talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

23 minutes ago, nudge said:

Mixed feelings about this. On one hand, it's clearly not working with Kohfeldt, on the other hand, I'm honestly afraid to see who will be the next head coach. 

I know the man for the job. 

7BEC258D-411D-44B0-8843-CD1161660F72.jpeg

This club feels so rudderless under Baumann and Bode. I don't understand why Werder keep them around. The squad doesn't even have anyone of enough value to build around. Feels like even if they escape relegation this year, they will continue to flirt with it until it inevitably comes.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Labbadia pls. But we need to retain our status as Bundesliga regulars first:|

What's the obsession with Labbadia?  He was awful at Hertha.  Just curious.

6 minutes ago, Coma said:

What's the obsession with Labbadia?  He was awful at Hertha.  Just curious.

I'm not 100% convinced you can blame Hertha BSC's  disastrous season on Labbadia since they already played underwhelming before he took the reigns and continue to do so after he's gone. Also Labbadia would make Werder more attractive, not necessarily footballing wise but visually. xD

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

I'm not 100% convinced you can blame Hertha BSC's  disastrous season on Labbadia since they already played underwhelming before he took the reigns and continue to do so after he's gone. Also Labbadia would make Werder more attractive, not necessarily footballing wise but visually. xD

I get your point, but the same could be said for the Bremen team.  If he couldn't turn around Hertha (with loads of top dollar players) then I'm not sure he could turn around Bremen either.  They're both equally in the scheiße at the moment.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Tommy said:

Labbadia, Terzic, O. Werner (Kiel), Leitl (Fürth), Schultz (St. Pauli). 

Hopefully it's just namedropping... 

Don't want Labbadia on a long-term basis. He's a good solution for the end of the season and relegation battle, but very underwhelming otherwise.

Terzic...no thanks.

Werner, Leitl, Schultz are hard to judge. Could be an interesting option, especially Werner. Think they are only being named because their current clubs are doing well in the 2. Liga. 

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Rebel Yelle said:

This club feels so rudderless under Baumann and Bode. I don't understand why Werder keep them around. The squad doesn't even have anyone of enough value to build around. Feels like even if they escape relegation this year, they will continue to flirt with it until it inevitably comes.

Yeah, a bit hard to vote Bode out given that the member meeting can't take place due to covid restrictions, and digital meeting is not an option. We're still due last year's annual meeting which has been delayed and delayed again. And even then, I believe 2 thirds of votes are needed to vote anyone from the Aufsichtsrat out; and given lack of options to replace him (Wontorra? Don't think so...), I don't think anything will happen. Unless we do get relegated, then I can see some changes incoming.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Rebel Yelle said:

Is there any way to get rid of Kohfeldt before the next game or are we just stuck with him? If we can get rid of him, is there anyone people would recommend for the last game to be caretaker?

Is there a way? Yes. Will it happen? No.

Not saying this was a false step- the reasoning is remarkable, though. Baumann said they sacked Kohfeldt because his relationship with the team would be on an all- time low, not even a month after Baumann had said the reason not to sack Kohfeldt would be the very good relationship he had with the team. What's true now? Hope Schaaf succeeds in his probably last match as a Werder manager, would be sad if this club legend had to oversee a relegation.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Not saying this was a false step- the reasoning is remarkable, though. Baumann said they sacked Kohfeldt because his relationship with the team would be on an all- time low, not even a month after Baumann had said the reason not to sack Kohfeldt would be the very good relationship he had with the team. What's true now? Hope Schaaf succeeds in his probably last match as a Werder manager, would be sad if this club legend had to oversee a relegation.

I'm expecting full on oldschool Thomas Schaaf harakiri football. A solid 6-5 win against Gladbach. 

But yea, Baumann does not look good in all this. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Baumann should sack himself too, as should the supervisory board. What a farce of a club have we become. Ridden with indecisiveness, lack of plan, and straight out incompetence; from bottom to the top. 

Hope Schaaf manages to save us once more, but in such a short time, it's unrealistic to expect anything... Let's hope for the best... 

• Upvote 3

Glad to see it finally happen, the club deserves no credit for any of this and Baumann has disgraced himself.

The entire season has been such a disaster, and if we are relegated having played the most boring style of any team in the bundesliga it will really be a cherry on top. Hopefully with Schaaf at the helm they give it a proper go in the final game.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

According to Deichstube, we're in talks with Terzic and Leitl for the next season.

Terzic would be cool. I find the thought that the DFB Pokal-Winner becomes an understudy of a coach who pretty much achieved nothing with Gladbach a bit weird. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Terzic would be cool. I find the thought that the DFB Pokal-Winner becomes an understudy of a coach who pretty much achieved nothing with Gladbach a bit weird. 

I don't know, I'm quite skeptical and find him hard to judge. Young, unexperienced coach who did pretty well in his first half season in the Bundesliga, but then managing a squad like BVB with all its quality and players who can make a difference is completely different from the challenges awaiting in Bremen... Feels like taking another gamble. At this point, I'd strongly prefer someone with at least some experience successfully managing a club with low financial resources and getting the best out of mediocre players; regardless if we manage to stay up or get relegated.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, nudge said:

At this point, I'd strongly prefer someone with at least some experience successfully managing a club with low financial resources and getting the best out of mediocre players

5,w=1192,q=low,c=0.bild.jpg

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, nudge said:

I don't know, I'm quite skeptical and find him hard to judge. Young, unexperienced coach who did pretty well in his first half season in the Bundesliga, but then managing a squad like BVB with all its quality and players who can make a difference is completely different from the challenges awaiting in Bremen... Feels like taking another gamble. At this point, I'd strongly prefer someone with at least some experience successfully managing a club with low financial resources and getting the best out of mediocre players; regardless if we manage to stay up or get relegated.

Share your opinion, still knowing Werder's approach recently , talking about the last 3-4 manager appointments here, and the facts a) Frings is without contract and b) Klose announced he'll leave Bayern at the end of this season let me fear something different, or more of the same depending on how you look at it, will happen.¬¬

Edited by Rucksackfranzose