talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Osako on the wing? That would be a new low for Kohfeldt...

Well, obviously you'd move Bittencourt on the wing and then slide Osako in the middle. 

If that does smell like European Qualification, I don't know what does. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

Well, obviously you'd move Bittencourt on the wing and then slide Osako in the middle. 

If that does smell like European Qualification, I don't know what does. 

Bittencourt actually played on the wing last match, with Mbom, Eggestein and Klaassen in midfield, and I hope that's how it stays. Rashica should be fit for Arminia, though.

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Bittencourt actually played on the wing last match, with Mbom, Eggestein and Klaassen in midfield, and I hope that's how it stays. Rashica should be fit for Arminia, though.

Where would Rashica fit? Surely he wouldn't replaced Bittencourt? 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Where would Rashica fit? Surely he wouldn't replaced Bittencourt? 

Depends on the formation, don't think Rashica will start anyway. But if/when we play with two wingers, then a fit Rashica will definitely be one of them, and the rest including Bittencourt will fight for the other spot. 

Werder Bremen reject opening offer for Davy Klaassen

Werder Bremen have rejected an opening offer from Ajax for 27-year-old Dutch midfielder Davy Klaassen, according to Bild.

The Eredivisie club are preparing a second offer for their former player, whom has officially handed in a transfer request at Werder Bremen, who are willing to allow Klaassen to leave, to cover the transfers of Leonardo Bittencourt and Ömer Toprak.

Ajax offered an initial €7m plus a further €5m in future incentives and whilst a second offer is unlikely to increase in fee, the Dutch side will pay a higher base price for the Dutchman.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah, opened a thread in the transfer rumours area yesterday, but was just talking to myself there anyway xD 

Ajax already increased their initial bid to 9m + 3m in bonuses. No agreement yet, but Klaassen is unlikely to stay. This weekend's game against Arminia might as well be his last one for the club.

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, opened a thread in the transfer rumours area yesterday, but was just talking to myself there anyway xD 

Ajax already increased their initial bid to 9m + 3m in bonuses. No agreement yet, but Klaassen is unlikely to stay. This weekend's game against Arminia might as well be his last one for the club.

Ah, fair enough, my English Bundesliga news source just posted the article earlier today. 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Once upon a time talking to yourself was seen as a sign of insanity or in Medieval times before that communicating with the Devil... Now it's seen as having a focused mind

Only if she does it...

17 hours ago, nudge said:

Ugh that would be sad. Our midfield already seems so weak. Although I saw a rumour on twitter that Stoeger would be brought in as a replacement which would be a nice pickup.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rebel Yelle said:

Ugh that would be sad. Our midfield already seems so weak. Although I saw a rumour on twitter that Stoeger would be brought in as a replacement which would be a nice pickup.

Yes, in my opinion, losing Klaassen would be by far worse than losing Rashica. As you said, our midfield is already way too weak as it is, and I'm really not looking forward to watching a midfield consisting of Möhwald, Eggestein and Osako every weekend... Stöger on a free would be a decent signing, but still feels like loss of quality. Hopefully Klaassen leaving would at least mean more playing time for the likes of Mbom and Schmid.

• Subscriber

From the people with generally reliable inside information: 3 players to leave (Klaassen, Rashica and Jojo Eggestein), 2 new ones to come before the transfer window closes - one of those is reportedly Bentaleb, no info on the second player. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Rebel Yelle said:

Yikes, there seems like they have no plan for the window. Baumann appears to be just reacting with no thought.

We badly need money. The club already applied for a KfW credit a while ago to relieve the financial burden after we lost 30 million Euro income due to corona, the credit hasn't been approved yet so we need to look for other ways to be able to generate money in the worst case scenario... 

We'll see whom Baumann manages to sign tomorrow, in case both Klaassen and Rashica leave. Hard to attract quality with limited financial resources. 

• Like 1

Sad times indeed for Bremen, which really makes the results yesterday and against Schalke massive. Rashica is good, but Bremen have looked good without him. The goal should be survival and hopefully this coronavirus contained and more fans back into the stadiums, and thus more revenue for clubs. 

46 minutes ago, nudge said:

We badly need money. The club already applied for a KfW credit a while ago to relieve the financial burden after we lost 30 million Euro income due to corona, the credit hasn't been approved yet so we need to look for other ways to be able to generate money in the worst case scenario... 

We'll see whom Baumann manages to sign tomorrow, in case both Klaassen and Rashica leave. Hard to attract quality with limited financial resources. 

Ah, I knew about the credit but didn't realize it had not been approved yet. That makes more sense.