talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Ummmm. If we lose Milot and Jojo we will have 1 winger in the squad??? And a loanee at that 

Fuck my life. 

We don't play any wingers at all, simples! Or just play people out of position, it's not as if we haven't been doing it anyway :4_joy:

• Administrator
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Although I'm hearing that Rashica's deal fell through as they waited until the last minute to sign the contract and missed the deadline xD 

@Dan it doesn't just happen to us mate :ph34r: 

(Adrien Silva for reference for anyone else). 

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Dan it doesn't just happen to us mate :ph34r: 

(Adrien Silva for reference for anyone else). 

Strange you tagged me in this thread as I'd seen earlier we wanted Rashica, made me think there was something in it for a second xD

Yes it happened to us. Highly embarrassing all round.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Strange you tagged me in this thread as I'd seen earlier we wanted Rashica, made me think there was something in it for a second xD

Yes it happened to us. Highly embarrassing all round.

That was a fake account reporting our interest in Rashica! 

• Subscriber

Frank Baumann just confirmed in the press conference that we won't be signing any new players. Rashica to Leverkusen deal fell through as there was not enough time to reach an agreement; we wanted to sell him, Leverkusen only wanted a loan deal with an option to buy at the end of the season. 

In my opinion, all this signals just how precarious our actual financial situation is. Here's hoping that Rashica will not throw a tantrum and will finally start playing again, and hopefully Erras, Mbom, Schmid, Woltemade, Agu get their chances this season. If this the direction the club is destined to take, we badly need to develop young, cheap players to survive.

EDIT: yep, confirmed by Baumann too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

One of our players tested positive for corona. Everyone else tested negative, but due to having prolonged contact with the infected one, another player and a staff member will also be in quarantine for 14 days. The team is staying at home and not training today as a precaution, hopefully no more positive tests tomorrow. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

This is the worst possible news. If Osako were injured our results would improve 

Don't worry, he's not fit for the Frankfurt match.

Sargent the only striker now, Woltemade maybe an option although Kohfeldt seems to have decided to play him in midfield, Dinkci might be included in the squad.