talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Share your opinion, still knowing Werder's approach recently , talking about the last 3-4 manager apoointments here, and the facts a) Frings is without contract and b) Klose announced he'll leave Bayern at the end of this season let me fear something different, or more of the same depending on how you look at it, will happen.¬¬

Might as well dismantle the club already and save the fans some nerves then... Also Klose can fuck off, either way. He's not welcome here.

Baumann said in an interview today that this time, there will be no "internal solution" and the new head coach will be someone from "the outside". On the other hand, Baumann said many things before and contradicted himself numerous times, so that's not worth much, I guess (not to mention the fact that since both Frings and Klose are currently not at the club, both of them could be understood as an external solution, too...)... Either way, hope that won't happen. Just as I hope it will not be Andi Herzog, either (thankfully, it seems he just took charge of Admira). And I definitely hope it won't be one of the failed, boring, burned-out managers like Breitenreiter, Tedesco, Gisdol, Wagner, etc. Based on our precarious financial situation though, it's reasonable to think that the new head coach has to be out of contract to avoid paying any compensation/release fee, or at least their club must be willing to let them go. 

5 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

There's a passage in the art of war about an army who is ready to die won't hang their laundry and washing the night before battle. 

We shall sacrifice Erras to the gods, paint our faces with his blood and score 129 goals against Gladbach. 

You really peaked when you won funniest member of the year. 

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Selke is fat enough to be like Ailton. 

-----Milot--------------Fulkrug-----
-------------Bittencourt-------------
Mohwald---------------------Egg
---------------Mbom-------------------
Ludi--Moisander-Toprak-Gebre

Get at em lads. 

Schmid, Bargfrede, Friedl instead of Bittencourt, Mbom, Moisander 😎

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

According to the disgusting, four letter named tabloid (not the most reliable source I know) Werder are interested in hiring Gerhard Struber as their next manager.

Would be an interesting appointment, definitely one of the better suggestions so far, but I'm skeptical as he left both WAC and Burnley after a short time in charge because he got better financial offers elsewhere... Not sure if we're a serious option for him, based on that. 

3 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

According to the disgusting, four letter named tabloid (not the most reliable source I know) Werder are interested in hiring Gerhard Struber as their next manager.

I thought he just joined NY Red Bulls in MLS a few months ago.  Is he gone already?  

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Coma said:

I thought he just joined NY Red Bulls in MLS a few months ago.  Is he gone already?  

No, still there and has a contract until 2023. Another reason why I think it's unlikely.

• Subscriber

Will be interesting to see how the squad looks in two months time when we play our first match of the new season. Definitely very different, that's for sure.

Players likely to leave:

Goal - Pavlenka
Defenders - Gebre Selassie, Moisander, Friedl, Veljkovic, Toprak (?), Augustinsson
Midfielders - M. Eggestein, Bittencourt
Attackers - Rashica, Sargent, Selke, J. Eggestein (?), Osako

What we're left with:

Goal - Kapino, Zetterer, Plogmann (?), dos Santos Haesler
Defenders - Agu, Groß, Nawrocki, Straudi, Park, Beste (?)
Midfielders - Erras, Möhwald, Mbom, Schmid, Gruev, Bargfrede (?), Jacobsen, Rieckmann, Schmidt, Schönfelder, Mina, Badjie
Attackers - Füllkrug, Dinkci, Woltemade, Osabutey (?), Goller, Philipp, Nankishi

New signings? So far, we're being linked with Kevin Behrens.

I hope Jojo returns from his loan and stays at the club; think he would be great in the 2. Liga. Defence will have to be rebuilt completely, most likely. 

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, nudge said:

Will be interesting to see how the squad looks in two months time when we play our first match of the new season. Definitely very different, that's for sure.

Players likely to leave:

Goal - Pavlenka
Defenders - Gebre Selassie, Moisander, Friedl, Veljkovic, Toprak (?), Augustinsson

What we're left with:

Midfielders - Erras, Möhwald, Mbom, Schmid, Gruev, Bargfrede (?), Jacobsen, Rieckmann, Schmidt, Schönfelder, Mina, Badjie
Attackers - Füllkrug, Dinkci, Woltemade, Osabutey (?), Goller, Philipp, Nankishi

I hope Jojo returns from his loan and stays at the club; think he would be great in the 2. Liga. Defence will have to be rebuilt completely, most likely. 

Any of those leaving out of contract or just likely to be sold?  Don't think Pavlenka will have a hard time finding a new club.  I'm always torn between keeping good players for a promotion push but then I remember these same got you relegated!

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Coma said:

Any of those leaving out of contract or just likely to be sold?  Don't think Pavlenka will have a hard time finding a new club.  I'm always torn between keeping good players for a promotion push but then I remember these same got you relegated!

None of them are out of contract, the club ensured that all player contracts are valid in 2. Liga, too, with their wages automatically decreasing by 40-60%. Many of them will be still too expensive though, and I wonder if we find buyers for some of those... 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Baumann stays. :| 

Apparently, two of the supervisory board members (including Bode) wanted him to continue, two wanted him gone (Zech and Krohne), and the remaining two were undecided. The undecisiveness is the main thing that really grinds my gears about the club's management... 

No surprises there, really. When you think about it, we have no money, and finding a new manager and building a new squad for 2. Liga is surely a priority now... In addition, the new supervisory board is supposed to be voted in September (if the member meeting can finally take place), so there will likely be more drastic changes incoming then (not necessary for the better, though).

• Upvote 3

On 23/05/2021 at 19:20, nudge said:

Players likely to leave:

Goal - Pavlenka

What we're left with:

It must be quite a shock to Werder fans that the club plummeted down the table in the manner that they did right at the end of the season. Werder definitely had a squad that talent wise were Bundesliga material, but it looked like they didn't have the fight that other sides such as Mainz or Koln had. It will be a real shame if they are unable to keep most of their key players for the Bundesliga promotion push next season. But I have to admit that it does look likely that most of their notable players will leave. My commiserations to all the Werder fans, this is a very disappointing period in Werder Bremen's history.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, McAzeem said:

Bremen's badge looks like a rip off of Willy Wonka's factory

The first Willy Wonka novel was published in 1964. Werder Bremen was founded in 1899. So if anything, it's Willy Wonka who's the rip off!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1