stay.

Also in addition to that: it seems Augustinsson is set to leave as well.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Never rated Augie as much as you, but well need a left back and right back.

Selke stays? Close all the pie shops

I think we'll need quite a few new signings this summer. A right back (probably won't happen, as I think it will be up for Theo and Agu to cover that), a left back (if Augustinsson leaves), a proper defensive midfielder, a central midfielder (if Klaassen leaves), a replacement for Rashica. Won't be easy to restructure the squad, given our financial means...

6 hours ago, nudge said:

Step 1: I'm afraid Selke's loan is valid for another season (we loaned him out for 18 months), and if we don't get relegated next season, we HAVE to buy him for 15 million.
Step 2: as above. Selke stays. We're losing Vogt though.
Step 5: Thomas Eichin is Leverkusen's chief of youth development as of 1st of July, so you can forget that - I'm afraid Baumann is there to stay.

Also in addition to that: it seems Augustinsson is set to leave as well.

Please noooooo!:S

You would think that with the prospective sale of Rashica for £33 million plus this summer, that Werder would have the resources to keep the rest of their better players. I would prefer to flog off a player like Osako, where I agree with Devil-Dick that he is a bit of a lightweight, despite his eagerness. 

There are plenty of bargain players that Bremen could bring in and benefit from, they just need to do their homework. 

Augustinson is no Garcia. 

Heres what I hope for. 

--------------------------------------------Pavlenka------------------------------------------

Someone good---Someone good----Veljkovic---------Someone good
----------------------------------------Someone good----------------------------------------
---------------------Maximum eggfactor--------------Klassen-------------------------
Bittencourt? --------------------------Fulkrug------------------------Someone good
Subs. gebre, Selke, Jojo, friedl, Bargfrede, dude, kapino

Heres what I fear

-----------------------------------------Pavlekna-----------------------------------------------
gebre-------------Friedl------------------------------Veljkovic-----------Some dude
---------------------------------------------Dude---------------------------------------------------
-------------Bittencourt-----------------------------------Max eggs----------------------
---------------------------------------------Klassen------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------Sargent-------------Fulkrug-------------------------------------

Midfield diamonds give me PTSD

• Subscriber

Kohfeldt is set to stay, official confirmation is expected tomorrow in a press conference. His requirements for improvements all around the team (medical department, coaching staff, etc.) were accepted by the club, and he rejected talks with Hoffenheim. 

• Subscriber

We're apparently in talks with Patrick Erras. Would be a good signing; a proper defensive midfielder on a free transfer. 

No news on Kruse.

Christian Groß will stay in the first team for next season. 

Romano Schmid and Manuel Mbom return from their loan clubs and will be part of the first team, too.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/07/2020 at 15:46, nudge said:

It appears Kruse will return :x

I think it's very likely that Kruse will return and what a boost that would be for Werder's attack. Kruse will keep fellow regular forwards Fullkrug, Sargent, Selke and Osako on their toes if he joins.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Michael said:

I think it's very likely that Kruse will return and what a boost that would be for Werder's attack. Kruse will keep fellow regular forwards Fullkrug, Sargent, Selke and Osako on their toes if he joins.

Kruse as #10, with Lücke and Selke upfront. Schmid and Osako as backup for Kruse, Sargent for Selke if the latter underperforms again, Woltemade as a young talent. Quite tasty... Don't know where to put Bittencourt though. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Kruse as #10, with Lücke and Selke upfront. Schmid and Osako as backup for Kruse, Sargent for Selke if the latter underperforms again, Woltemade as a young talent. Quite tasty... Don't know where to put Bittencourt though. 

Forgot about Bittencourt, he is bound to again play a crucial role in Werder's season. There are so many forwards at Werder right now, but Kruse would definitely be a welcome addition, as he would be a starter for sure. He is such an impactful player when he is on form. I have a feeling though that Fullkrug could have quite an impactful season as well, he just needs to avoid getting injuries.

• Subscriber

Pre-season calendar:

Monday, 03.08.2020: Start of the pre-season training
Sunday, 09.08.2020, 13:00: Werder Bremen – Eintracht Braunschweig
Saturday, 15.08.2020: Start of the training camp in Zillertal
Mittwoch, 19.08.2020, 17:00: Werder Bremen – LASK
Monday, 24.08.2020, 13:00: Werder Bremen – SC Austria Lustenau
Tuesday, 25.08.2020: End of the training camp in Zillertal
Saturday, 29.08.2020, 15:00: Werder Bremen – FC Groningen
Saturday, 29.08.2020, 17:15: Werder Bremen – FC St. Pauli
Saturday, 05.09.2020, 15:30: Werder Bremen – Hannover 96

• Subscriber

Bargfrede and Langkamp won't get new contracts and have left the club. Talks with Bartels still ongoing, his future likely depends on whether or not we sell any key players in order to afford new signings.

It's the right decision, although I feel sorry for Bargfrede. If only his career wasn't plagued by injuries :(

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Reckon this can send you in a different direction for next season onwards, @nudge? Can you see it making a big difference with these staff changes?

I don't think it will make a big difference as such; the core of the coaching team stays the same, with it being slimmed down a bit. Zenkovic joining is quite interesting, he worked a lot with youth (Ajax, Salzburg, and last year in Hartberg who had a surprisingly good season), so will hopefully help us in this department. We're also building a new development center, so it looks like a further step in the direction we intend to take (focusing on young talents).

• Upvote 3