talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

9 hours ago, nudge said:

Finally, Jojo Eggestein's midfield experiment is over and he's back to being a striker.

https://www.deichstube.de/news/werder-bremen-johannes-eggestein-neue-position-stuermer-plan-florian-kohfeldt-wechsel-bundesliga-13502751.html

Hopefully he makes a breakthrough and lives up to his potential. Looking pretty good in the pre-season so far.

Now there's hoping Kohfeldt won't seriously consider converting Mbom into a right back.

Team

----------------------------------Pavlenka------------------------------------------
----------------------------------Moisander---------------------------------------
-------------------------Bittencourt---Klaasen--------------------------------
Chong-Osako-Selke-Seargent-Eggestein-Fullkrug-Rashica

We're just copying Chelsea at this point

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Good news: Rashica is likely to stay as the talks with RB break down. 

Bad news: in order to generate money, selling Klaassen might be the alternative if Rashica stays.

We still badly need a proper defensive midfielder. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Rebel Yelle said:

Ugh, talk about robbing Peter to pay Paul. It would be great to keep Rashica but losing Klaasen would create such a hole, especially with Eggestein's fall of a cliff from last year.

It's such a mess, I hoped that for once we would have the squad all sorted early in the pre-season, but it seems this will again take a loooong time to finalise. At this point, I just hope both Rashica and Klaassen stay, even if it means going into the new season with Erras as the only DM.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I recall us beating Chelsea 3-0 not long ago and going on to suck some balls. 

How have we been lining up @nudge

Two formations,  a 4-3-3 with defensive midfielder falling back and the fullbacks going forward, and your beloved 4-4-2 diamond :ph34r:Pretty sure we will use both throughout the season, depending on the opposition.

• Subscriber

Pre-season summary: 7 matches, 7 wins, 24 goals scored, 3 conceded. Selke with most goals (5), followed by Jojo Eggestein (4), Chong and Sargent (3).

2:0 against Eintracht Braunschweig
4:1 against LASK
4:2 against Austria Lustenau 
4:0 against FC Groningen
1:0 against FC St. Pauli
2:0 against Hannover 96
7:0 against BSV Rehden

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Did you guys see the German Sky commercial with Claudio Pizarro? Always puts a smile on my face for some reason. :D 

The one where he dances with the ribbon while the children watch in disappointment and then suddenly jumps onto his couch in his living room? xD 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

The one where he dances with the ribbon while the children watch in disappointment and then suddenly jumps onto his couch in his living room? xD 

Yea, with Freedom from George Michael. xD

• Haha 1

• Administrator
11 hours ago, nudge said:

Pre-season summary: 7 matches, 7 wins, 24 goals scored, 3 conceded. Selke with most goals (5), followed by Jojo Eggestein (4), Chong and Sargent (3).

2:0 against Eintracht Braunschweig
4:1 against LASK
4:2 against Austria Lustenau 
4:0 against FC Groningen
1:0 against FC St. Pauli
2:0 against Hannover 96
7:0 against BSV Rehden

Does it change your opinion on how the season might go before these friendlies were played? 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Does it change your opinion on how the season might go before these friendlies were played? 

Nah, not really. I think our squad is good enough to not be involved in the relegation battle, but then I thought the same last season and we all know how that turned out... xD 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

I honestly think it was more important this season for us to play some simple games and gel as a team and get confidence rather than play a mini cup vs Bayern Dortmund and frankfurt or some shit. Get the team all moving in the right direction and get Selke fit and on the score sheet.

19 minutes ago, nudge said:

Nah, not really. I think our squad is good enough to not be involved in the relegation battle, but then I thought the same last season and we all know how that turned out... xD 

This time we won't lose 6 center backs to injury at the same time hopefully   

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

News from the press conference:

Captain/vice-captain stays the same (Moisander/Klaassen)
Rashica and Mbom are not in the matchday squad against Jena
The players and the club have reached an agreement over further salary reduction.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rebel Yelle said:

I think Moisander is an interesting choice. I don't know how much he will be in the starting line up this season.

I hope Friedl will make a proper breakthrough this season and replace Moisander in the starting XI. That said, I think if Moisander has a good standing and a lot of support in the squad, then it's perfectly fine for him to keep his captain armband even if his playing time will be reduced. 

• Like 1