talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Stan said:

Chong and the other dude that have missed games due to covid must be back soon? Unless they've not returned negative tests? 

Chong was already in the squad against Hoffenheim. Agu is still in quarantine.

23 hours ago, nudge said:

Don't worry, he's not fit for the Frankfurt match.

Sargent the only striker now, Woltemade maybe an option although Kohfeldt seems to have decided to play him in midfield, Dinkci might be included in the squad. 

I kind of look forward to this. Sargent as the only striker I mean. I think everyone seems to be waiting for him to be a true, main striker. This is the first time and a chance to see what he can really do. Kind of a shit or get off the pot situation.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Rebel Yelle said:

I kind of look forward to this. Sargent as the only striker I mean. I think everyone seems to be waiting for him to be a true, main striker. This is the first time and a chance to see what he can really do. Kind of a shit or get off the pot situation.

I agree, especially considering that developing young players is supposed to be our long-term strategy, it makes even more sense. Wouldn't mind Sargent as the only striker with Rashica and Chong on the wings, Bittencourt as a #10, and Eggestein with Mbom in central midfield, but that's probably too much harakiri against Frankfurt... 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Bleh

What's so bleh about it? He doesn't even have a professional contract, so the cost is extremely low, and while nothing spectacular, he's a cheap solid backup option to have for both CB and especially DM. Reliable when needed, good work rate, calm on the ball, decent passing, wins most of the challenges he goes into. If we suddenly come across a money tree next season and sign a proper defensive midfielder, Groß will be an emergency backup or will go back to U23. But if our financial woes continue or get worse, we'll be glad to have someone who's not on crazy wages and still can play at a decent level...

• Subscriber
Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The low price reflects how fucking awful he is I guess, so we're paying a good rate. 

Fucking awful xD Quite an overexaggeration, no? He made his Bundesliga debut at 31 when the club was in a dire position with all the injuries and relegation threat, did a better job than what was expected from him, performing better than the so-called regulars at times, and still continues to do the same this season. Absolutely deserved contract extension, not sure why such an outrage. It's not as if he's taking the spot of someone else in the squad. Guess it's time for you to accept the new reality of where we are as a club.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Fucking awful xD Quite an overexaggeration, no? He made his Bundesliga debut at 31 when the club was in a dire position with all the injuries and relegation threat, did a better job than what was expected from him, performing better than the so-called regulars at times, and still continues to do the same this season. Absolutely deserved contract extension, not sure why such an outrage. It's not as if he's taking the spot of someone else in the squad. Guess it's time for you to accept the new reality of where we are as a club.

It's not an outrage, it's also well deserved. 

THATS WHAT MAKES IT BLEH. 

I've been accepting the reality of where we are as a club since 2012. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rebel Yelle said:

Rashica is now out to the end of January which is a huge blow both on the field and off. Hard to imagine we will be able to sell him for anything near his value now.

Yes, horrible luck, both for him and the club... Probably best we sell him in the summer, as you said, no chance we're going to get a respectable amount for an injured player.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rebel Yelle said:

Great to see Jojo score against Tottenham even if Hart probably should have stopped it. Is there any clause to bring him back in January? Would either party be interested?

He's been great, I think 7 goals and 2 assists so far? Very happy for him. 

There's no option to recall him, as much as I'm aware. His loan finishes in summer... 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rebel Yelle said:

Sadly he predated my fandom. Same with Diego. I think my favorite midfielder since I became a fan was Junuzović.

I remember when @Tommy was a yellow submarine, Dortmund were scrapping away with Bremen in a close game, and I said Junuzovic and Delaney were better than Sahin at the time. Tommy was outraged. Nex minute Sahin was at Bremen, Delaney was at Dortmund and everyone knows Dortmund were looking at Juno. 

I'd say Ozil just sneaks it over Juno for me. Maybe even Frings too. But far out that lad had heart and talent to burn. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I remember when @Tommy was a yellow submarine, Dortmund were scrapping away with Bremen in a close game, and I said Junuzovic and Delaney were better than Sahin at the time. Tommy was outraged. Nex minute Sahin was at Bremen, Delaney was at Dortmund and everyone knows Dortmund were looking at Juno. 

I'd say Ozil just sneaks it over Juno for me. Maybe even Frings too. But far out that lad had heart and talent to burn. 

Great shout on Delaney, man I miss him. What a signing.

5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

See. I wasn't myself.

-------------------------------Wolf------------------------------
Fritz-----------Wolf-----------Lukimya------Schmitz
--------------------Wesley--------Ekici----------------------
Hajirovic-------------------------------------------------Elia
---------------------Arnautovic---Osako-------------------

Fuck this team

Anyways, it's looking very likely that we MUST win at least 2 of our fixtures in the 3 match bubble of Hannover, Mainz and Union, or we'll be fighting for our lives again. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

-------------------------------Wolf------------------------------
Fritz-----------Wolf-----------Lukimya------Schmitz
--------------------Wesley--------Ekici----------------------
Hajirovic-------------------------------------------------Elia
---------------------Arnautovic---Osako-------------------

Why the fuck did you have to ruin my weekend like that 

• Haha 1